Post-Game Talk: #35: FLYERS 3 at Rangers 2 (SO), Sunday, Dec. 23, 2018, 7:00 pm ET

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I love collecting cards and I'm increeeeeedibly wary of buying any box that costs over $100 in general. Especially $500+ per box stuff like The Cup, which is where the patch autograph card on the bottom left comes from :laugh:

Exactly. It's really not even worth busting wax anymore unless you don't care what you get out of it.

I buy singles when I want something now, even new. I miss opening, but I'm not flushing thousands away for a few minutes of fun.

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
giphy.gif

Damn, so smooth

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I didn't get to see this one, but with the extended Colby hate, I can only assume he pointed out a Sanheim mistake.

Outlaw Samurai

FROST WARNING in effect
Jun 24, 2018
Ottawa
@Captain Dave Poulin

I like that you're cooking (dumping) up (out) some Colby the turd gifs as only you can :bow:

My Christmas wish though, Santa Dave, is a Farmer-less Flyers team. So please concoct some AMac-get-the-f***-out gifs to bring an end to his permanent skid mark on our beloved Flyers.

Nothing too dark, just him devoured by demons or launched into the sun or drilled into the earth's fiery core..etc

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Roller coaster Dave. It’s amazing he was brought in as a defense first coach. How embarrassing for him. Well at least he made millions off of it.

Not just defense-first, but as a developer of NHL talent who constantly went to vaunted NHL future prospects like Valterri Filpulla, Chris Vandevlde, Pierre-Edouard Bellemare, Brandon Manning and Andrew MacDonald.

This guy was Chip Kelly Hockey Version. Came in with an expectation for one thing and then did exactly the opposite of what got him hired.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
That was my biggest issue with Hakstol. Schenn told the blues media he would get demoted and then promoted and not a single word would be said to him by the coach. For a guy who deals primarily with college kids, he didn’t know how to talk to young players? I get they are professionals but he should be able to talk to them still.

You can’t defend him or his coaching habits anymore. That ship has sailed and should be forgotten about. Bye bye Mr Hakstol. Forever.

Alex K

Apr 20, 2016
Earth
Just watched the game. Here's three thoughts:
1) F***ing separate Provy and TS, that was painful to watch!
2) Send Couturier back to the 3rd line and move up Patrick.
3) G is life! He's the hero we don't deserve, but the one we need right now!

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
That was my biggest issue with Hakstol. Schenn told the blues media he would get demoted and then promoted and not a single word would be said to him by the coach. For a guy who deals primarily with college kids, he didn’t know how to talk to young players? I get they are professionals but he should be able to talk to them still.

You can’t defend him or his coaching habits anymore. That ship has sailed and should be forgotten about. Bye bye Mr Hakstol. Forever.

The guy was a moron despite whatever the anti-hive mind wanted you to believe.

For a guy who is a college coach, he's clueless on how to develop players.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Not just defense-first, but as a developer of NHL talent who constantly went to vaunted NHL future prospects like Valterri Filpulla, Chris Vandevlde, Pierre-Edouard Bellemare, Brandon Manning and Andrew MacDonald.

This guy was Chip Kelly Hockey Version. Came in with an expectation for one thing and then did exactly the opposite of what got him hired.
Yup just horrible. It’s kind of insane he made it as long as he did.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014

Gotta put blame on Hextall. He acquired and/or re-signed all of those guys except AMac.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
Hextall got them to fill some gaps. Hakstol is the one who saw them as core contributors.
I always said that some of Hakstol’s personnel decisions baffled me. But are you saying Hextall didn’t acquire Filppula to play as a 2C? Sign PEB & VV to play on the 4th line & kill penalties (which is how they were used)?

Qyburn

Apr 2, 2012
Allentown
I always said that some of Hakstol’s personnel decisions baffled me. But are you saying Hextall didn’t acquire Filppula to play as a 2C? Sign PEB & VV to play on the 4th line & kill penalties (which is how they were used)?
Moves are always going to be a gamble. He might have had the old change of scenery benefit. He had a promising start to his career, and while TB fans had completely turned on him by the very end, we all knew Streit was less than worthless anyway.

Were there some rumors about favors and scratching backs with TB around that time? I forget but it rings a bell.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
I would like to appeal to Colby's authority, he has played 3 games in the NHL and I have none

Edit - just to make sure, I am NOT saying anyone on here is doing that..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad