Post-Game Talk: #32: Red Wings 2 at FLYERS 3, Tuesday, Dec. 18, 2018, 7:00 pm ET

RANKKA

Give Glaude the world
Apr 11, 2017
EU
After seeing this video, I think I'm out on Carter Hart. As some other posters have mentioned, he may not be all that and a bag of chips. I don'the want a goalie that makes women cry, I want a goalie that strikes fear. There''s no crying in hockey. Also, ****ing kids, that guy isn't bright enough to hold the puck for the ceremonial photo with his family. First he has to be told to hold the puck, then he has to be told to flip it around so the words are readable. Is he expecting people to chew his food and change his diaper in the NHL too? No wonder he didn't know where to look for the puck on that PP shot from the slot, he even forgot his sticks and had to use Lyon's. (Probably because he is immature or something awful and unfixable.)

Just slurp slurp gag the lot of you. Disgusting and hopeless.

#ObviousHeelTurn
#SayNoToDeadhead

Reactions: Ruck Over

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right
Morin is easy to project fantasies upon b/c he is huge and can skate.
But he didn't exactly dominate the AHL, then got injured, so he's a big unknown at this point.
If they're out of playoff contention I'm sure he'll get a long look in March.
Gordon watched him outplay hagg

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I don't think you're gonna be happy if you think Gordon's takeaway from the 16-17 AHL season was - wow, Morin is way ahead of Hagg.

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right
I don't think you're gonna be happy if you think Gordon's takeaway from the 16-17 AHL season was - wow, Morin is way ahead of Hagg.
I don’t remember Gordon’s word about Morin. I do remember him talking ever season about hagg needing to compete harder and be more consistent. Show more instead of looking lackadaisical. Which he looked last night. I do remember him saying he saw it at times and got better towards the end of the. Season. Probably why no one expected him to play over Morin. I remember sandhiem. And Morin out playing him. And being used in games more.

Reactions: gertbfrobe16

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
deadhead said:
While I can't root for the team to lose a game, I can hope they keep losing

You missed the subtle difference between rooting for you team each game, and not wanting your team to be in the worst of possible positions (buying at the TDL, wasting assets, missing the playoffs, getting bad draft position). I want them to win every game, I hope they don't end up in the worst of all worlds.

What part of "I can hope they keep losing" jives with your statement?

So you want the team to lose overall, you just don't want them to lose individual games.

A7I2.gif

m5PRoaU.png

Freddy The Fog

Don't live in the fast lane. Live on the off ramp
Aug 3, 2005
Until I see Carter Hart get into a fist fight with the other teams goalie.... he's not a true Flyer.

Gert B Frobe

Nov 18, 2003
Chester County
I thought Morin could've been given more of a chance last year.

Thought he was good in the preseason and looked very good when I saw him live at the rookie game.

I didn't go to any practices but saw most of his games and thought he was one of the better defenseman in every camp he has attended. He has been handled very poorly, and often injured which just makes it worse.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
If the Flyers are out of it by March (probably February), Morin will get his audition, along with a number of Phantoms this spring. Fletcher will want to gather as much information about his own players before heading into June - given his war chest of assets, he'll probably be very busy pre-draft.

Reactions: JXC

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
If the Flyers come out and play a good hockey game on Thursday and put forth the effort and play like they are having fun I dont think anyone would complain. The win would be great. Its all about baby steps.
Getting rid of the bad habits that Hakstol installed wont be done overnight

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
If the Flyers come out and play a good hockey game on Thursday and put forth the effort and play like they are having fun I dont think anyone would complain. The win would be great. Its all about baby steps.
Getting rid of the bad habits that Hakstol installed wont be done overnight

Right. Just as the Flyers didn't win immediately under Berube, but the games were less aggravating because they could move up the ice better. Of course once Berube had an offseason to fully implement his idea of a full breakout that regressed, though.

The Flyers moving away from obviously failed methods is a moral victory even if the team loses.

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
I was ready to jettison Hakstol weeks ago, so there.
The only that could have saved his job was getting 7 or more points on the road trip, i.e., signaling maybe another miracle turnaround like last year.

Beating a lifeless Detroit team is not a sign of anything but people stretching to find signs of the second coming. Detroit looked as bad as the Flyers did against Vancouver, given that the Canucks are 6-11-3 in their last 20 games, doubt their fans got excited by the Flyers game (beating Nashville at home, yes).

We have a 9 game stretch that will reveal all (well, maybe not all, but we'll certainly get a better read on this team and its talent base). Check back with me in two weeks. If we beat TB in Tampa you hereby have my permission to get excited.

How many points do they need to get in that stretch for you to finally eat crow about anything?

While you're at it you might as well move the goalposts a few times now. Save yourself and us some time I the future.

Reactions: Flyerfan4life

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Like I've said, the next 9 games will tell us a lot more, mostly about the players, because Gordon isn't implementing anything sophisticated, so it's going to be more a test of athletic and hockey ability.
Detroit wasn't a very good test of anything, Nashville, TB, Calgary will give us a much better read.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I like the Stones but there's other bands I prefer.

Part of the problem is that people try to push the Stones on you. "worlds greatest rock band"..... meh, I don't agree with that.

I don't actually know how they can say that with a straight face. They know that we have heard the Who, so who are they trying to convince? Mind-boggling. There isn't a single thing the Stones ever did that the Who didn't do a million times better. And I actually like the Stones :laugh: but come the **** on.

Reactions: phlflyer1

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
If the Flyers are out of it by March (probably February), Morin will get his audition, along with a number of Phantoms this spring. Fletcher will want to gather as much information about his own players before heading into June - given his war chest of assets, he'll probably be very busy pre-draft.
Morin should have got his audition at the end of the 2017 season, after the flyers were eliminated. The fact that they refused to call him up 4 years after he was drafted and the team was out of playoff contention was absolutely insane.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly

I do recommend against Land Wars in Asia.
But I'm not Sicilian.

Perhaps not, but you’re long-winded and completely incredulous when events prove you wrong, not to mention you think you’re the smartest guy in the room, but aren’t, and it’s liable to result in your demise one day.

On that last note: You may want to avoid getting into battles of wits with strange men dressed in black, especially when death is on the line.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Like I said, I'm not Sicilian, so I avoid situations where death is on the line.
I also avoid engaging in fantasies where getting rid of the coach results in miracles.
I try to stay grounded, especially during lightning storms.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad