GDT: #31 – Sabres at Panthers – Tue Dec 20, 7:30PM ET – MSG-B

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
Grant was a preseason all-star when his spot on the team wasn't secure.

Then due to the injuries is spot wasn't really in doubt. There was no pressure on him in order to keep his spot in the lineup. Now there is. I'm hoping that will wake him up and get him playing like he did in preseason. Probably more likely that was just a really hot streak, but it's worth a shot.

He went from an offensive role to a defensive one. Apples and Oranges.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Moulson is not a bad finisher. In fact, he's second on our team in goals this year. The lines could be literally anything and someone would find a way to blame Bylsma for it.

Well he does put them together :sarcasm: :laugh:

I think you meant criticize him for it.

RazielMoshman

Jul 10, 2012
UK
Moulson has looked better this year and deserves the look.

His our powerplay king, even strength though his been woeful. I've just seen him fail to bury pucks in open nets. His not shown scoring instinct and we really need the Eichel line to produce regularly. I don't see that happening with him on it, I'd rather put Carrier or Kane in that role.

Honestly I'd like to see Moulson on the 4th line even strength but basically out there for every second of power play time. Probably isn't a good idea, but we have little to lose at this point.

Montag DP

Sabres fan in...
Apr 4, 2007
...Maryland
He has one even strength goal all year. Like Zemgus. And Zemgus can keep up and is marginally better defensively. If you want him finishing anything Jack creates he needs to be on Jack's PP unit.
Wasn't Girgs on Jack's line for awhile last year and it didn't work out so well? Correct me if I'm wrong on that. Anyway, I don't have a problem with Moulson being on Eichel's line for now. He's miles better than he was last year and hasn't looked out of place IMO.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
What I meant is that people would complain no matter what the lines were.

I know what you meant. I was jokingly pointing out that obviously Disco would get "blamed" for putting the lines together since he is the one that... well .. puts the lines together.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Grant is a fine 13th forward/4th line center.

But I don't see much upside other than that.

I'd much rather see:

Carrier-Girgensons-Baptiste/Bailey that force Girgensons to his off wing.

as the 4th line and them take a regular shift.

It's nice to Gorges regulated to the bottom pairing.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
I think I would have preferred Nilsson here. He shut them out in Buffalo earlier this season. But I understand that, with a back-to-back later this week, the goaltenders will split the Canes/Isles games, and Bylsma doesn't want to play Nilsson in two of three.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
His our powerplay king, even strength though his been woeful. I've just seen him fail to bury pucks in open nets. His not shown scoring instinct and we really need the Eichel line to produce regularly. I don't see that happening with him on it, I'd rather put Carrier or Kane in that role.

Honestly I'd like to see Moulson on the 4th line even strength but basically out there for every second of power play time. Probably isn't a good idea, but we have little to lose at this point.
What? Kane hasn't proved anything on Eichel's line last year and this year. Why is he better than Moulson in that spot? At least Moulson is scoring, even tho it's on the Powerplay; hes finding the net.

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
Wasn't Girgs on Jack's line for awhile last year and it didn't work out so well? Correct me if I'm wrong on that. Anyway, I don't have a problem with Moulson being on Eichel's line for now. He's miles better than he was last year and hasn't looked out of place IMO.

Given our left wing depth, there's not a whole lot I'm interested in seeing on Jack's left. Moulson is better than Kane there, so I'm fine with him sticking with it for now. If it doesn't work I want to see Zemgus or Carrier just to see how well different player styles mesh over there.

RazielMoshman

Jul 10, 2012
UK
What? Kane hasn't proved anything on Eichel's line last year and this year. Why is he better than Moulson in that spot? At least Moulson is scoring, even tho it's on the Powerplay; hes finding the net.

Talking even strength Kane is far more qualified. Not that either are ideal. Don't get me wrong, the Moulson experiment was worth a shot but it's failed, he can't bury a puck in to an open net.

Kane wasn't much better, true. Ennis is either on IR or a non-entity. Honestly the energy Carrier brings makes him an absolute favourite for me, mostly because I think the Eichel line should be a pure energy, rush line while other lines can play the grind and crash game. Yeh sure his young but hell, what exactly do we have to lose?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad