GDT: #3: Sharks 8 at FLYERS 2, Tuesday, Oct. 9, 2018, 7:00 p.m. ET

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
The booing is cringe worthy and a bad look.

Meh. They play in an entertainment industry and the organization has a fanbase to answer to ultimately. Also really hard for me to feel bad for people who make millions playing a game for a living, let alone ones who are bad at it. I wouldn’t care either way personally. I’m not the type to draw attention to myself like that in public though.

Reactions: RespectTheProvorov

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
You are dodging a very relevant point of my response. We put him on waivers a few years ago and not ONE team was willing to take him for $2.5 million a year. Plus you can't change my mind about him. He is terrible. Sometimes advanced stats can't account for everything.

How do you get $2.5M a year? His salary is $5M a year.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Why should it give me pause?
If he wants to shut me up, go out and play up to his talent.
Flaming me (I doubt it's real, b/c he'd never live it down if the mainstream media caught on that he was flaming fans on a message board) is funny, but it certainly doesn't bother me.

And I don't have a lot of sympathy for athletes who make more in one year than I'll make in my lifetime, and who haven't worked as hard as I have.
Truth is, most of them have been spoiled rotten since their early teens and have never faced the kind of adversity that real people have to deal with, so if they can't take a little criticism, who cares?

Fight, fight, fight, fight,fight ...

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Meh. They play in an entertainment industry and the organization has a fanbase to answer to ultimately. Also really hard for me to feel bad for people who make millions playing a game for a living, let alone ones who are bad at it. I wouldn’t care either way personally. I’m not the type to draw attention to myself like that in public though.

onlylordsvsmorebp

HEAVYHOCKEY ENTHUSIAST
Dec 27, 2011
VAN ISLE CANADA
Great movie my fav of all time.

th (7).jpg

watched it as a little kid....to this day it haunts me whenever i go near the water....i go up to my knees and im looking for that dorsal!

FlyersMania2

#FireHakstol
Jul 4, 2007
NJ
He is. For all the hate Hak gets, Hextall absolutely adores him. Imo anyway.

Hextall gets his fair share of criticism on here but he has a pedastool to fall from where as Hakstol was already on a down-to-earth level to Flyers fans so it was much easier for him to lose our favor. I am not a Hextall apologist, I do agree he has failed to take away Hak's toys and I often wonder if his ego of "I'm in charge" makes him see Hak through rose-colored glasses

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
Go Gritty.

Screw everybody else
While I do want the Flyers to win, I share in this sentiment.

A best bud, since 1st grade, is in town visiting his mom from ATL. Asked if I wanted to go to the game, which was an obvious yes. Then he wants to go early'ish, which for me is out of the norm, because time is a lie. BUT THEN, Gritty. We obviously have to get there early. A) Enjoy Gritty in all that is offered, 2) boo AMac.

I can't wait for the Flyers to take my money in exchange for a Gritty t-shirt! (Or plushie?!?!?!?!)

FlyersMania2

#FireHakstol
Jul 4, 2007
NJ
I’ll be more pissed if they boo Macdonald but cheer Hak.

They did it last year.

I am sorry what is Danko talking about here? This is freaking Philadelphia. AMac has already earned the right to be boo'd and so has Hakstol by scratching Gudas for Folin, putting Folin with AMac and JORI LEHTERA. If you aren't demanding your GM give you anyone to replace Jori, you're a moron. He likes having Jori around

Reactions: Stizzle

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
Seriously - if people boo MacDonald or Hak during introductions tonight I will be pissed off. Say what you will about both of them but its a **** thing to do at home at the start of a new season.
Hello, if you're interested, I'd gladly take a bribe not to boo these fellows at the game tonite. I will be in attendance tonite, and fully intend to loudly boo. PM me and we can negotiate my silence for these replacement level individuals.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I am sorry what is Danko talking about here? This is freaking Philadelphia. AMac has already earned the right to be boo'd and so has Hakstol by scratching Gudas for Folin, putting Folin with AMac and JORI LEHTERA. If you aren't demanding your GM give you anyone to replace Jori, you're a moron. He likes having Jori around

Who was he going to get to replace Lehtera?
The only free agents that were better cost $3-4M a year on 3-4 year contracts. That would be pretty stupid for a 4C with Frost and Rubtsov in the pipeline.
Knight is injured.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
The booing is cringe worthy and a bad look.

I fully support any booing of Hakstol during introductions. He 100% deserves it and sends a message to management.

Hello, if you're interested, I'd gladly take a bribe not to boo these fellows at the game tonite. I will be in attendance tonite, and fully intend to loudly boo. PM me and we can negotiate my silence for these replacement level individuals.

Good man.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
That crowd barely cheers for goals thats how much they hate the team. Its bad now and it will only get worse will garbage on the ice and in control of the team.

flyersfan187

Dec 4, 2007
Morrisdale, PA
It is a new season and a fresh start. No reason to boo anyone yet and if I was a Flyer player hearing my teammates get booed a lot I am sure that would make me play not as well as normal.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
It is a new season and a fresh start. No reason to boo anyone yet and if I was a Flyer player hearing my teammates get booed a lot I am sure that would make me play not as well as normal.

MacDonald and Hakstol have already earned a good booing if they receive one, and any player who would turn in a crappier performance because of that deserves to be booed too.

FlyersMania2

#FireHakstol
Jul 4, 2007
NJ
Who was he going to get to replace Lehtera?
The only free agents that were better cost $3-4M a year on 3-4 year contracts. That would be pretty stupid for a 4C with Frost and Rubtsov in the pipeline.
Knight is injured.

Needed to put that in bold for good measure and reference to any future debates about players as your credibility is now null

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Big talkers, but no one can actually suggest anyone.
Knight beat out Lehtera but got injured.
Hextall and Hakstol want Laughton at LW, that was clear all preseason.
So what other centers are in the organization that are better than Lehtera (right now).
And what center could the Flyers have signed who would have been better, at what price?

"Anyone" is not an answer, it's just pissing in the wind.

FlyersMania2

#FireHakstol
Jul 4, 2007
NJ
Big talkers, but no one can actually suggest anyone.
Knight beat out Lehtera but got injured.
Hextall and Hakstol want Laughton at LW, that was clear all preseason.
So what other centers are in the organization that are better than Lehtera (right now).
And what center could the Flyers have signed who would have been better, at what price?

"Anyone" is not an answer, it's just pissing in the wind.

Anyone. ANYONE. Put Dave Hakstol in or let banged-up Neuvy play instead. I am actually suggesting literally ANYONE

Reactions: Ruck Over

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad