GDT: #3| Tampa Bay Lightning @ New York Islanders | September 11th | 8:00 PM | F/W 5-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrockLobster

Feb 11, 2013
Long Beach, NY
Oh, I know you. Sort of. In a virtual sense. In any event, my bad.

Still, when you state with certainty that it WAS a high stick I don't know how you can come to that conclusion. And, I think you would agree, many, if not most, posters here simply are not capable of watching everything that happens on the ice with at least some objectivity. Apparently we're the only team being subjected to cross checks, slashes, trips and all manner of cheap shots and unfair and missed calls without taking any ourselves.

Idk. I rarely complain about refs. But i watched that replay 10x and that stick seems clearly over crossbar. Ive been wrong before though. Just my opinion.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
If I’d have to guess why Trotz is reluctant to play him... I’d say positioning.

Not that I can really tell if and when Johnston is out of positioning, but Trotz can. Trotz knows exactly where and when he wants his players. maybe Johnston has missed some reads?

Not advocating for Johnston to play or sit, just trying to give a reasonable guess to your question.
I think this is the answer to a lot of personnel decisions that are complained about by fans. Trotz' system depends on 100% buy-in and execution. So we complain that a guy isn't DOING anything, but maybe Trotz see him doing exactly what he wants him to do. And conversely, we remember a few plays where a guy did do something right, and Trotz remembers the few other plays where he did something wrong.

Reactions: TMI

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Game 4 is going to be chippy. If Point is out again, the Isles need to get the PP going. It will make the difference in the series IMO

Whether Point is in or out, they need to get that PP going; at least to some extent. The skill is already stacked against them, down 2-1, if their special teams do not improve, they are only digging that hole deeper.

Joedoggy

Feb 7, 2017
Too much "tick tack toe on the P.P." ...shoot the puck.......as Greise said on goaltending.."not brain surgery..just stop the puck......Maybe a little less thinking moving it around...plenty of shooters on the ice + 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->