Post-Game Talk: 3 Stars @STL

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Stars:
1. Veleno
2. Raymond
3. Fabbri

Scapegoat:
Husso. I think he has decent potential, but he still looks a half-step behind the play. If he's not seeing a sports psychologist, maybe now's the time to book an appointment. It's just a thought.

Final thoughts:
Huge win by the boys tonight! They showed perseverance, and pushed to get the win despite missing four players from our lineup. Another big game against the Canes is coming up. Here's hope that we build on this win.

Husso already wasn't playing well this season, but he is developing a new trend of giving up very quick goals after just giving up a goal. I think he is completely rattled right now.

I am also shocked that we can score so many goals this season without that much true offensive firepower.

Neither are fine. They are not among 3 stars nor HM.
The kids carried out the victory.

What do you mean? Kane has looked quite good in all 4 games, both in his movement/skating and creating chances.

Reactions: newfy and Realgud

dj4aces

An Intricate Piece of Infinity
Dec 17, 2007
Duluth, GA
Husso already wasn't playing well this season, but he is developing a new trend of giving up very quick goals after just giving up a goal. I think he is completely rattled right now.

Hence the thought of a sports psychologist. I've heard of other players seeing one, whether it be hockey or any other sport, and it turn their game around. The same could be true of Husso.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Hence the thought of a sports psychologist. I've heard of other players seeing one, whether it be hockey or any other sport, and it turn their game around. The same could be true of Husso.

For me, he has struggled long enough back to December last year on, that to me it is his pretty poor glove and blocker sides that are the bigger issue. He lets a lot of shots in the mid range area that even some of the weaker NHL goalies make look easy. If he wasn't sound positionally he wouldn't even be in the NHL.

CanadaIsIrrelevant

Mar 20, 2011
Sweden
giphy.gif

crashnburnluder

Dec 19, 2010
anyone putting Kane on a Scapegoat list should just delete their account... Its his 4th game, in which he was supposed to be sitting because he is fresh off a surgery not many have come back from after 6 months. Kane is easily one of the top 3 players on our team every night so far.

crashnburnluder

Dec 19, 2010
Neither are fine. They are not among 3 stars nor HM.
The kids carried out the victory.
So your saying Kane is lacking after 6 months off on a night he wasn't even supposed to skate but they put him in because he is recovering faster then anyone has from this surgery ever... talk about an awful take lol.... Kane has 2 points in 4, multiple posts and doing it all while we were supposed to limit his minutes but instead we he is stepping up because of our situation... man what a stupid take.... I get DB, but Kane... that's beyond laughable

I had to go back and Edit: The only guys on our team not making more or an RFA are... Fischer and Sprong.... If you think Kane and his 2 points in 4, 14 shots, and improving our PP entries, puck control. Do you think Fischer and Sprong are more valuable then Kane lol...

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Reactions: 14ari13

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Kane has the best 5-on-5 xGF% from last 4 games.

0 goals scored at 5-on-5 with DeBrincat. That's just bad puck luck.

Goals are gonna come.
And that's during the timeframe when he's supposed to still be getting back into game shape and acclimating to a new team.

We're a long way from truly knowing about his physical durability after the surgery. But I'm incredibly encouraged by his play thus far.

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
And that's during the timeframe when he's supposed to still be getting back into game shape and acclimating to a new team.

We're a long way from truly knowing about his physical durability after the surgery. But I'm incredibly encouraged by his play thus far.
Agreed. His timing isn't quite 100% yet and that is an issue for cerebral players like Kane. Give him another week or so and I think we'll start to see a lot of those plays that are just slightly off start to connect.

As for DBC he has been in a funk, but I think he isn't really a line driver. His goal scoring game is based on getting into soft spots and not having the puck. If you don't have the right playmaker with him, he isn't going to score a ton. With that said, despite being taken off of Larks line, he is still our leading points getter. His playmaking has been better than advertised.

I think his PP goals and overall scoring will start to go up once Kane gets going a bit more. He can find those seams better than anyone else on this team.

As an aside. I am really happy to see Ray starting to develop into a line driver. I am really hoping this team with Kane can show him how you can still really control the play from the wing. Few wingers are really line drivers in this league, so it would be huge if Ray can continue developing there.

Reactions: jkutswings

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
1. Veleno - making the case for being a long-term part of the team.
2. Raymond - putting his sophomore campaign firmly in the rear view mirror.
3. Fabbri - nice game against his former team.

Reactions: raymond23

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Veleno
Raymond
Rasmussen

Spacegoat - apparently Berube
Real Spacegoat - Husso. Goaltending could prove to be the feature that this team lacks in a major way.

Reactions: PelagicJoe

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
Reimer doesn't totally suck and has been fine this season. He didn't look good against Ottawa in Sweden but otherwise fine. Husso is the only one that has been downright bad this season.
Did you not watch the Dallas game?!

Reimer got off to a decent start, but the last few games he has started, he has been bad, real bad and with some real head scratcher type bone head plays. I include his Florida start with that too, because the goal he did give up was terrible.

Reactions: jaster

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Did you not watch the Dallas game?!

Reimer got off to a decent start, but the last few games he has started, he has been bad, real bad and with some real head scratcher type bone head plays. I include his Florida start with that too, because the goal he did give up was terrible.
Seconded. Reimer is bad. And I would even say Reimer looked bad earlier in the year too, but just lucked into some decent numbers in a small sample size. Everytime I watch him and his technique I cringe.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Seconded. Reimer is bad. And I would even say Reimer looked bad earlier in the year too, but just lucked into some decent numbers in a small sample size. Everytime I watch him and his technique I cringe.
Husso and Reimer look bad 75% of the time to me. Lyon looks OK. We really need to trade for a goalie soon, and I would be pretty surprised if we make it to the TDL without doing so.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Husso and Reimer look bad 75% of the time to me. Lyon looks OK. We really need to trade for a goalie soon, and I would be pretty surprised if we make it to the TDL without doing so.
Yeah, I tend to agree. No reason to think Husso is going to suddenly become a goalie at this point. I mean, he could, but it doesn't seem likely. Reimer just sucks. Lyon has no real track record.

Say we do trade for a real starter.... I wonder how the rest shakes out. Reimer would be easy to waive, or possibly trade for a low pick. Lyon vs Husso for the backup spot? I'd rather have Lyon, but that Husso contract...

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
Yeah, I tend to agree. No reason to think Husso is going to suddenly become a goalie at this point. I mean, he could, but it doesn't seem likely. Reimer just sucks. Lyon has no real track record.

Say we do trade for a real starter.... I wonder how the rest shakes out. Reimer would be easy to waive, or possibly trade for a low pick. Lyon vs Husso for the backup spot? I'd rather have Lyon, but that Husso contract...

I wonder if husso would be part of the deal to clear some salary?

Husso plus pick plus good prospect...? Gibson..Markstrom...Hart...

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Honestly, I think if we had a full lineup in this game, we probably win 5-1. Larkin and Compher's two way play is really starting to be missed more and more by the minute. Hopefully Compher is back thursday and we get that two-way play again.

Don't really care about how we win during this stretch. Just need the points to keep us afloat. Really need to trade husso in a package for markstrom though. That'd be helpful

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
I continue to question who we could trade for. Markström? He’s rocking a .896..

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
anyone putting Kane on a Scapegoat list should just delete their account... Its his 4th game, in which he was supposed to be sitting because he is fresh off a surgery not many have come back from after 6 months. Kane is easily one of the top 3 players on our team every night so far.
Yeah, how anyone can have any issues with how Kane has played so far makes literally 0 sense.

Hes been really good, even with expectations off the surgery being fairly low and having to play more mins than he should with people out.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
As for DBC he has been in a funk, but I think he isn't really a line driver. His goal scoring game is based on getting into soft spots and not having the puck. If you don't have the right playmaker with him, he isn't going to score a ton. With that said, despite being taken off of Larks line, he is still our leading points getter. His playmaking has been better than advertised.

I think his PP goals and overall scoring will start to go up once Kane gets going a bit more. He can find those seams better than anyone else on this team.
People also need to have realistic expectations for Debrincat. Even with this "funk", hes on pace for like 40 goals and 80 points. If he didnt hit this "funk" he woulda been pacing for like 65 goals at one point. Just not realistic for a guy to keep that up all season long unless youre prime Ovechkin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad