GDT: #36 – Sabres at Bruins – Sat Dec 31, 1:00PM ET – MSG-B

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
So you have a source that says Jack desperately wants tim to do something.

Does your source give any more details? Does Jack want a coach gone, different players? Anything else?

Look man, I'm just saying jack is pissed. And FYI, although I am just a fan, I may actually have a gig that interacts with hockey people from tine to time.

Jack is not happy. Jack wants a different outcome. There, that is reported

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
My apologies. I have a friend, lets call it that.
But regardless, he is very unhappy.

Missed today's debacle but was pretty sure it would go in this direction.

VERY GLAD to hear that Jack came unglued! He's what 19 (20?) but has a passion to win. Forget about the maturity aspect of this. Raw emotion is better right now. And those who criticize him for not showing up hisself enough need to remember how much worse the Sabres are with him out of the line up and how many games he's missed this season due to injury. He is right to be pissed off and I won't criticize him for showing it.

I'll take that kind of hate to lose attitude anytime - even on my midget team - over the complacency that I see from the Sabres (and even my midget team from time to time).

If Jack wants to suit up for the Littleton Hawks, I guarrentee he'll not miss another power play!:laugh:

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
Look man, I'm just saying jack is pissed. And FYI, although I am just a fan, I may actually have a gig that interacts with hockey people from tine to time.

Jack is not happy. Jack wants a different outcome. There, that is reported

You're misreading me, I believe you. Is that all the detail they gave? Is there a way you can find out more?

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Missed today's debacle but was pretty sure it would go in this direction.

VERY GLAD to hear that Jack came unglued! He's what 19 (20?) but has a passion to win. Forget about the maturity aspect of this. Raw emotion is better right now. And those who criticize him for not showing up hisself enough need to remember how much worse the Sabres are with him out of the line up and how many games he's missed this season due to injury. He is right to be pissed off and I won't criticize him for showing it.

I'll take that kind of hate to lose attitude anytime - even on my midget team - over the complacency that I see from the Sabres (and even my midget team from time to time).

If Jack wants to suit up for the Littleton Hawks, I guarrentee he'll not miss another power play!:laugh:

Anyone want to crunch this? Obviously jack is great and all, but Bylsma sucks so bad that I'm curious what the numbers say.

GF per game with/without Jack
GA per game with/without Jack
Points % with/without Jack
SF/SA
Etc

We had those two high scoring games with jack when he first came back... in sure that will help that split. But otherwise...

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Anyone want to crunch this? Obviously jack is great and all, but Bylsma sucks so bad that I'm curious what the numbers say.

GF per game with/without Jack
GA per game with/without Jack
Points % with/without Jack
SF/SA
Etc

We had those two high scoring games with jack when he first came back... in sure that will help that split. But otherwise...

Real quick (and I make NO CLAIM to be an analytics kind of guy).....

Total Games Played by Buffalo - 36
Pre Eichel: 21 games - 38 goals for (approx 60% of total games played by Sabres to date)
With Eichel: 15 games - 40 goals for (approx 40% of total games played by Sabres to date)

Pre Eichel GF/GM - 1.80
With Eichel GF/GM - 2.66

I was FAMOUS when I was working for my "off by one" or "switched +/- signs" errors. :laugh:

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
You're misreading me, I believe you. Is that all the detail they gave? Is there a way you can find out more?

No. Its just based on media and local former NHL player is all. No one special.

But I have to take full consideration of what he says given his experience is all.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
I don't get how we constantly let ****** ass Bergeron score on us over and over again who has 7(2 in the last two against us) damn goals ALL SEASON. They get 2 more goals from nobodies that were at 10 or less points total its hard to feel good when we the only damn points came from the 3 youngest players on the team because the veterans can't seem to do anything.

Vito_81

Jul 23, 2006
Toronto
Good to see Jack getting mad. Show some passion.

The bigger question is how he plays next game. Does he take this team on his back? Does he himself play better? If not, we may be in trouble.

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
I don't get how we constantly let ****** ass Bergeron score on us over and over again who has 7(2 in the last two against us) damn goals ALL SEASON. They get 2 more goals from nobodies that were at 10 or less points total its hard to feel good when we the only damn points came from the 3 youngest players on the team because the veterans can't seem to do anything.
It's like they keep that ****** ass Bergeron around just so he can score on us or something. Now that our season series is done, he's probably on the first train to Providence.

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
It's like they keep that ****** ass Bergeron around just so he can score on us or something. Now that our season series is done, he's probably on the first train to Providence.

Oh I'd give up Franson for him. You know for some veteran leadership and perspective. He's a real bum otherwise.

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
Oh I'd give up Franson for him. You know for some veteran leadership and perspective. He's a real bum otherwise.
He'd have to waive his NMC first, but Buffalo's probably a step up from the AHL. We have a nice locker room and all, so I imagine he'd consider it.

Maybe they could throw in a draft pick or retain some of his $6,875,000 cap hit.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY

The point is that he has 3 of his 7 goals this season against us its really irritating when supposed "struggling" or old guys(Jagr) still have so much success against the Sabres when they aren't doing nearly as well against other even worse teams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad