GDT: #38| Apr. 6, 2013| Flyers at Jets| 3:00 p.m. ET

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
figured he'd get the start. i have a feeling kimmo will be in too. lets make it 5 in a row

anybody else notice the devils have 2 more pts than the flyers in the same amount of games yet they have 2 less wins cause of loser points? that is so wrong. devils and flyers have a game in hand on the islanders who is sitting in the 8th seed w/ 40 points. the difference is if the playoffs started tomorrow and the flyers and devils made up that one game in hand the devils could potentially make the playoffs but the flyers couldn't even if they win. that is total bs. with the re-alignment next season i wish the nhl would just go to a 3pt game system.

mantis toboggan

Aug 2, 2009
South Jersey
maybe not much worse then bryz but he can def be worse and has been for the better part of 4 years. sure he can turn it around but why chance it when you know what you have in bryz and it has been working the past 4 games. i posted this in the goaltending thread yesterday, bryz has posted a .910 sv% or better in 19 of his 35 starts this season in which his avg sv% is .937. bryz is just ridiculously streaky. i'm not counting on it but if he can get hot again maybe the flyers make the playoffs. i think the odds of mason turning it around immediately after a trade in a much higher pressure situation and being the better goalie is less then bryz getting hot again. that's not to say i wouldn't give mason a shot to prove himself in the future, just that now might not be the best time

Ah I guess you're right. I'm just anxious to see how mason plays for us, cause there is a chance he turns it around and actually plays well. But I agree i feel like we won't get a chance to see him until this winning streak is over, whenever that is.

ahthorne

Feb 23, 2013
Vancouver
If they lose today, I think Mason starts the next one. Hoping Timonen is good to go otherwise our defense looks like:

Lauridsen - Schenn
Gustafsson - Gervais
Huskins - Foster

... oh god.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
If they lose today, I think Mason starts the next one. Hoping Timonen is good to go otherwise our defense looks like:

Lauridsen - Schenn
Gustafsson - Gervais
Huskins - Foster

... oh god.

Possibly but then again, two+ days off for Bryzgalov and a head-to-head matchup Tuesday night against a division rival jockeying for a PO position.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Only one real chance to start Mason is when we play Habs/Rangers on a back to back. Otherwise, it's Bryzgalov to the death.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Timonen is in and will start.

Starters:
Bryzgalov
Timonen-Gervais
Read-Giroux-Voracek

Refs: Dave Jackson and Francis Charron.

Winnipeg scratches: Trouba, Postma, Meech, Miettinen, Kulda, Antropov.

FlyingPhilly

Mar 3, 2013
Philly
They've been winning, is the point.

Yes, the Flyers have been winning in spite of Bryz's poor play. Feels like 2011-2012 season again. Only the results matter right? I mean the anxiety I get from every shot on Bryz is a moot point and if it leads to a heart attack it is all good when the team wins.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad