GDT: [#34] Calgary Flames @ Dallas Stars, 7:30pm CT [FS-SW]

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Benn-Seguin-Radulov back together already. At least for that offensive zone faceoff

hairylikebear

///////////////
Apr 30, 2009
Houston
Does anyone understand why Hanley was waived early? I understand waiving him once Klingberg is activated from IR and playing, but exposing him to the risk of getting claimed when you clearly need him for at least this game seems like an objective mistake.

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
Does anyone understand why Hanley was waived early? I understand waiving him once Klingberg is activated from IR and playing, but exposing him to the risk of getting claimed when you clearly need him for at least this game seems like an objective mistake.
Maybe others were waived around the league at the same time they thought might protect him from being claimed? No clue.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
LOL. Val bein Val.

Just missed another amazing chance omfg. If he lifted that 2nd one it's an easy goal

The first one I have no issue with. He made a good play and even get a one handed shot off that almost deflected past the goalie. I'll take him generating chances like that any day of the week.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland

Probably didn't want to do the waiver paperwork on a Hump Day and miss going for lunch at Chili's with all the staff

The Tourist

Jul 11, 2008
Val has looked good the last few games he's played but he just can't seem to finish. I bet once he gets one he will get a couple more within a couple weeks.

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
I get he gets hated on a lot, but what the heck did he do wrong there... lol

He can’t finish. He keeps trying that same bull rush. Has from the beginning. He’s not a man among boys anymore..that just won’t work in the NHL. Not for many, clearly not for him.

Develop a repertoire larger than one move..

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
He can’t finish. He keeps trying that same bull rush. Has from the beginning. He’s not a man among boys anymore..that just won’t work in the NHL. Not for many, clearly not for him.

Develop a repertoire larger than one move..

The kid turns the corner on one player, then outskates the defender, and is wearing him like a sweater and still manages to get a shot away.

What would you have him do? Stop after entering the zone and wait for help to come?

Edit: his second scoring chance is worthy of your “Val being Val comment though”.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
10 shots in the first period for us not even halfway through? Is this allowed?

hairylikebear

///////////////
Apr 30, 2009
Houston
Maybe others were waived around the league at the same time they thought might protect him from being claimed? No clue.
That'd be unusual mid-season but probably the most likely reason. Maybe there are more players waived right before the Christmas roster freeze. I dunno.

Probably didn't want to do the waiver paperwork on a Hump Day and miss going for lunch at Chili's with all the staff

This is also very likely.

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
The kid turns the corner on one player, then outskates the defender, and is wearing him like a sweater and still manages to get a shot away.

What would you have him do? Stop after entering the zone and wait for help to come?

Edit: his second scoring chance is worthy of your “Val being Val comment though”.
Omg and people say Razor makes excuses.

Dude. He has made that move down the wing a zillion times for no result other than, “ooohh so close.”
The first 20 times it was cool because you figure it will soon lead to goals. Now it’s damn near a meme.

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South

Oh, and what would I like? Something other than just skate to the net and let the puck trickle in on the goalie. If that’s pivot and wait for help or try to stick handle, it can’t get any less effective.

hairylikebear

///////////////
Apr 30, 2009
Houston
You know, seeing Lindell shoot a puck from the corner right through the crease makes me realize it's actually a mistake when Heiskanen does it.

Holy crap then he reminds me how good he is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad