Post-Game Talk: #37| FLYERS at Avalanche | Wed., Dec. 31, 2014 |

Delete99991

May 9, 2013
Can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm starting to think A-Mac is just a big a liability back there as Grossmann in most situations.

He just flat out sucks.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
The defensemen suck, but Berube is an idiot for playing them, like he has alternatives? MDZ got benched because he was a mind fart waiting to happen, like he was on the two previous teams that dumped him, L Schenn got benched because, well, he's a younger, less responsible version of Grossman. I'd be taking offers on any of them, including Streit, I suspect none will be on this roster in three years in any case.

If you're really paying attention to the games or the complaints on here, I don't know how you think people's qualms with him has to do with simply who he has to play. It's about who he decides to play and when, ice-time distribution, who gets scratched and who doesn't, line juggling, the massive and sudden decline of the PK, and his reasoning behind all of it.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
Watched the Avs feed for this one, they are just awful. I don't mean homerism or anything, but the main guy just kept getting names wrong. Bellemare was Giroux at one point!

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
So much more mobile, and younger.

Ours is by far the worst and it really isn't close. I wonder how bad Coburns value is getting.
the problem, IMO iso streit is the only reliable puck moving type we have.

Coburn, AMcD, Schenn, Grossman, Shultz are all varying degrees of the same type of player.

Paring any 2 of them together is asking for issues.this roster puts our defense in a position to fail, and that's what they are doing.

The loss of Timonen has forced everyone up, and these guys just are not there.

Each of these guys on their own merits are not raging dumpster fires, put together though...ughhh.

Last edited:

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
I think he has stayed the same. He is a guy who needs a strong veteran partner. When ever he has stunk badly, he has been paired with someone other than Kimmo Timonen. That's why there is no reason to keep him. The Flyers need veterans to provide a stable partner for young prospects not a 30 year old who still needs that veteran partner.
he's played very well in the past with grossmann, but then they need someone to carry out of the zone. These 2 wold probably be a good shutdown pair if Laughton was playing D center, not Couts...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad