Post-Game Talk: #32| Philadelphia Flyers @ New York Islanders | March 20th | 7:00 PM | F/W 6-1

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
I mean now with Dobson out he’s our best internal option in my opinion. I feel he is a legit 3rd pair defenseman. Maybe elsewhere he can continue his NHL career. His family has been through a lot. I’d like to see him eventually find his way home to Calgary. His family is all there and his late brother had a young child. Still it is a business.
One thing that no one can take away from Hickey is he’s a tough sob for his size and he’s the consummate pro. High character all the way. He may not have a regular spot with us going forward but he would be a good vet to have on a team. He was the captain of the Thunderbirds so maybe he wouldn’t mind going back to Seattle?
It's why he was Captain of Team Canada in the WJC.

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
Opinions vary. I think Hickey can be a useful 3rd pairing dman and 2nd pairing PP dman(also good 3v3 in regular season overtime). Visnofsky was a horrible pairing for the both of them.
I am genuinely confused by these responses that seem to be alluding to Visnovsky in a negative manner. Did people forget that Lubo was probably our best defenseman for that time he was on our team? People seemed awfully devastated when Wilson took him out.

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
He was for 1 game. You should know better than to expect that every game from Hickey.

This is in no way trying to demean what Hickey did last night. It was terrific.
I definitely dont expect that from Hickey every game, but the question is is he better than Aho for now? The answer is clearly yes.

Reactions: 2ndGenIslander

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
I am genuinely confused by these responses that seem to be alluding to Visnovsky in a negative manner. Did people forget that Lubo was probably our best defenseman for that time he was on our team? People seemed awfully devastated when Wilson took him out.
Correct.

Lubo and Hickey as our third pairing was terrific. We had a really good D corps at that time, it was deep and had a lot of good skill sets.

Leddy-Boychuk
de Haan- Hamonic
Visnovsky-Hickey

They were terrific

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
I always love to read all the hate for Hickey (stupid name Hickey Mouse). I bet all those who bash him because he is to small also cursed Snow for not offering all of 5' 9" Jared Spurgeon a contract. Hickey has given the Islanders 7 solid seasons and plays with more heart and skill then some of the bigger dmen that have come through here. It's always the old saying little guy's have to keep proving they can play and big guys have to prove they can't. And yes I am a 5' 8" hockey player so I have always been a fan of Hickey!

You can blame PWJunior for that!

I liked him for what he brought to the table in the past. I don't eat soup with a fork and expect it to work. Hickey is a tiny D man who has gotten along over the years learning how to take angles and 'cheats' with the puck and sometimes it pays off well and other times he's outmatched physically. It is what it is, not every dman has to be a hulking massive man. He's good for filling in until Dobson can be back in the lineup. He's always had a knack for big goals.

PS. In today's installment of "things you'd never thought you'd do until you moved to South Korea" : Eating squid pajeon at 11:00am.

Reactions: PWJunior and MJF

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
You can blame PWJunior for that!

I liked him for what he brought to the table in the past. I don't eat soup with a fork and expect it to work. Hickey is a tiny D man who has gotten along over the years learning how to take angles and 'cheats' with the puck and sometimes it pays off well and other times he's outmatched physically. It is what it is, not every dman has to be a hulking massive man. He's good for filling in until Dobson can be back in the lineup. He's always had a knack for big goals.

PS. In today's installment of "things you'd never thought you'd do until you moved to South Korea" : Eating squid pajeon at 11:00am.
Oh, oh. I love squid and I love pancakes. I found a recipe, and now I have to try it.

Reactions: LeapOnOver

BarzyClub

Jan 17, 2018
Reactions: PWJunior

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Oh, oh. I love squid and I love pancakes. I found a recipe, and now I have to try it.

I’m in Queens/Bayside/Flushing area so there’s no shortage of Korean food. Good stuff.

My Korean co-worker recommended I try the seafood pancake as said it was for “American first-timers” of Korean food like me..lol

It was deeeeelicious.. so good.

Unfortunately I'm at work so I can't have the Korean rice wine (makgeolli) which pairs very nicely with jeon! Knocks you on your ass as well!

buud

Ping Pong Predator
Oct 3, 2017
43N -79
Korean food is great, but let's talk hockey. ;)

it feels like Hickey and Aho would be somewhat comparable, as far as overall hockey skills. stylistically, they are different. who do you prefer?

wait, let me start a poll...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad