Post-Game Talk: 3 Stars @STL

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
People also need to have realistic expectations for Debrincat. Even with this "funk", hes on pace for like 40 goals and 80 points. If he didnt hit this "funk" he woulda been pacing for like 65 goals at one point. Just not realistic for a guy to keep that up all season long unless youre prime Ovechkin
And even prime Ovy had some really good guys feeding to him.

DBC is more of a dots/perimeter sniper. You need guys to get you the puck in those areas cleanly to be effective. The wings have a ton of guys that can do that.

I think he's grippin a bit tight too but as I said, I think we'll see his goals come back as Kane gets up to speed. When Larks was healthy they were great. Then Larks got beat up some and those passes/skating weren't quite as crisp. Plus teams adjusted to our PP. DBC has been playmaking more because teams are closing off his lanes.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Kane has been fine, although looking a little rusty as expected. Been firing it off the post. Definitely trending well right now for when he's at full game speed.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Umm... you might want to read that sentence again. ;)

Why? Most of the guys on our team are not legit offensive guys that would normally be expected to score lots of goals.

People also need to have realistic expectations for Debrincat. Even with this "funk", hes on pace for like 40 goals and 80 points. If he didnt hit this "funk" he woulda been pacing for like 65 goals at one point. Just not realistic for a guy to keep that up all season long unless youre prime Ovechkin

I get that the hot start was more than he would normally score, but that doesn't mean it is ok to go 21 games with only 4 goals. That is a slump no matter what way you slice it.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Why? Most of the guys on our team are not legit offensive guys that would normally be expected to score lots of goals.

I get that the hot start was more than he would normally score, but that doesn't mean it is ok to go 21 games with only 4 goals. That is a slump no matter what way you slice it.
A slump thats left him on pace for 40 goals and 80 points. You would rather him be less streaky sure, but at the end of the day hes still productive. He'll get hot again

Sentinel

May 26, 2009
New Jersey
www.vvinenglish.com
I’m starting to get a bit concerned with DBC not showing up on the scoreboard. I don’t expect him to keep the pace without his center but it would be nice if he could show up and drive a line or even pot a few. PP has been rough though so I think that has a lot to do with it.
Debrincat reminds me of Slava Kozlov. A bona fide sniper who is utterly useless without a bona fide center.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Kozlov had some of his best seasons with Atlanta that never had a good center.
I think some fans just don't get that just because a coaching staff doesn't allow the player to do what they do, ie score, that doesn't make them bad players. You just have to find a fit for them.

Hudler in '14-'15 outscored Z and Pavel. In the regular season and playoffs.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Kozlov had some of his best seasons with Atlanta that never had a good center.

Think Kozlov was a center for his entire Atlanta-days.

Atlanta also had Marc Savard for a short stint who was able to score 97 point-season, equal to Datsyuk's career-high season and more than Z ever scored.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad