GDT: #37: FLYERS at Panthers, Saturday, Dec. 29, 2018, 7:00 pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foggy14

Sep 13, 2017
Is anybody concern we aren’t seeing much movement yet?

Mac still plays. Weise still in. Oskar still on 4th line. Patrick with plugs, now acting like one.

This team seems to have really mixed up priorities.

Moving Hak out has bought Fletcher a lot of grace with me.

After Dave Scott’s comments, I’ve got to believe that there will be significant player movement between now and the deadline.

Sure hope the latest injury has nothing to do with the head because the history, and Nolan’s style of play this season, has me concerned.

In a recent article, Jay Greenberg said that Patrick was playing with “frightening passivity.” That may be a bit of an overstatement, but I can see what he’s talking about. Nolan isn’t a shy player, so guarding an injury is the most likely reason.

DaphneLion

Apr 8, 2018
Pennsylvania
Sure hope the latest injury has nothing to do with the head because the history, and Nolan’s style of play this season, has me concerned.

In a recent article, Jay Greenberg said that Patrick was playing with “frightening passivity.” That may be a bit of an overstatement, but I can see what he’s talking about. Nolan isn’t a shy player, so guarding an injury is the most likely reason.

That tweet about Nolan was from yesterday; he's at today's optional skate:

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Oh, I know they (Ghosts Beer and deadhead) didn't want Hak fired. I have them on ignore though so I don't know what they've been saying for a long while. Saying they would look worse under Gordon is an example of the hilariously biased troll **** that got 'em on my ignore. We were challenging, if not were, last in the league IIRC. How the **** can you do worse than last? lol.
Because Hakstols system was what was reaponsible for what little success the core players had. :sarcasm:
They gave him credit for Girouxs play last year and literally everything young players did right.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
I’m not sure where to focus my rage lately.

I’ve kind of narrowed it down to Simmonds, Mac or Knob.

Somewhat leaning to Simmer. Playing like a fourth liner for most of the year imo. I expected a hell of a lot more in a contract year. The other two are morons, and they kind of are what they are at this point.

Reactions: bennysflyers16

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Lol looking at the schedule I thought finally an easy opponent, yet they still have better record than us.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Lol looking at the schedule I thought finally an easy opponent, yet they still have better record than us.

Trochek being out sucks for them. That team might be inconsistent but he is a player that gives it his all every night. Love the speed, and a solid contract.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
We never seem to play the Panthers well, even when they’re bad. Tampa I at least expect we’ll pay them well.

On that note, don’t know why the Panthers aren’t great this season.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
I’m not sure where to focus my rage lately.

I’ve kind of narrowed it down to Simmonds, Mac or Knob.

Somewhat leaning to Simmer. Playing like a fourth liner for most of the year imo. I expected a hell of a lot more in a contract year. The other two are morons, and they kind of are what they are at this point.

Easy for me, Farmer blocking Myers
Simmer in top 6 and top PP, he’s a detriment to both spots.
Weise blocking NAK

Edit, No Taryn again :(

Last edited:

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I hope GM's are listening to the the Florida feed:

Couts: "I love his offensive flair:
Simmonds: "one of the true blue power forwards"
Jake: "usually gets 15 scoring chances a game and one of the quickest wrist shots as well"

Qyburn

Apr 2, 2012
Allentown
I hope GM's are listening to the the Florida feed:

Couts: "I love his offensive flair:
Simmonds: "one of the true blue power forwards"
Jake: "usually gets 15 scoring chances a game and one of the quickest wrist shots as well"
Was going to ask Simmer or Jake until I re-read the power forward part, because the rest could easily apply to Jake and be mostly believable. More or less.

Applied to Simmer, that's comical.

(edit: oh those quotes were *about* those players, not by them. boy my post looks dumb now lol)

Reactions: Tripod

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
Easy for me, Farmer blocking Myers
Simmer in top 6 and top PP, he’s a detriment to both spots.
Weise blocking NAK

That is ok for me here in Allentown, PA......I get to see NAK shoot lasers, go hunt down pucks in the corner and have fun. I also get to see Myers make plays, shove someone off the puck and make a great first pass......BUT I do have to live with bonehead plays by TJ with really dumb penalties with 3 minutes to go in a game, up 2-1. Luckily Myers made a great play and got the shorthanded empty netter last night to erase the dumbness. The Phantoms with 2 minutes to go were down 2 men and with the Bruins goalie pulled to make it 6 players vs 3 and survived. But I have to admit, I like Kerry Huffman's demeanor. Now they have mean face Murray, and you have to ask why? Good cop, bad cop.....?? BTW.....Phantoms are something like 85 out of 90 on the PK. Huffman has them actually attacking the point man. Of course, Phantoms have faster skaters than the Flyers do.

Reactions: bennysflyers16

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Ekblad having another one of those weird statistical seasons. More goals than assists.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
That is ok for me here in Allentown, PA......I get to see NAK shoot lasers, go hunt down pucks in the corner and have fun. I also get to see Myers make plays, shove someone off the puck and make a great first pass......BUT I do have to live with bonehead plays by TJ with really dumb penalties with 3 minutes to go in a game, up 2-1. Luckily Myers made a great play and got the shorthanded empty netter last night to erase the dumbness. The Phantoms with 2 minutes to go were down 2 men and with the Bruins goalie pulled to make it 6 players vs 3 and survived. But I have to admit, I like Kerry Huffman's demeanor. Now they have mean face Murray, and you have to ask why? Good cop, bad cop.....?? BTW.....Phantoms are something like 85 out of 90 on the PK. Huffman has them actually attacking the point man. Of course, Phantoms have faster skaters than the Flyers do.

I hate Murray. He represents all that hockey guys good ol' boys Flyer for life BS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad