GDT: #37 | FLYERS (A) vs. Bruins (H) | Monday, Apr. 5, 2021 | 7:00 pm ET | NHLN, NESNplus, NBCSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
This is going to be bad. The bruins are going to wipe the floor with this scrub team, just like in the beginning of the season.
back when we didn't have a full roster they killed us.

they still are going to kill us lmao. We probably had a better chance back then lol

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
One solid RHD solidifies our defensive rotation, with the top four set, we're looking at York, Braun, Morin and maybe Ghost as the 3rd pair. That's a top flight defense. Sanheim and Myers may have struggled at times this year, but the talent is obvious, D-men have ups and downs early in their careers.

The forward group is deep and getting deeper, even if they lose Laughton, Raffl and one of JVR/Voracek:

G - Couts - TK
Lindblom - Hayes - Farabee
JVR - Frost - Patrick
Wisdom - Laczynski - NAK

that's not a bad front 12, or replace Wisdom with Allison and move Farabee to LW. Or Foerster. Or Willman, if you want more speed.

Upgrade Elliott with a better veteran goalie, bring Ersson over to LHV and you have real depth at goalie.
ya i think this team just needs a massive reset in the summer with practise, preparation, and hopefully some new system/structure from AV. A top 4 d would help braun settle into a lesser role, help stabilize the defense, help the pk, etc. Im with deadhead on this. Allison can help the depth too but i think we might be stuck with jvr and voracek. Laughton I think is gone to seattle

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
ya i think this team just needs a massive reset in the summer with practise, preparation, and hopefully some new system/structure from AV. A top 4 d would help braun settle into a lesser role, help stabilize the defense, help the pk, etc. Im with deadhead on this. Allison can help the depth too but i think we might be stuck with jvr and voracek. Laughton I think is gone to seattle

same as it ever was..

#bankit...

Reactions: flyerslducks

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

Another reason we should trade Laughton. Forces Seattle to take a different player from us.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
Another reason we should trade Laughton. Forces Seattle to take a different player from us.
if laughton is gone, then i realistically see them taking hagg. No one else really unless they really want to take on salary. I feel like we will protect jvr instead of voracek given the season but idk. Seattle can pick up other 4-5 million contracts instead of an 8million one from voracek to meet the cap.

I would not lose a day of sleep if we lost laughton and hagg

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
if laughton is gone, then i realistically see them taking hagg. No one else really unless they really want to take on salary. I feel like we will protect jvr instead of voracek given the season but idk. Seattle can pick up other 4-5 million contracts instead of an 8million one from voracek to meet the cap.

I would not lose a day of sleep if we lost laughton and hagg

Hagg? Are you high? Lol

Even if they wanted to pick a cheap player from us, they'd surely go with Aube-Kubel over Hagg.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
I want a top 40 pick at least. Others will tell you two 2nds or 2nd + B prospect.
1st rounder isn’t out of the question. I just can’t see a team doing it. I’d assume something along the lines of either a 2nd + 4th or some RHD overvalued vet that has intangibles.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Unless its a false positive and Halak can be back and play tomorrow Swayman would start, probably our top prospect but this is his first pro year and he hasnt played in NHL yet.
What is a Bruins fan doing in the Flyers gdt?

giphy.gif

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Unless its a false positive and Halak can be back and play tomorrow Swayman would start, probably our top prospect but this is his first pro year and he hasnt played in NHL yet.
Could go a long way because the Bruins put this playoff race away if they win any one of the three games this week

mr4tno

Oct 13, 2017
For years the cry was "play the prospects, don't block them with mediocre veterans."

They play the prospects. "They suck!"

Yeah, what do you think happens when you play a lot of young players? They make mistakes. Live with it.
I'm willing to live with it. Tired of bringing on veterans who don't move the needle

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
For years the cry was "play the prospects, don't block them with mediocre veterans."

They play the prospects. "They suck!"

Yeah, what do you think happens when you play a lot of young players? They make mistakes. Live with it.

What's that have anything to do with the current situation or the current discussion?

Not sure why you're bringing up irrelevant talking points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad