Post-Game Talk: #30: Senators 3 at FLYERS 4, Saturday, Dec. 7, 2019, 1 pm ET [Konecny UBI]

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
1) Ghost shows what he is. Yes he is a good 3rd pairing d-man. yes he is better than Hagg. But he still make a what the bleep play? 2) I wish we had one talented sandpaper guy on this team ala Simmons couple years back. No that isn't Stewart. Glad team fought back especially Laughton. 3)Farabee has to stop making dumb neutral zone plays. With no Tk and tough road trip we need contributions from Frost and Farabee coming up.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Kachuck is a fake tough guy just like Borowitzky. Pajoe decides to fight Farabee of all people. p***yfication runs deep in Ottawa apparently, from the GM down to the players. Nice winning culture they have there. Love the fat Jersey Shore coach they have too, at least ours wears that sick Maroon/Purple suit sometimes and looks like he knows what hockey is. Guess he pairs well with their fat "franchise player".

I was ripping this team for the slop put forth in the first and second period. They dug it out down a forward and played a great 3rd and they deserve credit.

Hart made the mistake, but tall when he needed to be. Huge save on Duclair, who by the way is also a p***y. If I was a teammate and saw him legit laughing like he was at Laughton after the GWG, I'd clock him.

Cellys were A+ today, love the classic Prov reach for the arrow/fistpump from the knee and Laughton giving it to the bench. f*** these assholes back to Canada. Hope TK is ok.

Nice f***ing win

oKo4TkW.gif

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
Remember when briere got jumped by the pens late in the game and Lavy went HAM? Everyone on the ice went after a pen when briere got hit. Even simmonds fought when he just got stitches in his face

One of my favorite things about Briere is that he could handle himself as well. I don't recall the game, but some player obviously did something to him because Briere slashes him in the face right off the faceoff. I think he got suspended 2 games. Briere could be nasty on a moments notice.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
I thought Pitlick and Laughton were the best forwards. All of the D were pretty quiet except for Provy, especially Sanheim who was fairly invisible (not really a bad thing).

Hart was good outside of his miscue.

Pimp is not an NHL player, sadly. Too tentative and does not want the puck on his stick.

Hopefully TK was just held out for precautionary reasons. That's a big hole if he is out for an extended period.

Also, hopefully AV has more sense than to dress Stewart in the next game against Ottawa.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
One of my favorite things about Briere is that he could handle himself as well. I don't recall the game, but some player obviously did something to him because Briere slashes him in the face right off the faceoff. I think he got suspended 2 games. Briere could be nasty on a moments notice.

you should check that highlight out on youtube. Just type pens-flyers brawl

Foggy14

Sep 13, 2017
I'll take it.

Glad they don't award style points for these games. Not sure why we make these guys look like they're a good team.

Great job by Laughts stepping up.

Tkachuk is talented, but a real pos.

Hopefully, this gives us some momentum going into a tough road trip.

Keep it rolling, boys!

source.gif

Last edited:

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
Can we talk about the Laughton goal?

I get so sick of guys not getting the puck on net. This was the right type. Shoot it so that if a save if made, it kicks at an angle into an area your teammate is skating into on the 2on1. It isn't hard-- you can go low opposite leg or try the opposite corner.

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Kachuck is a fake tough guy just like Borowitzky. Pajoe decides to fight Farabee of all people. *****fication runs deep in Ottawa apparently, from the GM down to the players. Nice winning culture they have there. Love the fat Jersey Shore coach they have too, at least ours wears that sick Maroon/Purple suit sometimes and looks like he knows what hockey is. Guess he pairs well with their fat "franchise player".

I was ripping this team for the slop put forth in the first and second period. They dug it out down a forward and played a great 3rd and they deserve credit.

Hart made the mistake, but tall when he needed to be. Huge save on Duclair, who by the way is also a *****. If I was a teammate and saw him legit laughing like he was at Laughton after the GWG, I'd clock him.

Cellys were A+ today, love the classic Prov reach for the arrow/fistpump from the knee and Laughton giving it to the bench. **** these *******s back to Canada. Hope TK is ok.

Nice ****ing win

oKo4TkW.gif
giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad