GDT: #3| Tampa Bay Lightning @ New York Islanders | September 11th | 8:00 PM | F/W 5-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING AT NEW YORK ISLANDERS

7a35d2ff-dc95-4627-8cb4-d8aca0fd8e24_500.jpg

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Play the same way. Do that to win; 7 seconds away from a position of 1-1.

Not sold on Varly, Trotz will 'status quo.'

I give Brassard another go; he's been good enough, Tampa is still soft.

Duanesutter12

Member of Lou's Orchestra
Jul 8, 2013
Hong Kong
We're taking this game and momentum shifts from here on out!! Ross the Boss is back in the lineup crushing bones and avenging the liberties taken with Reverend Nelson (without taking a penalty). Brassard comes back and has an assist. LGI!!!!!

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Varly reminds me of Halak lately. General uneasiness if the save will be made.

1 win in the last 5 games.

let’s make it 2 in 6.

LGI

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
The series is not over, just got to win tonight, and it is 2-1. Someone needs to be a hero. Hopefully Varly or Greiss. Whomever is in the line up all need to contribute, there are no room for passengers. Most did deliver in game 2, I would argue the better team lost. Just have to play as well if not better in game 2. Isles hockey, make it difficult on the Lightning. One thing we need to see, is the Isles exposing those plugs Bogosian or Schenn this series. This is why I want to put Eberle with Pageau or some offensive winger lower in the line up since one of those plugs will be playing the lower lines. Trotz is an Adams caliber coach, time to see him outcoach Cooper. I think Cooper has had the edge thus far in the series.

Reactions: GrandmaSlices51631

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island
Think the ES lines could use some tinkering. Would put Beauvillier up with Barzal instead of Eberle - Barzy needs someone he can connect with so he's not dancing in circles without support - whatever chemistry he had with Ebs is nonexistent at the moment. And please no Ladd tonight, we could use Brassard's skills and wheels.

Wouldn't mind a defense shuffle either, but we know that's not going to happen.

Either way, especially if Point is out, Islanders need to take this one. 5-2.

LFGI

Reactions: The Winter Soldier

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
We had them on the ropes last game. The fourth line brought out their inner goon, it will happen again. All the talk about their toughening up is proving to be BS. If we play like last game again, they will lose.

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
This day sucks and it's hard to focus on a game that hardly matters in the scheme of things. Feels a bit weird to cheer while remembering being so close and there's still so many reverberating issues that people suffer today.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
This day sucks and it's hard to focus on a game that hardly matters in the scheme of things. Feels a bit weird to cheer while remembering being so close and there's still so many reverberating issues that people suffer today.

I totally get it and feel similarly, but I also remember how much sports can help. One of my favorite sports moments ever.

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island
Having multiple personal ties to this day, I can completely understand this sentiment. I do think it’s possible, however, that we can acknowledge and respect what the moment means to us and simultaneously allow ourselves to enjoy the things that have brought us joy through our darkest moments.

As PK said, as silly as the physical and emotional energy we put into our sports teams is, and despite them seeming meaningless on the surface, they have a tremendous power to bring a light back into our darkness, to let us feel hope when we are empty, and to let us get away from reality when we need a break. I think it’s okay for us to feel many things on this day, and feeling love towards something that is important to us is exactly what helps anyone get through hard times.

Again, completely understand why it’s still difficult to feel that today. But I always think we should allow ourselves to smile. Except Kucherov, I’d like to see him a little sad today. ;)

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Alright. hoping the isles can scratch and claw their way back in,make series of it.
Let's go Isles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad