GDT: #32 // Oilers @ Jets // Dec 13 @ 6 PM MST // TV: SN-W

Who should draw in on defense with Klefbom injured?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I don't get starting Talbot tonight. The defense is decimated so you need to put in the hotter goalie to offset the D loss against perhaps the best offense in the league. The offense might need to crank out 6-7 goals tonight.

Russell not playing tomorrow also according to Hitchcock. Jeez

I was just thinking the other day about how lucky the Oilers have been on the injury front the last 2+ seasons and now it's piling up. Sorry guys

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I don't get starting Talbot tonight. The defense is decimated so you need to put in the hotter goalie to offset the D loss against perhaps the best offense in the league. The offense might need to crank out 6-7 goals tonight.
They do play tomorrow, that's probably why.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003

I was just thinking the other day about how lucky the Oilers have been on the injury front the last 2+ seasons and now it's piling up. Sorry guys

It’s all your fault.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Play Koskinen in the tougher game and Talbot in the weaker one. It's simple really.
Right now, Talbot is the backup. The backup usually gets the easy matchup.
Sometimes. I'd rather bank one win than try to risk two. They stand a much better chance of beating Philly with Koskinen in net than starting him tonight and Talbot tomorrow.

SullivanT

May 9, 2015
Edmonton

I was just thinking the other day about how lucky the Oilers have been on the injury front the last 2 seasons and now it's piling up. Sorry guys
Well the way I look at it is Kost home record is amazing even with spectacular goaltending tonight it's still gonna be a long shot to win in my opinion. So why not save Kost for a more "winnable" game if that's what you want to call it.

I'd say play our best goalie in the game we are more likely to win but that's just my opinion.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Garrison-Wideman will be a solid pairing and add at least 1 goal on the night... and yes into the opposition net before you smartasses make the obvious comment...
"Which net?" :)

They both want to show that they belong in the lineup and are going to be solid pairing out there.

Have some ****ing positivity and optimism people. :)

Well you almost never swear so I know you’re right about tonight now. ;)

Reactions: nexttothemoon

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Well the way I look at it is Kost home record is amazing even with spectacular goaltending tonight it's still gonna be a long shot to win in my opinion. So why not save Kost for a more "winnable" game if that's what you want to call it.

I'd say play our best goalie in the game we are more likely to win but that's just my opinion.

I've always thought that you play your best goalie against the better teams and the backup gets the easier matchup.
For instance, they could have very well lost the Avs game if Talbot was in net.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
How do they go from Russell being able to finish the Avs game to him being put on IR though?

#OilersInjuries

Reactions: Aerrol

SullivanT

May 9, 2015
Edmonton
I've always thought that you play your best goalie against the better teams and the backup gets the easier matchup.
For instance, they could have very well lost the Avs game if Talbot was in net.
Yes when healthy I would totally agree but in this situation I an with the Oilers decision. We are banged up and both these games are gonna be tough might as well increase your chances of getting 2 points rather then none

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Talbot is 92.5% in his last 3 games... so he's rebounding lately as well. He might be finally back on track to where he was 2 years ago.

I think he puts up another solid performance tonight.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad