GDT: #33| New York Islanders @ Phoenix Coyotes | December 12th | 9:00pm | F/L 6-3

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
I mentioned this once before, I think the only way Wang starts making moves is when Tavares starts demanding changes or a trade!!

He's not that type of player, he isn't going to demand things even though we all see the team they are surrounding him with isn't good.

Strome18

Oct 23, 2010
Florida
images1.jpg

images.jpg

images2.jpg

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
Had work and didn't watch the game. Caught Capuano's interview though, its about time he showed some frustration.

The D must have been atrocious for him to call them out like that.

Yes, it was awful from Ness standing watching Ribero score to Ness scoring in his own goal to Ness screwdriving himself into the ice on another goal. Ness sucks i guess :help:

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
I hate Peter, i mean i know he needs to be positive but why he is asking Poulin about how they fought back and scored three goals. Poulin had a wtf look on his face

mitchy22

Aug 19, 2002
Visit site
At what point does the lack of attention to detail, poor lines changes, ill-timed penalties, lapses in coverage, and wandering attention spans of our players have something to do with...ya' know, the coach?

:),
Mitch

Strome18

Oct 23, 2010
Florida
Forum is dead time to call it a night. People have gone to sleep hoping tomorrow, Cappy was just a nightmare.

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
At what point does the lack of attention to detail, poor lines changes, ill-timed penalties, lapses in coverage, and wandering attention spans of our players have something to do with...ya' know, the coach?

Hmm. My guess. Two more years.

Nova Scotia Islander

Sep 24, 2011
Halifax, Nova Scotia
So Boulton once again gets a point thats what 4 points in 8 games played. Is not a plus 4 rating. Cmac -2 tonight again . I dont understand Cappy we lose Cizikas and he shorts Boulton on shifts therefore making everyone else double shift. For god sake let him play until he screws up big time. He was the first islander to score a goal other then the first line for nine games. He was also the guy that scored that goal nine games ago.

Tavares2TheRescue

#JreeFroadwayBay
Feb 6, 2010
Champaign, IL/LI, NY
So Boulton once again gets a point thats what 4 points in 8 games played. Is not a plus 4 rating. Cmac -2 tonight again . I dont understand Cappy we lose Cizikas and he shorts Boulton on shifts therefore making everyone else double shift. For god sake let him play until he screws up big time. He was the first islander to score a goal other then the first line for nine games. He was also the guy that scored that goal nine games ago.

Let's not let a few good plays distract from the fact that Eric Boulton is Eric Boulton.

Nova Scotia Islander

Sep 24, 2011
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Let's not let a few good plays distract from the fact that Eric Boulton is Eric Boulton.

Well if everyone on the team had a few good plays then we would be winning wouldnt we. The guys stats are speaking for themselves. People may hate on him but he is producing more then some of the guys. He hasnt even logged 60 mins of ice this year and he has 4 points.

Last edited by a moderator:

Goombha

Raging Ryan
Aug 27, 2013
I was at the game in Phoenix last night. And at one point early on in the game my wife turns to me and says "who's #14, he's h-o-r-r-i-b-l-e", lol. I think I say that once every other post on this board.

If you think the Isles look bad on TV - wait 'till you have a full panoramic view of this circus. You have no idea how bad the defense really is. deHaan made a few mistakes, but for the most part, he's truly their best defenseman (frightening thought I know, sad but true). I honestly think deHaan will be a top-4 one day if he stays healthy, but right now, he's not much help.

The only way they will win a game with this roster going forward is with an unbelievable goalie performance (e.g. Sharks/~50). Unfortunately the W's will be few and far between.

I don't mind losing in the home team's building, but the Isles level of play is so SO embarassing, I just wanted to crawl under my seat and not come out until the lights went off.

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
I was at the game in Phoenix last night. And at one point early on in the game my wife turns to me and says "who's #14, he's h-o-r-r-i-b-l-e", lol. I think I say that once every other post on this board.

If you think the Isles look bad on TV - wait 'till you have a full panoramic view of this circus. You have no idea how bad the defense really is. deHaan made a few mistakes, but for the most part, he's truly their best defenseman (frightening thought I know, sad but true). I honestly think deHaan will be a top-4 one day if he stays healthy, but right now, he's not much help.

The only way they will win a game with this roster going forward is with an unbelievable goalie performance (e.g. Sharks/~50). Unfortunately the W's will be few and far between.

I don't mind losing in the home team's building, but the Isles level of play is so SO embarassing, I just wanted to crawl under my seat and not come out until the lights went off.
Not to say they that he is wonderful, but Hickey's decline from mediocrity coincides with his being asked to play RD when he is a LD.
This team's defense plays off their men way too much, they execute like minor junior A. They do not stand up at teh blueline, they just back in and allow easy entry because they all play about 3-4 stick lengths away from their man, and mainly the puck carrier. Breakouts are so easy when you have all that room to skate or find a passing lane. This is execution and should not have to be taught at this level.
The defense sucks in their own zone, and combined with allowing such easy entry, I'm surprised we are not giving up 8 goals a game, it is a turkey shoot in our end.

MDIsles

New Era
Oct 24, 2011
DE Beaches for now
Okay, I am gonna try and put a rational post together ignoring my Snow hatred and what not...

The season is FINISHED so this is what I would do:

1)Trade Vanek-he is not signing, not for a pick but for a stay at home dman if possible
2)Trade AMac, Grabs, and Bailey-If you can for pick(s)
3)Trade Nabby-If you can for pick
4)Trade one of your "solid core" (Okposo, Hamonic, 1 of (Pulock,Reinhart) for a solid young organizational controlled Goalie or Dman.
5)Release Regin and other garbage vets and bring up the kids at the Bridge.

Maybe I am off base but its my thoughts....

cjdv16

Nov 22, 2005
The Swamp
It's about that time of year, you guys.

Sorry, but how is he not fired from islander telecasts for that.

It would be like me telling my boss that I don't care about my job.

That'll make for good productivity from that person.

Anyway, this team sucks and de Haan's blunder just epitomized this season. Brutal.

cjdv16

Nov 22, 2005
The Swamp
I can predict next season already. Ready folks.

Snow loads up on Dmen (some competent) and a goaltender. We move/lose Vanek and don't replace him.

We suck next year and are one of the better defensive teams, but can't score goals.

Vicious cycle.

This is what happens when you only partially open the purse. Otherwise, you're waiting for a small miracle to occur.

How's that working out so far Wang ya ****ing deuche.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad