GDT: #36 | Hurricanes at FLYERS | Tuesday, Jan. 11, 2022 | POSTPONED

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
CAROLINA HURRICANES (24-7-2) vs. PHILADELPHIA FLYERS (13-15-7)
oLl6nwg.jpg
th

Flyers_at_Hurricanes_03-17-1810.jpg

tumblr_p9io7dzhMv1x7dx22o3_500.gif

BROADCAST INFORMATION

TEAMS' WEBSITES
GAME PREVIEW, NOTES and STATISTICS
TEAMS' STATISTICS
Team GPRecordPts HomeAwayGFGAPP%PK%FO%
Hurricanes3324-7-25011-3-113-4-11157324.090.055.1
Flyers 3513-15-7336-7-37-8-49011616.279.853.7
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

PHILADELPHIA FLYERS

images
Possible Lineup
Lines

86 Joel Farabee -21 Scott Laughton/28 Claude Giroux - 89 Cam Atkinson
71 Max Willman
-
13 Kevin Hayes
-
25 James van Riemsdyk
23 Oskar Lindblom - 21 Scott Laughton/48 Morgan Frost - 11 Travis Konecny
82 Connor Bunnaman -- 59 Jackson Cates
-
17 Zack MacEwen
Pairings
9 Ivan Provorov - 24 Nick Seeler
6 Travis Sanheim - 70 Rasmus Ristolainen

3 Keith Yandle - 8 Kevin Connauton
Goalies
79 Carter Hart
35 Martin Jones
Power Play Units
PP1: James van Riemsdyk, Claude Giroux, Cam Atkinson, Travis Konecny, Keith Yandle
PP2: Zac MacEwen, Joel Farabee, Morgan Frost, Kevin Hayes, Cam York
Injuries and Scratches
6 Travis Sanheim was placed on COVID Protocol List (Jan 5). He is expected to return for this game.
9 Ivan Provorov was placed on COVID Protocol List (Jan.4). He could return for this game depending on results of testing.
11 Travis Konecny was placed on COVID Protocol List (Jan.5). He could return for this game depending on results of testing.

14 Sean Couturier was placed on IR due to an upper body injury and is considered week-to-week (Dec. 30; retroactive to Dec. 19).
19 Derick Brassard has "a lingering injury" and is out indefinitely (Jan. 7).
20 Gerry Mayhew could be a healthy scratch.
28 Claude Giroux was placed on COVID Protocol List (Jan. 4). He could return for this game depending on results of testing.
38 Patrick Brown has a lower body injury and is day-to-day (Jan. 10).

44 Nate Thompson suffered a shoulder injury (Nov. 26), had surgery (Nov. 30) and was placed on IR (Dec. 8).
45 Cam York could be removed from the active list depending on availability of others.

55 Sam Morin is on IR due to right knee surgery (Sept.10) and was initially expected out 6-to-8 weeks. He has skated but not practiced and is considered week-to-week (Nov. 27).
61 Justin Braun is on COVID Protocol List (Jan. 10).

94 Ryan Ellis was re-injured Nov. 13 and placed on IR (Nov. 16). Speculation has been a hip/groin injury. He will be out 4-to-6 weeks but not require surgery (Nov. 18). He had an MRI (Dec. 14) with results deemed "promising" by Mike Yeo. He is considered week-to-week with a possible return in January (Dec. 20). He is not progressing as well as hoped (Jan. 3).

CAROLINA HURRICANES
th
Possible Lineup
Lines
21 Nino Neiderreiter - 20 Sebastian Aho - 86 Teuvo Teravainen
37 Andrei Svechnikov - 16 Vincent Trocheck - - 71 Jesper Fast
82 Jesperi Kotkaniemi - 11 Jordan Staal -
88 Martin Necas
78 Steven Lorentz - 18 Derek Stepan - 24 Seth Jarvis
Pairings
74 Jaccob Slavin - 77 Tony DeAngelo
76 Brady Skjei - 22 Brett Pesce
28 Ian Cole - 25 Ethan Bear
Goalies
31 Frederick Andersen
34 Alex Lyon
Power Plays
PP1: Teuvo Teravainen - Vincent Trocheck - Sebastian Aho - Martin Necas - Tony DeAngelo
PP2: Nino Neiderreiter - Jesperi Kotkaniemi - Seth Jarvis - Andrei Svechnikov - Jaccob Slavin
Injuries and Scratches
7 Brendan Smith is on COVID Protocol and is day-to-day (Dec. 19).
32 Antti Raanta is day-to-day with an upper body injury and his availability is unknown (Jan. 7).
48 Jordan Martinook is day-to-day with an ankle injury (Dec. 1).
51 Jake Gardiner had hip and back surgery and is on LTIR (Sep. 5).

FROM THE PAST

Flyers 4 Hurricanes 2 -- January 23, 2010

GAME DAY THREAD MUSIC

"Dead End Job" by The Police

FLYERS' UPCOMING SCHEDULE (subject to changes)
DATEOPPONENTTIME (ET)TELEVISION
Thursday, January 13Philadelphia at Boston7:00 pmESPN, SNE, SNO, TVAS
Saturday, January 15NY Rangers at Philadelphia7:00 pmNBCSP, MSG+
Monday, January 17Philadelphia at NY Islanders7:00 pmTVAS, MSG+, NBCSP
Tuesday, January 18NY Islanders at Philadelphia7:00 pmESPN+, HULU,
Thursday, January 20Columbus at Philadelphia7:00 pmNBCSP, BSOH
Saturday, January 22Philadelphia at Buffalo1:00 pmNHLN, MSG-B, NBCSP
Monday, January 24Dallas at Philadelphia7:00 pmNBCSP, BSSW
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Last edited:

Ironworker

Dec 2, 2021
Ya know I read the pregame info amd something really caught my attention. The Ryan Ellis injury. What a horrible decision to even get that guy. I mean it's so frustrating to me. The guy will be on and off the IR all year and likely his tenure here. Understatment but they need to make better choices moving forward, like when they move Giroux especially. If they get rid of him, a guy that really is a great Flyer they better make it worth it.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Ya know I read the pregame info amd something really caught my attention. The Ryan Ellis injury. What a horrible decision to even get that guy. I mean it's so frustrating to me. The guy will be on and off the IR all year and likely his tenure here. Understatment but they need to make better choices moving forward, like when they move Giroux especially. If they get rid of him, a guy that really is a great Flyer they better make it worth it.

Sometimes it's just bad luck. Ellis has been injured, but they've been unrelated, an ACL five years ago, a severe concussion, a broke knuckle. Crap happens.
They got a 1st pair D-man signed to a below market contract, good luck finding these guys.
They needed a veteran D-man to anchor the group, I do that deal again in a heartbeat.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013

Any player you get can suffer an injury at any time. Ellis's injury isn't related to anything he had before. His most recent LBI before this one was to his knee, and it happened in 2017.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Any player you get can suffer an injury at any time. Ellis's injury isn't related to anything he had before. His most recent LBI before this one was to his knee, and it happened in 2017.

It's certainly possible that the prior knee injury did lead to whatever LBI he is dealing with now. We don't know for sure though. A knee injury can lead to hip injuries due to overcompensating for example.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
It's certainly possible that the prior knee injury did lead to whatever LBI he is dealing with now. We don't know for sure though. A knee injury can lead to hip injuries due to overcompensating for example.

The knee injury was five years ago and he had no issues with it or hips or other related problems since. An ACL increases the likelihood of arthritis in the knee, but that's usually a post-career issue.

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013

That's why in the Ellis trade thread everyone was saying, damn, bad trade, Chuck. The knee surgery he had four years ago is going to cause a hip injury.

orangey

perpetual mediocrity
Aug 9, 2008
Internet
Probably find out soon as there isn't much reason to for him to hold off on the (likely) surgery now with the season tanked.

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
JvR was absent today as he was with his wife who gave birth to a boy.

With COVID preventing Giroux, Konecny, Provorov and Braun (he is definitely out) from participating, the lines and pairings will have to wait until Tuesday (tomorrow).

Last edited:

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
JvR was absent today as he was with his wife who had a child.

With COVID preventing Giroux, Konecny, Provorov and Braun (he is definitely out) from participating, the lines and pairings will have to wait until Tuesday (tomorrow).

Drama and more Drama......

Wagner could have made a great music drama/opera out of the fate and the will of the Flyers

Autobahn zur Hölle

But AC/DC did a good with it:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad