GDT: #38| Apr. 6, 2013| Flyers at Jets| 3:00 p.m. ET

RoDu

May 22, 2003
Winnipeg
Visit site
Holy **** at this bloody weather. No doubt, Bryz got of the plane and said I told you so

I'd rather see the devil I know instead of the devil I don't know; Bryz over Mason

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
Holy **** at this bloody weather. No doubt, Bryz got of the plane and said I told you so

I'd rather see the devil I know instead of the devil I don't know; Bryz over Mason

i agree. i understand wanting to see what Mason can do but the flyers if they win this game have a legit shot at making the playoffs. i rather hold off on mason as he is one of the few goalies in the league who can actually be leighton level bad. i don't want that anywhere near this team while they're winning.

mantis toboggan

Aug 2, 2009
South Jersey
i agree. i understand wanting to see what Mason can do but the flyers if they win this game have a legit shot at making the playoffs. i rather hold off on mason as he is one of the few goalies in the league who can actually be leighton level bad. i don't want that anywhere near this team while they're winning.

There's also a chance he turns it around and actually plays well for us. It's not like he can be much worse than bryz (I hope)

Yukon Cornelius*

I've been watching all of Mason's starts this season through Gamecenter. The suggestion that he is remotely akin to Michael Leighton is pure garbage and based solely on a Quick glance at his stats and not direct observation.

Talk about your hard luck goalies, 5-3 PP's, flukey bounces, silly turnovers and one complete defensive breakdown after another. By the time the Jackets start to turn it around in their own end, they've gone with Bob and giving him the lion's share of the starts.

If anyone has Gamecenter, go watch his starts against the Hawks & the Wings this season (Jan 26, Feb 2) and tell me you're not excited about having this kid on your team.

He has unbelievable athleticism and his lateral movement is lightning quick.

You don't make this move to have him ride the pine, gotta' believe Mason gets the nod this afternoon and I'm happy as a piggy in poo to see him in Orange & Black. (White & Orange today)

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
There's also a chance he turns it around and actually plays well for us. It's not like he can be much worse than bryz (I hope)

maybe not much worse then bryz but he can def be worse and has been for the better part of 4 years. sure he can turn it around but why chance it when you know what you have in bryz and it has been working the past 4 games. i posted this in the goaltending thread yesterday, bryz has posted a .910 sv% or better in 19 of his 35 starts this season in which his avg sv% is .937. bryz is just ridiculously streaky. i'm not counting on it but if he can get hot again maybe the flyers make the playoffs. i think the odds of mason turning it around immediately after a trade in a much higher pressure situation and being the better goalie is less then bryz getting hot again. that's not to say i wouldn't give mason a shot to prove himself in the future, just that now might not be the best time

Sniped

Snowballs at Santa
Mar 13, 2013
Philly
After seeing the garbage pens fans talk crap (mainly on nhl.com) now there is nothing I want more than to sneak into the 8th place and send the ****tsburgh penguins golfing early. I hate them so much.

LETS GO FLYERS!! :yo:

SgtJoseph*

The bottom line with me is that we need to stay outta the penalty box and start finishing more on the great scoring chances we have had lately.....I would like to see Bryz get a break like most NHL goalies get but i believe Lavy knows his team better than any of us do......Whichever goalie he goes with is fine with me.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
I can't see them NOT playing Bryz. 4 game win streak? I think Lavy will absolutely play Bryz. I do want to see Mason play though.

PF

Aug 23, 2003
UK
Visit site
I can't see them NOT playing Bryz. 4 game win streak? I think Lavy will absolutely play Bryz. I do want to see Mason play though.

Lavy has always tended to ride a goalie when they're winning, I don't really see him changing goalies until Bryz drops one. Might be wrong.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Lavy would start bryz even if this was another back to back set. He never makes changes off a win.

I can see us losing this game but for once it's almost acceptable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad