GDT: #38| Apr. 6, 2013| Flyers at Jets| 3:00 p.m. ET

hckyplayer8

Don't bang the glass
Mar 26, 2011
Grand Forks,ND
A lot of this Bryz talk is cover up for the poor play of the Heroes of this team, Giroux, Hartnell, Schenn, Coutsie, Vorabeast, IMO.

Giroux has one goal in his last seven games. Stretch run. Clutch time. Captain territory. One goal in seven games.

Bryz's fault.

Yeah lets blame the guys who are a P/gm players like Jake, and Roo.

I hate Harts and even I can realize that hes been hurth 3/4 of the year and still isn't 100%.

It must be all of the above and not the giant sieve in net with a 2.88GA and .896 Sav.

hckyplayer8

Don't bang the glass
Mar 26, 2011
Grand Forks,ND
So supposedly what was the difference today with Bryz's effort or whatever as opposed to the other games this week where we had to make dramatic comebacks?

The offense was not able to bail themselves or the BUM out of the hole they were in.

Just like last year, the offense makes the difference for this team 99% of the time.

If they are able to put 3 or more in, they usually win.

Very few times have we won games where we scored under 3 goals.

In fact those times have been four this season and seven times last year.

Eleven times in 120 games.

Last edited:

jd2210

Registered Non User
Jul 24, 2009
Great White North
Well my winning percentage is unchanged. I'm now 0 for 16 at flyer games. It's like they know I'm there and suck on purpose. Good thing I don't live in Philly or they'd never make the playoffs

SuchySays

Jun 25, 2012
Poconos
Well my winning percentage is unchanged. I'm now 0 for 16 at flyer games. It's like they know I'm there and suck on purpose. Good thing I don't live in Philly or they'd never make the playoffs

wow. that is extremely unlucky. wtf

Bernie Parent 1974

Sep 29, 2009
but you know what happens to almost every other team when this happens, their goalie keeps the team in the game and competitive.

i guess you haven't watched enough games then, because i've seen that happen to other teams ..... followed by Rinne, Quick, Schneider, Howard, Luongo, Bernier, Smith, Fleury & Lundqvist getting pulled.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
i guess you haven't watched enough games then, because i've seen that happen to other teams ..... followed by Rinne, Quick, Schneider, Howard, Luongo, Bernier, Smith, Fleury & Lundqvist getting pulled.

Fleury and Smith aren't even good goalies. Bernier and Loungo are both playing behind another goaltender. Lundqvist and Rinne are arguably the best two goalies in the NHL and their good games far outweigh the few bad games they have through the year. Point is Bryz is an average goalie at best other than caphit/salary he doesn't really have anything in common with most of those goalies you just listed.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
i see. everybody else gets an excuse.

gotchya.

No the whole team including Bryz sucked yesterday. Bryz gets plenty of excuses around here from his defenders. Half of the time the excuses flip flop each other based on whatever makes Bryz look better for that day. Yesterday where Bryz was born at was used for an excuse for why people get on him. If that's not going full on crazy with the excuses I don't know what is.

Bernie Parent 1974

Sep 29, 2009
do you even understand what a back breaking, wind stealing goal is ???

wind stealing ? coughing up 3 goals by not covering a man & getting outmuscled and outworked is not generating a breeze, let alone wind ;)

go ahead, blame the whole game on the last goal, give the team a pass for "packing it in" after goal 4 ....... when in reality, they did it after the 1st period.

yup, everything will be just fine with Mason in net ..... glad you can make yourself feel so good that you just solved all our problems;);)

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

gotchya.

Haha, really? No. Everybody got panned. Nobody has stepped up to defend Giroux. Nobody has stepped up to defend Read or Hartnell.

People have stepped up to defend Bryzgalov. Why? I honestly have no idea at this point. Stockholm Syndrome is my best guess. Bryzgalov's effort in that game was easily the worst on the team, as well.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
One additional Bryzgalov point I do want to insert is the lack of effort he put on the Ladd breakaway in the first period. Fortunately for Bryzgalov and the team, Ladd shot it over the net because Bryzgalov hardly moved his blocker.

I'm not sure, BP, I actually think Bryz got a piece of that with his blocker and that's why it went over. Didn't see it the first time, but on the intermission replay it looked like it ticked off the blocker. Can't be bothered to look it up. Anyway, now we're blaming Bryz when guys miss the net??? :)

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I'm not sure, BP, I actually think Bryz got a piece of that with his blocker and that's why it went over. Didn't see it the first time, but on the intermission replay it looked like it ticked off the blocker. Can't be bothered to look it up. Anyway, now we're blaming Bryz when guys miss the net??? :)

No, we're blaming him for yet more lack of effort. He got lucky that time

On my first viewing I thought he shot it well high...which is good, because he had plenty of space to get a puck through.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Flyers were just as dominate in the 1st as the Jets were in the 2nd, difference ????

Jets have a goalie that actually doesn't quit. Down 3-1 to a fragile Jets team would of gave us a chance at a point, the 4th goal the yawning puke quit on was sickening.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
If mason plays well for the next couple of times he starts will we be saying the defense is better? I'm really curious. Bryz is beyond being defended. He just isn't what we thought he could be. Time to cut ties and let him go

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
If mason plays well for the next couple of times he starts will we be saying the defense is better? I'm really curious. Bryz is beyond being defended. He just isn't what we thought he could be. Time to cut ties and let him go

oh you can be sure the Bryz-boys will be all over it if Mason plays well and we win..

they'll spout off how the Defense and Off. stepped up and played 60 mins.

if Mason stumbles and we lose, then it will be all his fault.

you can bank it.

least with Mason we get a chance to see what he can do, before deciding if hes better then Bryz on the same team.

im going to go with better, cuz its hard to fathom him being worse then bumzgalov.

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
oh you can be sure the Bryz-boys will be all over it if Mason plays well and we win..

they'll spout off how the Defense and Off. stepped up and played 60 mins.

if Mason stumbles and we lose, then it will be all his fault.

you can bank it.

least with Mason we get a chance to see what he can do, before deciding if hes better then Bryz on the same team.

im going to go with better, cuz its hard to fathom him being worse then bumzgalov.

If anyone is rooting for a certain player over the end outcome for the team, they aren't good fans.

blinds

Jan 5, 2012
wind stealing ? coughing up 3 goals by not covering a man & getting outmuscled and outworked is not generating a breeze, let alone wind ;)

go ahead, blame the whole game on the last goal, give the team a pass for "packing it in" after goal 4 ....... when in reality, they did it after the 1st period.

yup, everything will be just fine with Mason in net ..... glad you can make yourself feel so good that you just solved all our problems;);)

.667 sv% in the 2nd. Goalies have better save percentages in the shootout than that.

Do you ever wonder to yourself why you have to defend Bryz EVERY game? Ever consider that maybe it's not just a lot of irrational hate, maybe people have a legitimate gripe with his actual performance?

Bryzgalov is one of the highest paid goalies in the league, and he's expected to perform as one of the best in the league. At what point does he deserve the blame? At what point is it his own fault for owning a .896% sv % or an almost 3 GAA? There's plenty of worse defenses in the league, and all of them except Calgary have a goaltender that owns better stats than Bryz. It's been more than a year here and a lot of your go to excuses are starting to run dry (having to adjust to a new system, adjust to media, adjust to a new team, small sample size, having to compete with Bob, not playing consistently enough, whatever).

You might want to consider that if it looks, quacks and acts like a duck, it may, in fact, be a duck.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)

Like Beef said, it's not blame, it's the effort. I'm not sure about the blocker contact, but I'll go back and check. It's a given that the book on Bryzgalov is to shoot high. He seemed to barely move his blocker arm.

The thing is, that non-movement says to me that Bryzgalov is past tired. I'm not forgetting the spectacular saves he made earlier in the season, and to me it's an aberration that he didn't commit to the move more than he did. I think he's spent physically and probably mentally, too, at this point in this train-wreck of a season. Just my inexpert 2 cents. That's why I'm interested in seeing Mason goal for two reasons: first what Mason can do and second how Bryzgalov will respond with some rest.

JXC

#ThisAintXbox #ThisAintMightyDucks #FireHakstol
Dec 28, 2005
Giroux has 9 points in those seven games

Who cares? He's not getting it done. One of those points was when he missed an open net, hitting the crossbar and then someone else put it in. Another of those great points was when he hit Voracek in the face with a shot that then bounced in. Another was a pass to Gus that Gus threw off a defensemans skate in front into the net.

Crunch time.
Seven games.
One goal.

JXC

#ThisAintXbox #ThisAintMightyDucks #FireHakstol
Dec 28, 2005
Haha, really? No. Everybody got panned. Nobody has stepped up to defend Giroux. Nobody has stepped up to defend Read or Hartnell.

:biglaugh:

Go look at any of the ten All Purpose Roo threads and you will find plenty of defenders.

:facepalm:

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
A lot of this Bryz talk is cover up for the poor play of the Heroes of this team, Giroux, Hartnell, Schenn, Coutsie, Vorabeast, IMO.

Giroux has one goal in his last seven games. Stretch run. Clutch time. Captain territory. One goal in seven games.

Bryz's fault.

Not blaming Lavy for the loss yesterday? If it wasnt for the "heroes" in front of Bryzgalov yesterday would of been the 4th straight loss.

gotchya.

Except for Bryzgalov. Hes been running on a 20 month free pass from you.

FlyingPhilly

Mar 3, 2013
Philly
.667 sv% in the 2nd. Goalies have better save percentages in the shootout than that.

Do you ever wonder to yourself why you have to defend Bryz EVERY game? Ever consider that maybe it's not just a lot of irrational hate, maybe people have a legitimate gripe with his actual performance?

Bryzgalov is one of the highest paid goalies in the league, and he's expected to perform as one of the best in the league. At what point does he deserve the blame? At what point is it his own fault for owning a .896% sv % or an almost 3 GAA? There's plenty of worse defenses in the league, and all of them except Calgary have a goaltender that owns better stats than Bryz. It's been more than a year here and a lot of your go to excuses are starting to run dry (having to adjust to a new system, adjust to media, adjust to a new team, small sample size, having to compete with Bob, not playing consistently enough, whatever).

You might want to consider that if it looks, quacks and acts like a duck, it may, in fact, be a duck.

You are literally discussing with a black hole. Reasoning gets sucked in and ignorance gets spewed out.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Just a reminder. Since Feb 1. 783 shots faced. 697 saves. .890 save %.

Must be a ton of perfect snipes, deflections, bad breaks right? :laugh:

last 31 games for Giroux 9 G 24 A
last 31 games for Voracek 15 G 20 A

but yeah lets point fingers at the "heroes" :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad