Post-Game Talk: #34 | Red Wings 3 at FLYERS 4 | Wed., Dec. 20, 2017, 8:00 pm ET

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I actually had a chance to attend tonight's game! I was visiting a relative who lives in New Jersey, so she purchased the tickets for me as an early Christmas gift. I had a ball! Philadelphia ROCKS! WOO!
I need to take more trips to visit this wonderful city, with the best fans!

That is awesome! Glad you enjoyed the game and your visit to the city.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Justice for Cricket
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
They allowed four shots in the third period.

well by the looks of it they put the screws down on a tired hockey club.
good bounce back win after a tough night against LA.
congrats to Hagg on his first NHL goal and Couturier achieving his career high in goals before Christmas.
The Captain with 3 apples. My fantasy keeper league team approves

EDIT: I am not going to try and defend it and Patrick seems ok with it, but arent they trying to manage his minutes coming off the injury? granted 10 minutes isnt much but if they are looking to manage his minutes until he gets his legs underneath him I am not to concerned about it the minutes Patrick is getting. maybe 13-15 would be more reasonable but they really should be managing his minutes honestly.
TK on the other hand is another matter

Reactions: Rebels57

Foggy14

Sep 13, 2017
Imagine Provy with a partner
who can actually play defense,

Who will really hold the blue line
and won't make plays like this,

giphy.gif

Imagine all the people saying, Provy's partner can really play,
A hah aahh.

giphy.gif

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Patrick stinks right now. He's not even an NHL player. He's leaning over because he's weak on his skates. He has zero speed. He sees the game well, except he's a step behind. He's got talent and will improve. I assume next season, though. Right now teams own him. But he's learning, and the Flyers aren't going anywhere. So if it gives him a step ahead next season, great.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Rebs, btw, that was my point. They misjudged Lindblom. And I did, too. That said, it's not critical.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
.......weird game to criticize Patrick after. That 3rd period he had some of his absolute best shifts all year at 5v5 imo. He was forcefully making plays and getting involved, which has been an issue all year: staying to the background, playing it safe. Took the bull by the horns to create some plays off the rush and in the zone. That's something I'd love to see him build off of.

Too bad he doesn't have a better play-driving linemate who can actually contribute. But of course Dale Weise is still leached onto his ass, which helps no one. Don't care about your shit goal, Dale. Side note: is there such a thing as a horse leech? It appears so (the definition of horseleech)! Counting the days until that horse leech gets ripped off and squished for Lindblom.

To the above comment that says Patrick has no burst? The last five games or so he’s looked much better skating wise

I find he's a weird skater and it can be difficult to reach consensus on his actual skating ability. If we can ignore his stamina -- which has been hard to ignore and a likely key contributor to his skating woes -- I've always thought he had a sneaky burst when fresh. But it comes and goes as well. Bigger problem for me was always he'd top out too quickly in stride.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I feel bad for Jim Jackson. All he asked from Santa this year (aka Coatesy dressed as Santa) was to get to call Robert Hagg's first goal, and then Santa went and f***ed him over like that. We still have 2 games before Christmas. Always a chance for JJ to get to call Hagg's first hatty!

Reactions: Rebels57

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
Hagg had a tremendous game. He was totally solid in all three areas of the ice tonight.

But haters gonna hate.

I really dislike amac on the roster. But outside of that one play he played really well. Flyers were fighting the puck all night long though. Thank god for Coots

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
To the above comment that says Patrick has no burst? The last five games or so he’s looked much better skating wise. Great game by him tonight in the limited time he played. Getting stronger on the draw too

He had core muscle surgery this summer while Giroux and Ghost had hip surgery in 2016, and look at Giroux's skating burst this year versus last year.

Last edited:

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Yeah we all pray Patrick has that kind of bounceback next year because this year, we are just not getting the benefits of a #2 overall pick.

Now everyone knows what Sixers fans felt like after drafting

Noel - missed entire rookie season
Embiid - missed entire rookie season
Simmons - missed entire rookie season
Fultz - hasn't played yet in his rookie season

Reactions: klutch and Tripod

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Imagine Provy with a partner
who can actually play defense,

Who will really hold the blue line
and won't make plays like this,

giphy.gif

Imagine all the people saying, Provy's partner can really play,
A hah aahh.

giphy.gif

Last night was vintage MacDonald all over the ice.

Total tire fire out there. Provy bailed him out countless times and he still managed to cost us a goal after vacating the front of the net to chase the puck.

Reactions: Foggy14

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad