Post-Game Talk: #33| Saturday, Dec 17, 2016| Flyers 1 at Stars 3

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Rewarding Lube with a benching while VDV doesn't miss a shift is UND bias at its worst. So ducking stupid.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Played a good 1st and 3rd... bad 2nd.

Was just not their night. Niemi made ~4 great saves despite being shaky. Refs did not help at all. Twice hit the goal-frame.

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
Haklogic: I can't sit the wonder twins for one shift, so I will double shift Voracek for a semblance of offense.

qalex

Feb 13, 2013
Newbie-ish question please: has anyone ever seen an empty net work? It's done so consistently that I assume it must sometimes, even though I've never seen it. When have you seen a team equalise that way in the last minutes, as opposed to giving up a further goal due to lack of goaltending, which I have seen many, many times?

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
The loss is my fault, I put my lucky Flyers jersey back in the closet I've had it out for the last 10 games but I put it away yesterday.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
They couldn't hit the broad side of a barn today. They made life easy on a pretty bad goalie.

He did make some really nice saves tbh... a few great pad saves and the save on Giroux from the slot stand out.

The D were firing crazy high and wide all game...

they attempted 21 shots between them... 7 on target. Though ofc 2 of Provorovs hit iron.

qalex

Feb 13, 2013

Can I ask when, if you can remember? It's one of those things I know must - the coaches aren't idiots - but I really want to actually see it happen. (Sorry, if this really is not the moment to ask for a tutorial in hockey 101. I'm just curious as to how often it pays off.)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad