GDT: #38| Apr. 6, 2013| Flyers at Jets| 3:00 p.m. ET

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
I was there. Jets fans in my suite felt bad for me at how bad BRYZ WAS. Was he a bad on tv as he was live. .????? Everyone was laughing so hard in his effort on goal 4. What a brutal game to see live. Lol

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
What if, 5000 years from now, Battlefield Earth and today's Flyers game are the only extant examples of our culture? What if the people of the future think this is the best we could do?

The tiny risk of such a possibility is unacceptable. When I'm president, I'll nuke humanity into oblivion to erase that risk. It's better to not exist at all, rather than exist in a place where Battlefield Earth and this game are on par with the Iliad and the Odyssey.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
After 4 Stanleys in a row, it was inevitable that this team would suffer a bad Seth like we saw today. The defense played down (especially while L Sch*** was out getting his head sewn) to its level, and nobody seemed in sync in the 2nd. I wouldn't at all blame this game on Bryzgalov, despite his complete non-effort on the 4th goal. The goals were all point-blank with kindergarten fire drills of defense around him. However, he looked like he was resigned to the fact that he was going to get scored on and didn't seem to battle at all for any of the first three.

Time to let him rest for a game or two at the end of the bench.

3Fs

Sep 22, 2005
Western Pa.
After 4 Stanleys in a row, it was inevitable that this team would suffer a bad Seth like we saw today. The defense played down (especially while L Sch*** was out getting his head sewn) to its level, and nobody seemed in sync in the 2nd. I wouldn't at all blame this game on Bryzgalov, despite his complete non-effort on the 4th goal. The goals were all point-blank with kindergarten fire drills of defense around him. However, he looked like he was resigned to the fact that he was going to get scored on and didn't seem to battle at all for any of the first three.

Time to let him rest for a game or two at the end of the bench.

Amen

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
Missed the game. From the last few pages it looks like bryz sucked and mason got some ice time. Anyone care to elaborate?

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
Missed the game. From the last few pages it looks like bryz sucked and mason got some ice time. Anyone care to elaborate?

The team looked as bad in the 2nd as I've seen it look this year. Bryz wasn't great on the first three goals (to varying degrees), and then basically let the 4th one sail by him--reacting with a combination of disgust and despair.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
The team looked as bad in the 2nd as I've seen it look this year. Bryz wasn't great on the first three goals (to varying degrees), and basically let the 4th one sail by him--reacting with a combination of disgust and despair.

Really, I don't see why Bryz is getting the blame he is. There was a scramble and Wellwood jumped in and roofed a rebound, same with the Kane goal. Little made a nice shot on the 4th one. I didn't see the 2nd period as an individual one, it was a team collapse. As soon as we got the PP on Kane's incredible cheapshot, they needed to rally and score to make it 2-0, but they just fumbled the whole thing away, gave them momentum, and folded like a cheap tent.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Really, I don't see why Bryz is getting the blame he is. There was a scramble and Wellwood jumped in and roofed a rebound, same with the Kane goal. Little made a nice shot on the 4th one. I didn't see the 2nd period as an individual one, it was a team collapse. As soon as we got the PP on Kane's incredible cheapshot, they needed to rally and score to make it 2-0, but they just fumbled the whole thing away, gave them momentum, and folded like a cheap tent.

I have no idea how you can defend the 4th goal? I can see arguments for the other 3 but the 4th one was soft as hell and his reaction to it was ridiculous. The guy simply mailed it in and gave up at that point.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
So supposedly what was the difference today with Bryz's effort or whatever as opposed to the other games this week where we had to make dramatic comebacks?

BernieParent

Mar 13, 2009
So supposedly what was the difference today with Bryz's effort or whatever as opposed to the other games this week where we had to make dramatic comebacks?

Honestly, it's hard to do a comparison, given the nature of the first three goals: the first was point-blank on an odd-man rush, and the next two were within 10' of the goal. Bryzgalov looked completely unconcerned with the fourth one.

OT, but how on earth do you have over 100,000 posts?

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Sorry shold have just posted...

Something like they were complacent after the first and overconfident thinking they were going to win out and it would be easy path to the playoffs. Called this a wake up call that it's not going to be easy. Seems obvious but makes sense and is a positive.

Better a loss now and not against the isles

a wake up call? in game 38 when you are fighting for your playoff lives? if you need wake up calls at this point then you already lost.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
I'm done with Bryzgalov. You know when we play other teams, their goalie makes a big save and they go on to win? Wouldn't it be nice if that ever happened to us? Bryz had six good shots on him last night, 2 hit the post and the others went in. He's an expensive sieve and I'm done with him. Buy him out in the summer and move on. Schneider/Bernier are our future.

JXC

#ThisAintXbox #ThisAintMightyDucks #FireHakstol
Dec 28, 2005

A lot of this Bryz talk is cover up for the poor play of the Heroes of this team, Giroux, Hartnell, Schenn, Coutsie, Vorabeast, IMO.

Giroux has one goal in his last seven games. Stretch run. Clutch time. Captain territory. One goal in seven games.

Bryz's fault.

chimrichalds18

the key
Apr 17, 2007
philadelphia
If the goalie's the difference in the game, fine. Blame him and get on his case for effort. But Bryz was not the difference -- good or bad -- in this game. The team got ****ing steamrolled in the second period. He's not the one coaching them, assembling the team, or in charge of their energy level. Everyone had a good first period and then thought they had the game in the bag from there on out. Give Bryz a rest.

Bernie Parent 1974

Sep 29, 2009
If the goalie's the difference in the game, fine. Blame him and get on his case for effort. But Bryz was not the difference -- good or bad -- in this game. The team got ****ing steamrolled in the second period. He's not the one coaching them, assembling the team, or in charge of their energy level. Everyone had a good first period and then thought they had the game in the bag from there on out. Give Bryz a rest.

completely agreed.

that said, Bryz was A W F U L on that 4th goal & needed to sit, absolutely.

Hartsy & Simmer were A W F U L on that 1st goal .... NEITHER covered ANYONE !! WTF ??!!

amazing how this team could come out like that in the 2nd .... down by 2 in the 3rd would have been bad enough, that 4th cant go in ...

scoring no goals in the 3rd just sealed the horrible deal

Bernie Parent 1974

Sep 29, 2009
I have no idea how you can defend the 4th goal

agreed. Bryz has to come up with that, no doubt.

that said, that wasn't the goal of difference.

Really, I don't see why Bryz is getting the blame he is. There was a scramble and Wellwood jumped in and roofed a rebound, same with the Kane goal. I didn't see the 2nd period as an individual one, it was a team collapse.

it's easier around here to just blame the goalie for the 23rd year in a row, instead of calling out our "heros" for ceasing to compete after the 1st, missing so many chances & nets, not picking up the goal scorer on goal #1 [Harts / Simmer] & getting us into that 1-3 hole as quickly as they did

its easier to put all the blame on goal #4 in a 4-1 loss .....

i didn't see a different team in the 3rd in front of 35, did you ?
shouldn't they all have had the renewed sense of confidence & just blown the Jets away after switching goalies ?

you just knew it was gonna be a miracle if they had scored a 2nd goal.

Codith

Aug 31, 2010
Jesus common guys, yes the team play bad for 40 minutes, but our vezina "paid" goalie once again doesn't do anything to steal a game for us. The guy is Swiss cheese, how
Many times do you so guys just blowing shots by bryz while he looks like he is playing a pick up game. Everyone else, fan a like on other teams sees how terrible he is, time to except that. Guys is giving AHL quality starts for money he should have never received in the first place. If you watch other teams at all, they all have tendencies to **** the bed with 2 on 1's and breakaways, but at least their goalies make a save or two as a result. No one here can tell me they feel confident with Bryz when someone is rushing down on a breakaway.

Now hat Mason is here, this would be my test to see of the kid is at least effort wise going to try and steal that #1 spot.

BernieParent

Mar 13, 2009
One additional Bryzgalov point I do want to insert is the lack of effort he put on the Ladd breakaway in the first period. Fortunately for Bryzgalov and the team, Ladd shot it over the net because Bryzgalov hardly moved his blocker.

4thline4life

Jul 12, 2010
A lot of this Bryz talk is cover up for the poor play of the Heroes of this team, Giroux, Hartnell, Schenn, Coutsie, Vorabeast, IMO.

Giroux has one goal in his last seven games. Stretch run. Clutch time. Captain territory. One goal in seven games.

Bryz's fault.

Giroux has 9 points in those seven games

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
agreed. Bryz has to come up with that, no doubt.

that said, that wasn't the goal of difference.

it's easier around here to just blame the goalie for the 23rd year in a row, instead of calling out our "heros" for ceasing to compete after the 1st, missing so many chances & nets, not picking up the goal scorer on goal #1 [Harts / Simmer] & getting us into that 1-3 hole as quickly as they did

its easier to put all the blame on goal #4 in a 4-1 loss .....

i didn't see a different team in the 3rd in front of 35, did you ?
shouldn't they all have had the renewed sense of confidence & just blown the Jets away after switching goalies ?

you just knew it was gonna be a miracle if they had scored a 2nd goal.

Here's the thing. Every single team in the NHL goes through times in games where they are flat out dominated. They can't keep pressure in the zone, fore-checking has gone to hell, passing is not crisp, etc.... but you know what happens to almost every other team when this happens, their goalie keeps the team in the game and competitive. There has only been a handful of times Bryz has done this for us this season, and we need more of that out of him. He is a veteran goalie playing in front of a team of youth right now. There is bound to be mistakes. With youth comes inconsistency. Everyone should have seen that coming into this year. We pay the guy to keep us in the game(don't give me that ******** where you don't judge a player on his pay, it's the determining factor of the criticism) and he just flat out doesn't succeed.

We are creating every god damn excuse for Bryz anymore(actually the three people who defend him are), instead of shouldering the blame on him. He never tells the media he needs to do better. He tells them to go ask the coach. He doesn't have the right attitude to be a goalie in this city. I can sit here and blame management for the horrible deal, but it shows they are trying to fix this problem. They want a goalie who can deal with the fans of this city and the pressure it brings with it. Bryz clearly isn't the answer here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad