Post-Game Talk: #32| Philadelphia Flyers @ New York Islanders | March 20th | 7:00 PM | F/W 6-1

Lt Dan Ice Cream

Dec 19, 2017
Maui
What can I say, I love Islands...

Haha, im not native Hawaii.. I was born in Minnesota & as a little kid moved to Queens Village & have been an Islanders fan since '93. Still come back to NY at least once a year (not counting covid) but took a job on Maui about 6 years ago but Islanders for life!
I grew up on Long Island and have been living on Maui for almost 21 years. At least I'm not the only Islander fan here, pretty cool.

Reactions: BrockLobster

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
Vertically challenged? He's 6 feet tall!

latest
I have met Hickey. He's barely 5-10.

Reactions: Nightrain

Islander Class

Jun 30, 2018
South Carolina
Great bounce back win. Needed.

BTW- loving the Navy “reverse” throwback. Would love to see it as our full-time alt. moving forward. There was nothing wrong w/the Navy back in the day (pretty classy “NY Yankee” look IMHO). Just didn’t have the history/passion of the Royal. Make it the full-time alt- and we have best of both worlds though.:cool:

Reactions: JoeM

MatthewBarnabysTears

Mar 18, 2013
Great bounce back win. Needed.

BTW- loving the Navy “reverse” throwback. Would love to see it as our full-time alt. moving forward. There was nothing wrong w/the Navy back in the day (pretty classy “NY Yankee” look IMHO). Just didn’t have the history/passion of the Royal. Make it the full-time alt- and we have best of both worlds though.:cool:

Wouldn’t mind the four stripes for the cups back.

Reactions: Islander Class

Lt Dan Ice Cream

Dec 19, 2017
Maui
Nice! Im in Kihei, where yiu at & which bar?? I thought I knew all the hockey leaning bars out here! Boston fans at Mooses, Chris is Blackhawks at Pint & Cork & then I got a few Minnesota fans at LAB. Id be stoked to come catch a game with an Islander!
I'm in Kihei too, I'm at P&C. Wonder if you're the guy that shouted out my jersey that one time at Hele on Pi'ilani lol.

Edit: Two Islander fans in Kihei? What are the odds?

se7en

infamous...
Apr 14, 2010
Maui, HI
I'm in Kihei too, I'm at P&C. Wonder if you're the guy that shouted out my jersey that one time at Hele on Pi'ilani lol.

Edit: Two Islander fans in Kihei? What are the odds?
Nice!! That probably was me haha
But ya man thats rad! What are you doing for Mondays game?? Im down to grab a beer & catch the game, let me know!

Ps- Do you play out here at all?? Our Maui league is just starting to get going again at Kalama with pick up & practices, great group of guys. I haven't played since playoffs as covid started last year but im going to start hitting pickup again real soon now that its back

Reactions: Lt Dan Ice Cream

DonLou13

Jun 18, 2018
Just have to say... all around dominate game.

So happy for Hickey. I know he gets shit on sometimes in the past but he definitely deserved this night with everything going on in his life.

Sorokin seems very calm the past few games. His game should be improving the more he plays.

Hope Beau and Bailey get hot. With the absence of Lee, Bailey really needs to step up and be the leader of this squad and chip in a few goals here and there.

Lord Barry stops a losing streak in its tracks again with his weird line up changes. I find myself thinking about this all the time. This is exactly why he gets paid the big bucks.

Anyways love this team. LGI

Lt Dan Ice Cream

Dec 19, 2017
Maui
Nice!! That probably was me haha
But ya man thats rad! What are you doing for Mondays game?? Im down to grab a beer & catch the game, let me know!

Ps- Do you play out here at all?? Our Maui league is just starting to get going again at Kalama with pick up & practices, great group of guys. I haven't played since playoffs as covid started last year but im going to start hitting pickup again real soon now that its back
I'm off and down for a beer or more with you. Don't normally like going to work on my day off but happy to make an exception.

Used to play, thought about joining up, but my body just isn't what it used to be.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
That's the win I was looking for. LL augment this group. Palms, Janmark, Kulikov or Hall, Kulikov; take this group to the next level.

Hickey may have been riding adrenaline, emotions, vindication; his two-way play was solid. I feel at ease with him more than Aho; that's saying a lot b/c he's been the weakest link for years.

Do not agree with Leo on the 1B line; Bellows deserves it, Barzal needs skill.

Wahlstrom should fight Farabee, of all the players (Farabee's been giving him shit all year), and I think he's (Wahl) more talented, overall. Farabee is a one-trick goalscorer.

se7en

infamous...
Apr 14, 2010
Maui, HI
I'm off and down for a beer or more with you. Don't normally like going to work on my day off but happy to make an exception.

Used to play, thought about joining up, but my body just isn't what it used to be.
Good deal! Im in! Im just running into Target quick, I think there's a DM or PM thing on here, shoot me a message & we'll exchange info! Stoked!

Btw- Is Chris there on Monday?? Love that dude, he always talks hockey with me & has the Bookers on the ready for me haha

Lt Dan Ice Cream

Dec 19, 2017
Maui
Good deal! Im in! Im just running into Target quick, I think there's a DM or PM thing on here, shoot me a message & we'll exchange info! Stoked!

Btw- Is Chris there on Monday?? Love that dude, he always talks hockey with me & has the Bookers on the ready for me haha
PM sent.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
That's the win I was looking for. LL augment this group. Palms, Janmark, Kulikov or Hall, Kulikov; take this group to the next level.

Hickey may have been riding adrenaline, emotions, vindication; his two-way play was solid. I feel at ease with him more than Aho; that's saying a lot b/c he's been the weakest link for years.

Do not agree with Leo on the 1B line; Bellows deserves it, Barzal needs skill.

Wahlstrom should fight Farabee, of all the players (Farabee's been giving him shit all year), and I think he's (Wahl) more talented, overall. Farabee is a one-trick goalscorer.
Bailey and Eberle each scored, the PK looked good, and we won. What more do you need?

Ok, ok, 9-1.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad