GDT: #3| Tampa Bay Lightning @ New York Islanders | September 11th | 8:00 PM | F/W 5-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
This would be an excellent time for MDC to pay some dividends for that #5 overall pick.

Reactions: mm11

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Got a good feelin' about tonight

giphy.gif

IslesCLT

Apr 25, 2019
Charlotte
Just need to take the next step...

1-terrible blowout loss
2-heartbreaking loss in the final seconds
3-has to be a win, right?

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
Just need to take the next step...

1-terrible blowout loss
2-heartbreaking loss in the final seconds
3-has to be a win, right?

Still can't decide whether 1 or 2 was a more brutal loss. I guess it depends if you derive any joy from having hope throughout the game versus just being put out of your misery.

One thing I will say though, it's nice to suffer brutal losses in a weird way because it means we are playing in high stakes games. All good teams suffer them. There were no brutal losses for decades except for ping pong balls at the draft lottery.

Reactions: attilatheislander

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
I feel they’ll put in a solid effort but get killed by the Tampa PP and lose 3-1 or 4-1. I think they take game 4 but that’s pretty pointless at that stage. If they win tonight I might change my mind but I’m not expecting it

Reactions: Barz1

Poulin 0n My St1ck

Oct 18, 2010
Still can't decide whether 1 or 2 was a more brutal loss. I guess it depends if you derive any joy from having hope throughout the game versus just being put out of your misery.

One thing I will say though, it's nice to suffer brutal losses in a weird way because it means we are playing in high stakes games. All good teams suffer them. There were no brutal losses for decades except for ping pong balls at the draft lottery.

Game 2

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
Have Islanders even attempted an intentional deflection?

It's the best way to beat today's goalies, especially the great ones. Isles have allowed several goals on intentional shot/pass deflections. They don't even try it themselves.

MetsJetsIsles22

Oct 27, 2013

It's the best way to beat today's goalies, especially the great ones. Isles have allowed several goals on intentional shot/pass deflections. They don't even try it themselves.
they constantly attempt a slap pass, which rarely has worked as of late

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC

And our Captain feasts on knocking shots down out of the air.

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
And our Captain feasts on knocking shots down out of the air.

Yet they are dead set on doing the play down low to him at the goal line on the PP and it isn't working. Vasy is way too good down there and it's often in Hedman's corner. Plus, Lee is just too slow and not versatile enough to make it work.

Honestly, the triangle of Leddy-Barzal-Lee on the PP is pretty frustrating. Barzy can obviously create space but standing still limits his biggest asset and they just clog up all the passing lanes. Then Leddy gets the puck and can never gain tempo with it. Leddy has limited ability to gain tempo in the offensive zone. We need more shooting options of course, but we also need to get better wristers and snap shots toward the goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad