GDT: #3: Sharks 8 at FLYERS 2, Tuesday, Oct. 9, 2018, 7:00 p.m. ET

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
View attachment 145097 View attachment 145099
5324183_philadelphia-flyers-breaking-news-voracek_935a156e_m.gif

A life wasn’t given but a **** you was.

Holy shit this is amazing.

Even more amazing is it won't even give deadhead a seconds pause haha.

Jake, does Hakstok ask you too shot more? Or does he tell you to just chip it into the corner after a controlled zone entry? The people need to know!

Also stay away from your mom's cooking.

Love you.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Why should it give me pause?
If he wants to shut me up, go out and play up to his talent.
Flaming me (I doubt it's real, b/c he'd never live it down if the mainstream media caught on that he was flaming fans on a message board) is funny, but it certainly doesn't bother me.

And I don't have a lot of sympathy for athletes who make more in one year than I'll make in my lifetime, and who haven't worked as hard as I have.
Truth is, most of them have been spoiled rotten since their early teens and have never faced the kind of adversity that real people have to deal with, so if they can't take a little criticism, who cares?

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
If he wants to shut me up, go out and play up to his talent.
Flaming me (I doubt it's real, b/c he'd never live it down if the mainstream media caught on that he was flaming fans on a message board) is funny, but it certainly doesn't bother me.

And I don't have a lot of sympathy for athletes who make more in one year than I'll make in my lifetime, and who haven't worked as hard as I have.
Truth is, most of them have been spoiled rotten since their early teens and have never faced the kind of adversity that real people have to deal with, so if they can't take a little criticism, who cares?

Deadhead deadhead deadhead

Is there any one on the planet that could give you pause?

Maybe you were just pampered from childhood and your spoiled inflated ego will never allow any self reflection.

Nah, couldn't be it, everybody else in your life is wrong. (Let's be honest we both know you act the exact same way in the rest of your life as you do here.)

@Captain Dave Poulin can you please gif Jakes face onto the girl from the Brady Bunch saying "Marsha Marsha Marsha"

Sorry I don't know her name, I'm sure you thought she was a total babe 50 years ago. I'm sure she was I was just born after colour TV was invented so don't rain down your fury on me.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Nothing to do with ego, but being flamed on twitter (which I don't follow) is like, so what?
I hurt his feelings? Gee, I'm crushed!

It's not like I accused him of being a pedophile, I didn't even accuse him of dogging it, I just pointed out that he played like crap the first two games of the season, which isn't exactly a state secret. I'm sure he's quite aware of this, if he's been watching game film.

If he wants to use my comments as motivation, more power to him.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Nothing to do with ego, but being flamed on twitter (which I don't follow) is like, so what?
I hurt his feelings? Gee, I'm crushed!

It's not like I accused him of being a pedophile, I didn't even accuse him of dogging it, I just pointed out that he played like crap the first two games of the season, which isn't exactly a state secret. I'm sure he's quite aware of this, if he's been watching game film.

If he wants to use my comments as motivation, more power to him.
Should have let him have it way more.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Deadhead deadhead deadhead

Is there any one on the planet that could give you pause?

Maybe you were just pampered from childhood and your spoiled inflated ego will never allow any self reflection.

Nah, couldn't be it, everybody else in your life is wrong. (Let's be honest we both know you act the exact same way in the rest of your life as you do here.)

@Captain Dave Poulin can you please gif Jakes face onto the girl from the Brady Bunch saying "Marsha Marsha Marsha"

Sorry I don't know her name, I'm sure you thought she was a total babe 50 years ago. I'm sure she was I was just born after colour TV was invented so don't rain down your fury on me.

I did kind of like Jan, but only because I thought she would be easy - she wasn't a total babe, though.

FlyersMania2

#FireHakstol
Jul 4, 2007
NJ
We have no idea, since we don't know if any trade offers were made.
For one thing, Hextall may have not been interested, the salary is sunk costs and he doesn't need the cap room the next two years.

Corsica had MacDonald ranked 128 among defenseman last year, so others don't think he's "trash."
He's the kind of veteran defensemen you find on practically every playoff team, Ron Hainsey, Dion Phaneuf, Dan Girardi, Dan Hamhuis, Andy Greene, etc.
Most don't look good on advanced stats, but coaches all around the league find them PT.

You are dodging a very relevant point of my response. We put him on waivers a few years ago and not ONE team was willing to take him for $2.5 million a year. Plus you can't change my mind about him. He is terrible. Sometimes advanced stats can't account for everything.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
You are dodging a very relevant point of my response. We put him on waivers a few years ago and not ONE team was willing to take him for $2.5 million a year. Plus you can't change my mind about him. He is terrible. Sometimes advanced stats can't account for everything.
Just a heads up, the claiming team would absorb his full salary/cap hit. So it would be 5 million, not 2.5.

FlyersMania2

#FireHakstol
Jul 4, 2007
NJ
Just a heads up, the claiming team would absorb his full salary/cap hit. So it would be 5 million, not 2.5.

Are you sure? Even on return waivers (i.e. calling him back up)?

Either way - that still means no other team thought he was worth $5M. No one had a need for a D player of the $5M caliber (though he isn't) on their blue line. That's food for thought

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
Are you sure? Even on return waivers (i.e. calling him back up)?

Either way - that still means no other team thought he was worth $5M. No one had a need for a D player of the $5M caliber (though he isn't) on their blue line. That's food for thought
Yeah, reentry waivers aren't a thing anymore in the new CBA.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
The booing is cringe worthy and a bad look.
Those two are unquestionablely bad. For someone who invests a lot into this team they deserve to get booed being the worst at what they do. I’m not sure I would boo them but I’m ok with them getting booed. The only player i booed in that scenario was Bryz bc he destroyed our team.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
Hartnell should retweet to Jake saying "thanks for showing me how to shoot"

Reactions: tymed

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
You should also boo Hextall if you're gonna boo those two guys. He's the reason Hak is still the coach and MacDonald is on the roster.

Reactions: Wellwood

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad