Post-Game Talk: #32: Red Wings 2 at FLYERS 3, Tuesday, Dec. 18, 2018, 7:00 pm ET

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Morin is easy to project fantasies upon b/c he is huge and can skate.
But he didn't exactly dominate the AHL, then got injured, so he's a big unknown at this point.
If they're out of playoff contention I'm sure he'll get a long look in March.

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
Concerning Morin, it's just as likely to be a numbers game regarding the roster spots available as it is his health and availability. Now everything is based upon his health, obviously. But Morin is no longer waiver-eligible to move between clubs. So, the prevailing thought is instead of move folks to fit him now, leave him injured until approximately the TDL. Send him on a conditioning stint right before the TDL, have him finish it right after. After the TDL, NHL rosters expand, and Morin can become an active player without removing anyone from the roster, nor involving him on waivers.

So barring the removal from one of the current 7 Flyers d-men, I do not expect Morin to play for the Flyers pre-TDL. Abusing roster/salary-cap intent rules, at some things, the Flyers remain excellent.

Reactions: Freddy The Fog

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Morin is easy to project fantasies upon b/c he is huge and can skate.
But he didn't exactly dominate the AHL, then got injured, so he's a big unknown at this point.
If they're out of playoff contention I'm sure he'll get a long look in March.

He outplayed MacDonald and Hagg when given a brief chance. He should have been a roster upgrade. He may still be.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
"A brief chance." Yeah, I'll make trades and roster moves based on that.

Me thinks Fletcher will want to see him play a stretch of 8-10 games in March before he has to make decisions in June, given he's out of options with Morin.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
"A brief chance." Yeah, I'll make trades and roster moves based on that.

Me thinks Fletcher will want to see him play a stretch of 8-10 games in March before he has to make decisions in June, given he's out of options with Morin.

He also outplayed Hagg for a long stretch in the AHL, what with Morin being better than Hagg.

Outperforming MacDonald is a simple task.

Flyrs21

Dec 17, 2006
Shots from the slot? What is this nonsense
20181219_155159.png

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Let's see what happens when they play a real team, one that actually challenges players in the slot.
It would be foolish to read anything into this game.
Tomorrow night you'll get a better feel for any changes in this team.

Flyrs21

Dec 17, 2006
Let's see what happens when they play a real team, one that actually challenges players in the slot.
It would be foolish to read anything into this game.
Tomorrow night you'll get a better feel for any changes in this team.

It doesn't matter what team you play you need to try to generate more high percentage shots from the slot area. Look at the 2nd chart, that's why Hart really didn't have to do to much last night

Reactions: Rebels57

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
While I can't root for the team to lose a game, I can hope they keep losing (difference between watching a game and rooting for the team, and wanting what is best for the team in the long run) so that Fletcher will take one step back this year and complete the rebuild.

So when posters hope the team keeps losing so that the coach gets fired (because they want what they feel is best for the team in the long run), that is bad.

When you hope that the team keeps losing so that assets don't get sold off (because you want what you feel is best for the team in the long run), that is good.

59631026.jpg

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
When you hope that the team keeps losing so that assets don't get sold off (because you want what you feel is best for the team in the long run), that is good.

Oh, no, he wants assets sold off. Like Voracek and Ghost. But they're not technically considered "assets." It's all very complex, and I don't have time to explain.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I was ready to jettison Hakstol weeks ago, so there.
The only that could have saved his job was getting 7 or more points on the road trip, i.e., signaling maybe another miracle turnaround like last year.

Beating a lifeless Detroit team is not a sign of anything but people stretching to find signs of the second coming. Detroit looked as bad as the Flyers did against Vancouver, given that the Canucks are 6-11-3 in their last 20 games, doubt their fans got excited by the Flyers game (beating Nashville at home, yes).

We have a 9 game stretch that will reveal all (well, maybe not all, but we'll certainly get a better read on this team and its talent base). Check back with me in two weeks. If we beat TB in Tampa you hereby have my permission to get excited.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
So when posters hope the team keeps losing so that the coach gets fired (because they want what they feel is best for the team in the long run), that is bad.

You missed the subtle difference between rooting for you team each game, and not wanting your team to be in the worst of possible positions (buying at the TDL, wasting assets, missing the playoffs, getting bad draft position). I want them to win every game, I hope they don't end up in the worst of all worlds.

Reactions: kudymen

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
You missed the subtle difference between rooting for you team each game, and not wanting your team to be in the worst of possible positions (buying at the TDL, wasting assets, missing the playoffs, getting bad draft position). I want them to win every game, I hope they don't end up in the worst of all worlds.

This is so genius I have to "like" it

Reactions: freakydallas13

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad