Confirmed with Link: 3 Year Extension for Ryan Lindgren ($3M AAV)

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Man, I’m so excited for him. Lindgren wears his heart on his sleeve and has exceeded all expectations. And now he’s being rewarded for it. You love to see it.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Cool, will still be an RFA when it expires.

Well deserved for Ryan, Gorton winding up with Miller, Lindgren and Strome via Spooner was unreal work by the front office.

They did also have Hajek, Lindbolm, Gauthier, Rykov, Lemieux, Howden and Lias (There are good looking players you didnt mention Im not ignoring those Im just making a point here)

Like they needed to at least hit on a few. Im not sure hitting on a few when you took that many swings qualifies as unreal. Maybe it does compared to other GMs but idk. I feel like they were maybe average unless some of these guys take a quantum leap in their respective games.

Miller could top out as a 2nd pair dude. Lindgren is real good but he's not a norris candidate.

And the Norris candidate we got literally only wanted to come to us so JG didnt have to really do anything.

I aint trying to shit on it, just saying "It's good but I disagree with the label of "unreal"

Last edited:
Reactions: ponzu4u

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
idk what he woulda asked for with more years but Im disappointed in only 3 seasons. Plus based on when certain NMCs are up I think we needed it to be 4. I wanted him getting 5 tbh

He may not have been willing to do any more years though without making it crazy expensive so idk.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I think he has some potential on offense as well.

He's an under rated skater and finds himself in a lot of scoring opportunities. I can see him hitting double digits in goals with some work

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
They did also have Hajek, Lindbolm, Gauthier, Rykov, Lemieux, Howden and Lias (There are good looking players you didnt mention Im not ignoring those Im just making a point here)

Like they needed to at least hit on a few. Im not sure hitting on a few when you took that many swings qualifies as unreal. Maybe it does compared to other GMs but idk. I feel like they were maybe average unless some of these guys take a quantum leap in their respective games.

Miller could top out as a 2nd pair dude. Lindgren is real good but he's not a norris candidate.

And the Norris candidate we got literally only wanted to come to us so JG didnt have to really do anything.

I aint trying to shit on it, just saying "It's good but I disagree with the label of "unreal"

We were able to get that norris candidate because we had the picks to get it done from previous trades. In addition to Fox, Lindgren, Trouba, and Miller, we have Jones, Lundkvist, Robertson, and Schneider. We are going to have the best young D in the league in a year or 2 mainly because of Gorton's moves.

Reactions: Bluenote13

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
We were able to get that norris candidate because we had the picks to get it done from previous trades. In addition to Fox, Lindgren, Trouba, and Miller, we have Jones, Lundkvist, Robertson, and Schneider. We are going to have the best young D in the league in a year or 2 mainly because of Gorton's moves.
Having a 2 and 3 is pretty irrelevant to this conversation. I said they didn't really have to do anything. Trading a 2 and a 3 for one of the top prospects in hockey at the time (Who literally would only agree to come here) falls into the category of not really having to do anything. It doesn't matter that they traded to get those specific picks, you are literally given picks as a participation trophy in the NHL. Having a 2 and a 3 available at some point is the participation trophy of GMing not some kind of testament to skill. Not to mention like...yea I'm aware they had picks to trade for the guy they barely needed to trade picks to get. Cool.

Imagine bragging "Our GM is real good. He did x, x and x...oh and he even had a 2 and a 3 once! Why would you bring that up as if it was at all any indication of GM skill?

I literally said there were other players, why are you telling me something I said myself?

This was a weird response lol

I feel like my response might piss you off but it's like idk wtf do you want me to say. It's like you didn't read what I wrote and then started telling me a bunch of stuff that falls into the category of "Well yea...no shit" as some kind of gotcha.

Last edited:

Chalfdiggity3

Feb 4, 2010
NJ
I think this was a great signing by Drury at an outstanding cost. This kid does EVERYTHING for us, defends well, always physical against top opposing forwards, stands up for his teammates, and like it or not has continued to work on his all around game. He continued to be a stalwart on the defensive side while seeming to try to add offense. I love Lindgren and 3m for a top 4 dman is outstanding value

Reactions: FireGerardGallant

Chalfdiggity3

Feb 4, 2010
NJ
Good, been pleasantly surprised with him. Hopefully he continues to play well

I would wager a guess the Rangers won’t be the team to be giving him his next deal so not sure his QO matters much

Why not? Believe it or not Lindgren could easily have gotten 4-5m on the open market this year. He is also looking to add offense it seems with how is play has evolved and his constant work ethic. If we can get Lindgren at 5m at his next contract i think will be a good deal for both sides.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Why not? Believe it or not Lindgren could easily have gotten 4-5m on the open market this year. He is also looking to add offense it seems with how is play has evolved and his constant work ethic. If we can get Lindgren at 5m at his next contract i think will be a good deal for both sides.

Lindgren at 5M on his next deal, which could be long term, will almost definitely end up very poorly

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Having a 2 and 3 is pretty irrelevant to this conversation. I said they didn't really have to do anything. Trading a 2 and a 3 for one of the top prospects in hockey at the time (Who literally would only agree to come here) falls into the category of not really having to do anything. It doesn't matter that they traded to get those specific picks, you are literally given picks as a participation trophy in the NHL. Having a 2 and a 3 available at some point is the participation trophy of GMing not some kind of testament to skill. Not to mention like...yea I'm aware they had picks to trade for the guy they barely needed to trade picks to get. Cool.

Imagine bragging "Our GM is real good. He did x, x and x...oh and he even had a 2 and a 3 once! Why would you bring that up as if it was at all any indication of GM skill?

I literally said there were other players, why are you telling me something I said myself?

This was a weird response lol

I feel like my response might piss you off but it's like idk wtf do you want me to say. It's like you didn't read what I wrote and then started telling me a bunch of stuff that falls into the category of "Well yea...no shit" as some kind of gotcha.

I was just stating facts. You seemed to be highlighting Gorton's bad moves and downplaying what he did well. Gorton negotiated the trade for Fox right? I know he had leverage but giving up a second and third is still pretty decent for a potential norris candidate. One of the best Ranger trades ever, along with the Nash trade that netted Strome, Miller, and Lindgren and Mika for Brassard trade, all of them involving Gorton.

Chalfdiggity3

Feb 4, 2010
NJ
Lindgren at 5M on his next deal, which could be long term, will almost definitely end up very poorly

He is 23 yo and will be 26 when he is due for a next contract. He has only gotten better every year and has been adding offense. If you think he wont be worth 5m per for like 4 years on his next contract then im really glad youre not the gm. Lindgren is easily a top 4 defenseman on most teams and you are undervaluing him.

This is not marc staal or dan girardi at 32 years old with a beaten and run down body bc of Torts. Get your shit together

Reactions: ponzu4u

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
He is 23 yo and will be 26 when he is due for a next contract. He has only gotten better every year and has been adding offense. If you think he wont be worth 5m per for like 4 years on his next contract then im really glad youre not the gm. Lindgren is easily a top 4 defenseman on most teams and you are undervaluing him.

This is not marc staal or dan girardi at 32 years old with a beaten and run down body bc of Torts. Get your shit together

If it were up to him no one on this team would be older than 23.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island

Lindgren looks like someone who is going to age well to you? A guy who plays very physical and is constantly getting beat up? There is no chance I am ever giving him a deal longer than 2-3 years. I do not think he will be worth 5M for 4 years either. The history of moderately expensive long term deals for pure defensive defenseman is not very good. He's not adding offense either. He's playing with Adam Fox which boosts his numbers. He had 5 primary points all year.

If it were up to him no one on this team would be older than 23.

How is this true? I think they should re-sign Zibanejad. He will be 29. I would also like to re-sign Buchnevich however unfortunately I don't think it makes sense given the teams current cap structure and wing depth. Older players generally provide great value on short term deals too because they go undervalued because nobody wants them because they are old (Like Spezza for example - not that he was willing to come here).

Last edited:

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
I don’t understand how Lindgren does not have an A on his jersey. What a warrior. Honestly he should have been named Rangers captain. He is a real leader on this team. I’d lock him up long term. RFA in 24-25.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
I don’t understand how Lindgren does not have an A on his jersey. What a warrior. Honestly he should have been named Rangers captain. He is a real leader on this team. I’d lock him up long term. RFA in 24-25.
yeah, he was my choice for a Captain.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
People keep saying there’s no way we should keep him any longer than this contract because of how many injuries he endured but plays through. They’ve been saying this for years but every night he still has 3 injuries that look like they should keep him out for 20 games and he still just keeps playing as if nothing happened lol. He shows more heart than the rest of the team combined and he should’ve been named captain. Should be a Ranger for life, he’s built different he’s never going to break down. Even when he’s 90 with dementia, he’ll just pop in a Neurolink and be good to go.

bbny

Unregistered User
Apr 12, 2019
People keep saying there’s no way we should keep him any longer than this contract because of how many injuries he endured but plays through. They’ve been saying this for years but every night he still has 3 injuries that look like they should keep him out for 20 games and he still just keeps playing as if nothing happened lol. He shows more heart than the rest of the team combined and he should’ve been named captain. Should be a Ranger for life, he’s built different he’s never going to break down. Even when he’s 90 with dementia, he’ll just pop in a Neurolink and be good to go.

100%. This guy stays before I give Miller a bag.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad