Post-Game Talk: #32: Red Wings 2 at FLYERS 3, Tuesday, Dec. 18, 2018, 7:00 pm ET

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I don't think it's a coincidence that Simmonds looked more finished than ever after the team opened up and played a more mobile game. Guy wasn't keeping up with anyone on his team or the other.

If he stays he's the kind of player that needs a coach who can gameplan around him. Find ways to work around those deficiencies and just keep him parked in a small zone around the net, not unlike how Knuble had to be handled when he slowed to a crawl. I do not know if Gordon is the guy who can figure that out and I do not know if it's even worth the effort.

Mr. Train is out of steam.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Well, that was a fun outcome. I didn't catch any of the game; stupid family and friends wanting to "visit" around Christmas!! But I am torn with where the team is at present. A coaching change (yay!) for Scott Gordon (nay!). Calling up Hart way ahead of his time (nay!) and seeing him get his first game action and win (yay!). More time for Sanheim (yay!) and less for Gostisbehere (nay!).

Sure, winning is a positive step. But a baby step against a poor opponent that didn't bring their A, B, or C game. And yet the Flyers didn't do Flyers things and squander their lead. I'll try to enjoy the moment and not think too much about what lies ahead.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Should've traded him after his "All Star" season. Would've been the perfect time to make that move.

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
Discredit the flyers for playing a good game. Put the blame on the opposing team saying they are terrible ( we are bottom 5 in the league) Discredit a goalie for playing in his first NHL game before he can legally drink in the USA. Say we aren’t real fans because we don’t want them to win ( yea ok...).

That’s why everyone wanted Hakstol fired. So we would win. Ignore everything that Hakstol did wrong and hang on to what he did right (literally don’t have anything).

This **** is getting sad. Even more sad than my ****ty trade proposals.

Hahaha this made my day. I love when people are aware of their own shtick.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Watched this one with the gf, so I couldn't take notes throughout like I normally do

tenor.gif

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
Have to be careful with small samples, Sanheim tended to get big minutes when the Flyers were behind, the other team relaxed, and he could take chances on offense, which would inflate his numbers.

That's why the next nine games will be interesting, tough competition, Gordon gradually changing the scheme and the usage of different players.
I'm aware that the sample size is only 3 games but the bolded just isn't true. First of all, the Flyers have been behind in just about every game this season, a lot have been by 2 or more goals, and there are still only 3 games he's played 20+ minutes. It's pretty clear that the strategy hasn't been to play Sanheim more when they're behind or he would have a lot more 20 minute games.

He played 21+ minutes last night in a game they won by a goal and never trailed. He played 20+ minutes against the Avs which was a 1 goal game with a few minutes left in the 2nd period and was never a game they were way behind in. He played 23+ minutes in the blowout loss to the Jets so that's the only game where you can say he probably got a lot of ice time because they were conceding a loss but even that game was 2-1 half way through the 2nd period so I can't imagine he played his typical 8 minutes the first half of the game and then 15 minutes the second half. Regardless, being a +3 while the team is -8 when he wasn't on the ice is encouraging no matter how you swing it.

Last edited:

Laveuglette

Le meilleur receveur de passes de tous les temps
Apr 5, 2011
Quebec
Have there been any Morin updates? It should be getting close to him skating right? I thought I remembered the new year being a benchmark for him

I don't have recent updates but I do think that he would be very valuable for us. He's gonna be a stud as soon as he gets healthy imo.

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa

After seeing this video, I think I'm out on Carter Hart. As some other posters have mentioned, he may not be all that and a bag of chips. I don'the want a goalie that makes women cry, I want a goalie that strikes fear. There''s no crying in hockey. Also, f***ing kids, that guy isn't bright enough to hold the puck for the ceremonial photo with his family. First he has to be told to hold the puck, then he has to be told to flip it around so the words are readable. Is he expecting people to chew his food and change his diaper in the NHL too? No wonder he didn't know where to look for the puck on that PP shot from the slot, he even forgot his sticks and had to use Lyon's. (Probably because he is immature or something awful and unfixable.)

Just slurp slurp gag the lot of you. Disgusting and hopeless.

#ObviousHeelTurn

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Morin has been skating for a couple weeks, but ETA is February and I'd assume he'd go to the Phantoms for a rehab stint for a couple weeks.

Who knows what Morin can actually do? We'll see in March.

WestrnPhlyr

Go away or I shall taunt you a second time.
Jul 17, 2015
NW Inland Empire
After seeing this video, I think I'm out on Carter Hart. As some other posters have mentioned, he may not be all that and a bag of chips. I don'the want a goalie that makes women cry, I want a goalie that strikes fear. There''s no crying in hockey. Also, ****ing kids, that guy isn't bright enough to hold the puck for the ceremonial photo with his family. First he has to be told to hold the puck, then he has to be told to flip it around so the words are readable. Is he expecting people to chew his food and change his diaper in the NHL too? No wonder he didn't know where to look for the puck on that PP shot from the slot, he even forgot his sticks and had to use Lyon's. (Probably because he is immature or something awful and unfixable.)

Just slurp slurp gag the lot of you. Disgusting and hopeless.

#ObviousHeelTurn
giphy.gif

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
He has been skating, just not practicing with the team. I think he is still due back in Feb and I doubt they rush him. I suspect he will practice for a while and then head to LHV for 2 weeks
Oh, target was Feb? I thought it was earlier than that.

And yeah, thats what I expect too. We probably won't see him in the NHL until the middle of March. He'd be clutch. Another guy who can move the puck and who has quick feet.

They really need someone to slot in the 2nd pair so both Hagg and AMac can't play. Crappy year to get injured for him. Sucks

Reactions: gertbfrobe16

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
Oh, target was Feb? I thought it was earlier than that.

And yeah, thats what I expect too. We probably won't see him in the NHL until the middle of March. He'd be clutch. Another guy who can move the puck and who has quick feet.

They really need someone to slot in the 2nd pair so both Hagg and AMac can't play. Crappy year to get injured for him. Sucks

Feb was always the conservative estimate on his recovery time, but everyone (beats) kept repeating it so I've just conceded and figured I'll be happy if he plays sooner. I would expect him to start practicing fully before he is sent for conditioning though. With this team...who the hell knows though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad