GDT: #36 | Hurricanes at FLYERS | Tuesday, Jan. 11, 2022 | POSTPONED

Bruckuss

FML & FCF
Apr 1, 2012
Not Toronto
Its definitely Yandle. Why would they do this now and not the last two games?? SJ i maybe get but I dont buy the espn argument for the pens.

The teams gonna lose their 1st round pick when they get caught circumventing covid protocol to protect this stupid streak.

The teams likely to loose that 1st when chuck goes panic buy mode to save his job

Reactions: Fasu

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
I doubt anyone in the organization gives a flying f--- about the streak, and would welcome Yandle being out for a week to end it so they can move on.

If that would be true. How you explained he plays every game. And mostly on PP1? There is no other explanation other than they value what he brings! PLS defend that! PLS!

Reactions: Canfly

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
All information indicates you can spread Omicron while asymptomatic. Even if vaccinated. It's incredibly contagious.
I understand that. But the fact that Carter Hart was legitimately sick with the "normal" flu, yet permitted to be around the team (and play if he wanted to), and then subsequently tested positive for Covid with no symptoms, but was forced by the league into quarantine and missing games and practices, tells you all you need to know about the madness of the league's policies. It was right for Hart to call it "a joke."

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I understand that. But the fact that Carter Hart was legitimately sick with the "normal" flu, yet permitted to be around the team (and play if he wanted to), and then subsequently tested positive for Covid with no symptoms, but was forced by the league into quarantine and missing games and practices, tells you all you need to know about the madness of the league's policies. It was right for Hart to call it "a joke."

This is stupid. This is nothing at all like the flu. It's been 3 years now, learn something.

COVID is not the same as the flu or the cold. They aren't comparable. The flu does not require the same level of precaution as COVID. They do not need to be treated equally. This information will somehow be a shock to you: all diseases are not identical.

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

OK, maybe the issue isn't Yandle, but Risto.

Edit: Also, JEEZUS that looks like a bad preseason lineup.

Also also Pat Brown's out for a month. And nothing of value was lost.

Last edited:

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
This is stupid. This is nothing at all like the flu. It's been 3 years now, learn something.

COVID is not the same as the flu or the cold. They aren't comparable. The flu does not require the same level of precaution as COVID. They do not need to be treated equally. This information will somehow be a shock to you: all diseases are not identical.
And do you think asymptomatic Omicron is identical to Delta and/or original COVID-19?

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
And do you think asymptomatic Omicron is identical to Delta and/or original COVID-19?

It is not. Because asymptomatic Omicron is still contagious. It's still contagious, and still dangerous with threat of long term effects; the flu doesn't carry that risk. Hence the need for caution. I'd rather isolate Hart for some games in a season Fletcher ruined before August than risk the future competency of multi-million dollar assets with guaranteed contracts in a capped league.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Pens were a national game. No explanation whatsoever for the Sharks game.

Hard to reschedule another trip from SJ to Philly later in the season.

It's good for guys like Sanheim and G to get extra practices in before they play another game, so it's good today's game is postponed.

Reactions: renberg

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Hard to reschedule another trip from SJ to Philly later in the season.

The thing with that game is that the Sharks have an East Coast swing from 1/26-2/1, the Flyers have a game in NY on 1/25 and then are home through 2/1, and then we go into the freeze, which was going to be used to allow teams to clean up missed games. The Sharks could have flown up to Philly after their 2/1 game in Tampa, and while the Sixers are playing in Philly on 2/2, the WFC is dark on 2/3 and 2/4. The Flyers and Sharks could have played on either of those days without interfering with anything. (Also, 1/28 is open for both teams and the arena, though the Sharks would then have to book it to Florida for a game on 1/29.)

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
They were already here and ready to play, though. And both teams were depleted. I can't say I'm mad in any way the Sharks game took place on Saturday.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Frost the extra with Willman, Mayhew, Bunnaman, Cates, and MacEwen in the lineup :laugh:

This organization is swirling around the drain. Meanwhile, Keith Yandle laces up his skates for another game. Because this team is about pride and success and integrity. "If you can't do things our way, you're not getting time here. And we don't care who you are." I just tasted my lunch again.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00