Post-Game Talk: #30: Senators 3 at FLYERS 4, Saturday, Dec. 7, 2019, 1 pm ET [Konecny UBI]

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
According to a few Sens fans on the main board:

-Laughton got what he deserved
-Laughton dove
-That type of cross check is rarely even a penalty
-They are proud of Tkachuk for doing what he did

Their board talked like this after the game already, reading their comments was painful.
I mean, I can be blind with some of our players too but not this much.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I guess I'd rather they either suspend a player or do nothing, because these little fines almost feel like they're only done so the NHL can pat themselves on the back and pretend they're doing something when they're really not. The whole point of fines/suspensions is to dissuade players from breaking rules, but this fine doesn't do that in any way, so it seems fake.

I think it’s more about documenting infractions so future suspensions will be harsher.

Reactions: Striiker

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Being a fan of the team always impairs your judgement on what players do. I saw on twitter people say Laughton turtled... he got cross checked to the ground then was jumped when Thachuk new a penalty was coming.

it was a stupid dirty play. And since the league didn’t do anything the players will more than likely make him answer the bell next time they play. Who on our side will? No idea. Maybe Bruan so then we don’t have to have him on the ice for 5 minutes lol

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
I guess I'd rather they either suspend a player or do nothing, because these little fines almost feel like they're only done so the NHL can pat themselves on the back and pretend they're doing something when they're really not. The whole point of fines/suspensions is to dissuade players from breaking rules, but this fine doesn't do that in any way, so it seems fake.
The amount of the fine is a joke as well, it carries zero effect on the player, and I can’t wait for the DOPS legendary inconsistency in what gets a fine and what gets a suspension, for a league who has a ton of head injuries they sure are ignoring a lot of things that lead to said injuries, almost as if they don’t care (which we all know they don’t)

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009
Being a fan of the team always impairs your judgement on what players do. I saw on twitter people say Laughton turtled... he got cross checked to the ground then was jumped when Thachuk new a penalty was coming.

it was a stupid dirty play. And since the league didn’t do anything the players will more than likely make him answer the bell next time they play. Who on our side will? No idea. Maybe Bruan so then we don’t have to have him on the ice for 5 minutes lol

Yeah, just like how Flyers fans cheered for Gudas for four seasons.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

Flyers fans here also called him out for dirty play.

You failed.

source.gif

pacehimself

Oct 5, 2008
Flyers fans here also called him out for dirty play.

You failed.

source.gif
Just look at how Rinaldo was brought up on this board. Didn’t matter what jersey he wore, he would be criticized for reckless behavior. To support cross checking and then jumping a player is dumb. Oh well, got the W. On to bigger and better things.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Just look at how Rinaldo was brought up on this board. Didn’t matter what jersey he wore, he would be criticized for reckless behavior. To support cross checking and then jumping a player is dumb. Oh well, got the W. On to bigger and better things.

Rinaldo once threw a dirty hit on a Penguin and Flyers fans on the main board thread were as angry as Pens fans. We were sick of his crap.

Cootsfanclub

For Oskar!
Mar 29, 2013

I don’t think Gudas was a dirty player. When you throw the body around as much as him a few hits are gonna be suspension worthy. Rinaldo was a different story, as was Razor with his Holtby “fight.”

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I like having a couple dirty players on the Flyers. Sue me. Pronger was evil & I loved it. I wish they had a Tkachuk. I’d trade Hagg for Borowiecki in an instant. I’d love to get Josh Anderson.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad