Post-Game Talk: 3 Stars @STL

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
I've been pretty critical of Veleno in the past, but he's finally starting to win me over now that he's showing he actually has a brain in that meat suit.

1. Veleno
2. Raymond
3. Fabbri

Realgud

Jersey ads are a disgrace
Nov 4, 2013
realguddraftsimulator.com
1. Veleno (rewarded with 2 points, and that empty net play puts him firmly in the #1 spot)
2. Raymond (orchestrated the 3rd period comeback and that assist on Fabbri's goal was great)
3. Husso (not giving up 5 goals)

Spacegoat: Not sure... no one stood out in a particularly bad way but I saw many soft plays from Gostisbehere that I didn't like so I'll go with him.

wingerdinger

Oct 21, 2018
proud of the boys going through a lot of adversity atm, tough road win against a desperate st louis team.

DatsDeking

Jun 25, 2013
My picks too.

Spacegoat: Debrincat. He disappears for long stretches.

Raymond is a star

DBC hasn’t done much for a while now
I’m starting to get a bit concerned with DBC not showing up on the scoreboard. I don’t expect him to keep the pace without his center but it would be nice if he could show up and drive a line or even pot a few. PP has been rough though so I think that has a lot to do with it.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Veleno
Raymond
Rasmussen

scapegoat Husso. Holy f*** is he bad. This dude is on his way to a league minimum contract after this one.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Veleno
Raymond
Fabbri

This is another one of those games where you watch and think ok, Raymond is a different player. You just need him to produce if you have any chance of winning with Larkin and Compher out and he had 2 points. At one point he was taking a shift with Czarnik as his center for gods sake.

Veleno earned his first star, but this is just another one out of Raymond that has to make you comfortable with his cance of being a star

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
Good to get Kane of the hook and get a win with him. The longer it took, the more people would of questioned the addition, despite his play.

Man, what I would give to trade for a stud tender. This team just needs a guy who can bail us out two to three times a period, and we win a lot of games. Husso might be able for a period, but sooner or later the roof caves in on him for a while. Reimer totally sucks, and for some reason, the coaches are scared to overplay Lyon.

Last edited:

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
Another note, a Larkin injury in the past 5 years was a death sentence for this team. Nice to see us score 9 on a road back to back without him. Good that we finally have some decent talent on this team that can cobble up some points while he is down.

With that said, get healthy quick Dylan and JT. Want to see this team at full strength with Kane, Wings can be a problem(especially if we can get something decent in net).

Reactions: DatsDeking

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
I won't bother with in order ranking. But Veleno, Ras, Raymond, and Seider have been great and deserve the honors.

Ras seems to have turned it on the past 7-9 days. Probably fully rehab'd from his injury. Veleno has been a awesome surprise this entire year. He has really turned his play by like 2-3 notches. Raymond went from a 55ish point winger to now being on pace for almost 70 so far this season. And Seider is running through his trial by fire and producing great this year. Needs to tighten up his own end a little but dammit year 3, #1d, and both our top 6 centers are out with injuries.

The boys are doing great with the pressures being put upon them this year. And to conclude screw Ottawa, can't wait for the next crack at them.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Beauty shift by Veleno to secure the win at the end!!!

1 - Veleno
2 - Ras - Wish we saw more of this
3 - Fabbri

Kane looked fine and is creating chances

Cat is what he is, a streaky scorer...he'll get hot again

4 in his last 21. That is a long dry spell for any goal scorer. He needs to get going, streaky or not.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Good to get Kane of the hook and get a win with him. The longer it took, the more people would of questioned the addition, despite his play.

Man, what I would give to trade for a stud tender. This team just needs a guy who can bail us out two to three times a period, and we win a lot of games. Husso might be able for a period, but sooner or later the roof caves in on him for a while. Reimer totally sucks, and for some reason, the coaches are scared to overplay Lyon.

Reimer doesn't totally suck and has been fine this season. He didn't look good against Ottawa in Sweden but otherwise fine. Husso is the only one that has been downright bad this season.

dj4aces

An Intricate Piece of Infinity
Dec 17, 2007
Duluth, GA
Stars:
1. Veleno
2. Raymond
3. Fabbri

Scapegoat:
Husso. I think he has decent potential, but he still looks a half-step behind the play. If he's not seeing a sports psychologist, maybe now's the time to book an appointment. It's just a thought.

Final thoughts:
Huge win by the boys tonight! They showed perseverance, and pushed to get the win despite missing four players from our lineup. Another big game against the Canes is coming up. Here's hope that we build on this win.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad