Post-Game Talk: #36| FLYERS at Coyotes | Mon., Dec. 29, 2014

Nizzle

no hope, no future, no second chance
May 13, 2009
At least the last 8 minutes or so were somewhat exciting

pacehimself

Oct 5, 2008
Now that the excitement is over I'll ask again...anyone know if there are any good prospects coming out of the draft besides mcdavid and eichel? Im trying to find a silver lining to the season since we aren't gonna makes the playoffs but we aren't gonna get either one of those guys

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Another game where if the PKing was even average they likely come away with at least 1 point.

Just laughable they have done nothing about it... even when it is not conceding it is giving up great looks.

Also a game where the leading NHL scoring pair get less than 35 minutes combined.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Odds of being here next year
vinny 100%
RJ 100%
Grossmann 100%
Berube 50%.
Coburn 90%
Luke 100%
Rinaldo 100%

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
****in Berube. If you play Giroux and Voracek an appropriate amount of time from the beginning of the game you probably won't need to play them for the last 4 minutes straight. He's saving them to use them in a situation that he's creating himself.

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
Every time this team takes a step forward, they take two giant steps back.

I don't buy the "they arent talented enough!" argument for a second. It all comes down to effort and mental toughness, and this team just does not bring it consistently enough...and hasnt for years now. I dont know if its the players, the coach, the GM, Snider, or whatever...but they need to figure it out. McDavid or Eichel would probably come in and be just as lethargic as the rest of the bunch.

Just a typical putrid effort tonight. Giroux had one of his worst games of the season.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Vinny the best flyer on the ice tonight, sad. Well Coots maybe #1, Vinny #2

Vinny wasn't grinding down a very good defensive unit. I thought Giroux and Voracek looked decent considering who they were matched against.

Raffl was struggling mightily though; he always looks most out of place on the top line against good defensive teams. That's where it would be really nice if the top line had a player that could do more than be a straight finisher.

MadFerIt95*

This had to be Voracek's worst game of the season by far. Hes been great all year though so Ill find it in my heart to forgive him.

BringBackHakstol

Oct 25, 2005
Philadelphia
Every time this team takes a step forward, they take two giant steps back.

I don't buy the "they arent talented enough!" argument for a second. It all comes down to effort and mental toughness, and this team just does not bring it consistently enough...and hasnt for years now. I dont know if its the players, the coach, the GM, Snider, or whatever...but they need to figure it out. McDavid or Eichel would probably come in and be just as lethargic as the rest of the bunch.

Just a typical putrid effort tonight. Giroux had one of his worst games of the season.

The team is clearly trying

They have pure garbage on D 5 of which have zero offensive ability

Also a coach that can't get out of his own way

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad