Confirmed with Link: 3 Year Extension for Ryan Lindgren ($3M AAV)

Kodiak

Feb 27, 2002
Ranger fan in Philly

121019992_343664340043659_9077806702069127213_n-6457976686.jpg

Daves a mess

Jan 8, 2014
In addition to this being a good deal:

I also kinda wonder if Drury/Dolan making Lindgren his first signing isn't sending a subtle message as to what kind of player / culture they want moving forward. Kinda basically said that already in more ways then one but this is another stamp on it.
Exactly

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
In addition to this being a good deal:

I also kinda wonder if Drury/Dolan making Lindgren his first signing isn't sending a subtle message as to what kind of player / culture they want moving forward. Kinda basically said that already in more ways then one but this is another stamp on it.

putting a C on his jersey needs to happen

Reactions: RagFinMet

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
Girardi isn't a good comparison at all. Girardi was solid, but Lindgren has far more balls and leadership than Girardi IMO. He has captaincy written all over him, was a leader at every level.

Adam Foote is a great comparison to Lindgren.

I couldn't think of a better comparison than Girardi.

G gave up his body for this team every night the same way Lindgren does. He played the biggest shutdown minutes for this team for 5 years, yes for the last couple he was not the same player he once was. Do you not remember how he was essentially ovechkins shadow from 2007-2014. They met in the playoffs like 5 times in those 7 years

G was a bigtime leader in the locker room, he wore the A here for like 5 years. Some crazy revisionist history going on here lol

B17 Apricots

May 18, 2016
Love this deal. Even if they trade for a top LHD or one of the kids break out and he gets bumped down the depth chart its still plenty affordable. At this point though no way I'd move him away from Fox. Nice start for CD

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
The ONE silver lining to all the horribad of last week was the announcement that Drury was taking over as Prez and GM, and they were at least paying lip service to the idea that he would have autonomy.

We still have a long road ahead before we see if the above proves out, but this is an outstanding first step. The IDEAL deal for Lindgren: offers some stability, retains RFA status at the end, and is eminently trade-able if/when others force their way up and he becomes desirable to other teams.

Blais to Win

Dec 16, 2009
I couldn't think of a better comparison than Girardi.

G gave up his body for this team every night the same way Lindgren does. He played the biggest shutdown minutes for this team for 5 years, yes for the last couple he was not the same player he once was. Do you not remember how he was essentially ovechkins shadow from 2007-2014. They met in the playoffs like 5 times in those 7 years

G was a bigtime leader in the locker room, he wore the A here for like 5 years. Some crazy revisionist history going on here lol

This is truth. Advanced stats folks destroyed Girardi as he got more beat up. They made him out to be everything wrong with the team, when he was once everything right with it.

Lindgren will get the same treatment from them as the years catch up, I’d think.

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
This is truth. Advanced stats folks destroyed Girardi as he got more beat up. They made him out to be everything wrong with the team, when he was once everything right with it.

Lindgren will get the same treatment from them as the years catch up, I’d think.

Turns out playing 25-30 minutes a night in Tort's 6 goalie system is bad for your longevity. go figure

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
Awesome deal. Lindgren was great this year.

I still have concerns about his long-term durability, but this contract gives us plenty of time to evaluate whether he can keep this up for an extended period.

Reactions: Jim Ramsay

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Last year is $4MM. That means the next one will start at $6MM and maybe peak at $7MM unless he plateaus. Can’t imagine a defensive defenseman commanding more than that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad