Not open for further replies.

dogthateats

May 26, 2011
discord.gg
pensdetroit120719.png

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
I guess MM starts this one. Hope he bounces back, if Wings clown him I will not be happy! 8 game losing streak and with us being streak breakers?

Reactions: Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
10-game losing streak by Detroit, four days off...what could go wrong for the Pens?...lol...I hope they don’t take their foot off the gas pedal...

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
One of the biggest games of Murray's career. Not necessarily for the team, but for him personally.

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
Murray starts and I expect some form of a bounce back game. He should hold the Wings to under 2 goals.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Jake looks terrifying in that gdt pic.
Riikola better not be a scratch.
I'd rather see Jarry tonight.
Penguins better not come out and under estimate this team because they are a horrible.

Victor Z

Trade me right f**king now!
Sponsor
Apr 10, 2018
The Burgh
One of the biggest games of Murray's career. Not necessarily for the team, but for him personally.

Basically a "no-win" situation for MM:

If he wins, people will say it proves absolutely nothing because Detroit is the worst team in the NHL and his next start will be the one where he's under the microscope again.

But if he loses people will be talking like he's one small step away from swapping places with Casey DeSmith in WBS.

So yeah, no pressure tonight. :skeptic:

Fortunately Murray has responded well to challenges in the past and it's likely he will this time too, unless (like early last year) he's playing through an injury.

Reactions: td_ice and TNT87

metalan2

May 30, 2008
Just to let everyone know I won't be able to watch the game. This means that the Penguins will 100% lose. I'll check score and wings will be up 6-2 somehow. Never have I ever been able to check game and pens were winning.

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
like a -56 goal differential but watch them beat us 7-1 tonight...lol

If you look at last night, we didn't look good but our goalie stole the show...so if that happens again tonight and we rely on the goalie we hope he's ready to do the same.

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
Basically a "no-win" situation for MM:

If he wins, people will say it proves absolutely nothing because Detroit is the worst team in the NHL and his next start will be the one where he's under the microscope again.

But if he loses people will be talking like he's one small step away from swapping places with Casey DeSmith in WBS.

So yeah, no pressure tonight. :skeptic:

Fortunately Murray has responded well to challenges in the past and it's likely he will this time too, unless (like early last year) he's playing through an injury.

I wouldn't go that far as to say he would get sent to WBS. That would never happen and he would get picked up on waivers in an instant. I hope Murray has a bounce back game but even if he doesn't it is not as hyperbolic as you present.

Also even if Murray play lights out I still start Jarry more until either Jarry cools off and or Murray strings together several top performances. Here's to hoping they both play lights out and Pens have the best goaltending in the league from this point forward. If Jarry keeps playing well he will earn more time regardless and Murray would need to win the Cup this year to pull off a top tier contract. I hope he does because I will take another Cup!

I am super pumped thar Rutherford knows his goaltending and didn't trade Jarry during the preseason. Obviously Rutherford knows what he has and loves goaltending depth more than any GM. I think Rutherford keeps both until the expansion draft and will make his decision then on who to keep.

harmonica

Apr 21, 2007
Honestly this is the perfect game to have on the tail end of a back to back, where we can put Murray back in net. The team needs to continue to play hard and not come in to this without any respect for Detroit. This month we need to collect as many points as possible from the weaker teams we play. No excuse to lose tonight, especially after how well we play the last couple of games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad