GDT: #37| Apr. 4, 2013| Flyers at Maple Leafs| 7:00 p.m. ET

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey
Watched the replay of the 4th goal, saw no issues. Hall was outside the crease and was avoiding Reimer. The end of Reimer's stick entered Hall's skating path/space, which was outside the crease. Incidental contact for sure...does that warrant a waved off goal? Far, faaar from a penalty though.

MayonnaiseOreo

I Hate the Flyers
Apr 8, 2012
A Glass of Milk
I have a few bottles that were my grandpops from the 70s and 80s. A couple unopened. I have a 1980 bottle of black label that's unopened, and a glenfiddich from 1977 as well. Some others that have been opened too.

Yeah, it was smooth as hell and delicious. Something I'll have to invest in sometime in the future.

ChumpyG

Jibbity jibbity
Feb 13, 2007
Portland, OR
Is that the one where they claim someone grabbed the knob of Reimer's stick and spun him around like a top?

If so, I sure as hell didn't notice that during the game. I'd need to look for it in a replay.

He did NOT grab Reimer's stick. Although, it seemed as though the Leafs announcers were convinced that if they kept saying that, it would become true.

Roo Mad Bro

U havin a giggle m8?
Dec 6, 2010
PA
Scott_Tenorman_tears_South_Park.jpg

Leafs fans' tears are delicious.

So funny. Their fanbase is hilarious.

Scott_Tenorman_tears_South_Park.jpg

Yukon Cornelius*

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

(You said it Nature Boy) Great game to have gone to, lots of thoughts but don't want to be on the computer right now.

orangecrush8

May 21, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
Pretty proud of the Flyers fans showing at this game.

B Schenn and Couturier both had great games, was good to see. Hopefully they can both get back on track offensively.

peacepipe

Mar 7, 2006
Philadelphia,PA
Lol so it is acceptable to grab the knob of a goalies stick, hold it, and proceed to spin him around if he's at the edge of his crease? You can't deny that there was goalie interference on that play.

As for the hit, it was unfortunate, but I doubt Rosehill gets any games.

Reimer was making awkward saves all night I don't see how something pushing your stick can move you that far around

TheLegendkiller

Sep 2, 2009
I like how the Flyers are giving no ****s right now. Just going through teams and players. And the last 2 games we've faced teams where the fanbases like to pride themselves on being "tougher" and yet the Flyers have been like "Nah son, we're not impressed." And then their fanbases ***** about it after the game. I'm sorry your supposed "tough" team got roughed up physically and on the scoreboard.

Ryker

Oct 3, 2008
Triangle, NC, USA
I remember the first BOS - PHI game this year, with Jack Edwards and his wingman talking about how we lacked swagger. Well, I think we have it now.

OzFlyers

Registered Boozer
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
How did Kadri get third star?? :huh:

Skaters G A Pts +/- PIM S BS Hits FW FL FO%
Nazem Kadri 0 0 0 -1 0 2 1 1 4 8 .333

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I like how the Flyers are giving no ****s right now. Just going through teams and players. And the last 2 games we've faced teams where the fanbases like to pride themselves on being "tougher" and yet the Flyers have been like "Nah son, we're not impressed." And then their fanbases ***** about it after the game. I'm sorry your supposed "tough" team got roughed up physically and on the scoreboard.

Yea this team is badass right now since briere fell into the boards on accident

nevermore

Cap space since 2005
Oct 25, 2007
How did Kadri get third star?? :huh:

Skaters G A Pts +/- PIM S BS Hits FW FL FO%
Nazem Kadri 0 0 0 -1 0 2 1 1 4 8 .333
I didn't show up on the score board, but I thought he was the best Leaf by a good margin.

ahthorne

Feb 23, 2013
Vancouver
I remember last season when there were a lot of blueline injuries and the team had Bourdon, Marshall and other AHL defenders in the lineup and they were doing really well. This reminds me of the same situation.

It seems like this team got tired of excuses and everybody is stepping up. I thought the Hartnell-Schenn-Simmonds line has been beast and Gustafsson and L. Schenn have been fantastic on the blueline. The bottom-6 have really stepped up too with the loss of Talbot. Couturier has looked excellent even while playing with grinders and enforcers. Lauridsen, Huskins and Gervais have not looked terrible either. Not sure how this defense is keeping it together...

LarsEller

Jul 31, 2011
Copenhagen
Hey guys. How have lauridsen played so far? Sorry if you already discussed it. Didn't have time to go through the whole thread. Congrats on the win

StandingCow

May 15, 2010
Hey guys. How have lauridsen played so far? Sorry if you already discussed it. Didn't have time to go through the whole thread. Congrats on the win

Not bad... he has had challenges that you expect of a rookie getting used to the NHL... sometimes he gets a little out of position and is forced into taking hooking penalties... but that is just part of a learning process.

I know we all hate +/- but so far he is a +2... and we aren't all screaming at him and wanting to ship him out... so I would say he is doing quite well. :)

dawkins121

Jul 7, 2007
Philadelphia
Wow are leafs fans ever mad about this. I guess no playoffs for that long takes a toll on them.

Haha yeah I poked through their GDT, pretty incredible. They got a chance to play a defense lead by Luke Schenn and Ken Hustkins... but the reason they lost is because of a "missed" goalie interference call on one of the four goals scored against them. I guess 3-3 is a win for the home team now.

Krishna

Jun 15, 2010
New Jersey

He has been a little better than I expected. He's still having the footspeed problems when there's a faster opponent coming at him and ends up taking bad penalties when he's out of position, but I'd give him a solid B

BleedOrange

BuildThroughTheDraft
Aug 14, 2005
Oshawa Ontario
Luke Schenn has been a beast for the team with all the injuries to the D another 25 mins in ice time last night and it was nice to see him get the empty netter to seal the game.:handclap::handclap:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad