Post-Game Talk: #37| FLYERS at Avalanche | Wed., Dec. 31, 2014 |

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Like LSchenn would have done better.

Yeah, blame the two that had the least to do with that goal. Blame the two idiot defenders, especially AMac, who just stood there while the Avs went Globetrotters on their ass.

The play all started when their Dman blew past Couturier at the blue line. I don't know if he was tired or just misjudged his angle.

Funf

Sep 17, 2013
Philadelphia
Like LSchenn would have done better.

The play all started when their Dman blew past Couturier at the blue line. I don't know if he was tired or just misjudged his angle.

It was also Tyson Barrie, who is a very good skater.

If you want to nitpick, a big gaffe was on Streit I think, who had solid possession, and fell down in the corner in alone, promptly losing the puck. 4 on 4 is all about possession - once you lose it, it's hard to get back.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Dont blame those two.

I blame chief for putting those two on the ice. Read the post

You've just been dying for a reason to take a dump on Couturier, haven't you? You must gave been tearing your eyes out while he's had some steady production lately, and proving.you hilariously wrong. I've noticed you've been quite missing while he's been doing well.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
How can Luke and MDZ sit in the box while that clown plays? Pathetic.

His contract is pretty much the only reason. They may bench him for a game or so like they did earlier but it isn't going to be a long term thing like Schenn & Del Zotto have experienced this season.

The thing I want to know is why isn't Grossmann in the rotation of sitting in the box like Schenn & Del Zotto? He's got a similar contract to Schenn so he doesn't have the benefit like MacDonald does.

Qyburn

Apr 2, 2012
Allentown
Another Road Point. You bet your pessimistic ass I'll take it.

7/16 now, with another possible 4 still undecided.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
So much more mobile, and younger.

Ours is by far the worst and it really isn't close. I wonder how bad Coburns value is getting.

Can only get worse and worse.

Noone will give Hextall the 1st rounder he is asking for in return so they probably go extend Coburn for MacDonald term and money next year :(

Delete99991

May 9, 2013
I still think they can get a meaningful asset for Coburn - a mid-range 2nd or better, hopefully.

gto64dr

Jan 15, 2012
This defense would be way better with good coaching. There's no way these guys are this bad. They don't seem to know where to play.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
if we had a better PK and coaching we would be a playoff team.

But coaching this year, our current PK and no kimmo has created the scenario we are in which is a bottom 10 team.

RJ8812*

I feel like Coburn has really regressed this year. Was really looking forward to his return after being injured early this year, now he is back and just horrible.

Regressed this year? He has consistently regressed since his eye injury. Yes he's had some stretches of good/great play since then, but as a whole he's gotten worse as the years have gone on when he should be getting better or at least the same

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
Regressed this year? He has consistently regressed since his eye injury. Yes he's had some stretches of good/great play since then, but as a whole he's gotten worse as the years have gone on when he should be getting better or at least the same

I think he has stayed the same. He is a guy who needs a strong veteran partner. When ever he has stunk badly, he has been paired with someone other than Kimmo Timonen. That's why there is no reason to keep him. The Flyers need veterans to provide a stable partner for young prospects not a 30 year old who still needs that veteran partner.

Funf

Sep 17, 2013
Philadelphia
if we had a better PK and coaching we would be a playoff team.

But coaching this year, our current PK and no kimmo has created the scenario we are in which is a bottom 10 team.

Yeah, the coaching situation is stressing me out. Every time I saw #40 hit the ice last night I think I could feel my blood pressure rise. Then he goes and tries him with the Couturier line, and the Giroux line, pushing Jake to LW, which puts me at a loss for words.

Then we have PP2. I don't understand it at all; they looked like they were clicking a few weeks ago after they moved Couts to the left side, and put Laughton on the right wall. Not only did he destroy that (again with #40), he uses MacDonald and Schultz over MDZ at the point.

I don't even care whether we win or lose at this point. I've resigned myself to the fact that they're going to miss the playoffs. I'm just watching at this point to see Giroux, Voracek, Mason, but especially Laughton and Couturier. They're the pieces that they have to build around if they want to contend and it's vital that they develop properly.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Right now, like it or not, #40 is the best goal scorer on the team, and hope that continues so they have a chance to move him. He had a great shot for a goal, hopefully some contender sees that and thinks he could pump them in with the right wingers.

The defensemen suck, but Berube is an idiot for playing them, like he has alternatives? MDZ got benched because he was a mind fart waiting to happen, like he was on the two previous teams that dumped him, L Schenn got benched because, well, he's a younger, less responsible version of Grossman. I'd be taking offers on any of them, including Streit, I suspect none will be on this roster in three years in any case.

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
Right now, like it or not, #40 is the best goal scorer on the team, and hope that continues so they have a chance to move him. He had a great shot for a goal, hopefully some contender sees that and thinks he could pump them in with the right wingers.

The defensemen suck, but Berube is an idiot for playing them, like he has alternatives? MDZ got benched because he was a mind fart waiting to happen, like he was on the two previous teams that dumped him, L Schenn got benched because, well, he's a younger, less responsible version of Grossman. I'd be taking offers on any of them, including Streit, I suspect none will be on this roster in three years in any case.

wait wait wait ...

are you saying you like Grossmann over MDZ or L. Schenn ???

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad