GDT: #3: Sharks 8 at FLYERS 2, Tuesday, Oct. 9, 2018, 7:00 p.m. ET

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I can hear the Jaws theme in my head already.

Hakstol will coach this team like he doesn’t have any guts.

jaws.gif

It would be great if Capt could do a Hakstol version of this.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
You just wrote the opposite of this. Proven commodities are expected to play at a higher level. Then just said it’s ok Mac duck as a proven commodity cause he will get to the 6-7 d-man level after some games

All a "proven commodity" means is a player has a track record, some have a better track record than others.

Hagg and Sanheim aren't proven commodities, Gudas sorta is, though after last season he's a bit unknown, since he's having to adjust psychologically to the league's enforcement threat.
MacDonald, Ghost and Provorov are proven commodities, that doesn't mean they're the same level of player.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I seriously doubt that's a real account, I hope he has better things to do, like practice his wrist shot. :sarcasm:

But if it's for real, I'm flattered, and hopefully I can light a fire under his butt, someone that talented needs to wake up, realize he only has a half dozen years left to his career, and he doesn't want to wake up at 40 and think "if only I had played the game like Giroux."

Five years ago he looked like he was going to be a borderline HOF player, since then not so much. But there's still time to take that next step up.

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
No, but Hextall could call him up by putting JVR on IR. And call up by NAK by demoting Weise.

I'm not knocking Oskar and I'm glad he's a fixture on this team at age 22, but there's an argument that NAK could be a better NHL player than him. And soon.

Not to be a dick just genuinely curious what your argument would. Oskar has a pretty solid track record at lower levels. What do you see in NAK that makes you think he will end up better?

Foggy14

Sep 13, 2017
Jake, if you're reading this, I love ya buddy, but holy mother of god, what is going on with your shooting?

An 8.25 million dollar man with a shooting percentage of 8.8% last season and 7.9% the year before?

Do you know that you were tied for 355th in the League last season and 378th in 2016-17? Yikes!

I'm sure you're embarrassed and I'm embarrassed for you, too.

Listen, when you're in Cali at the end of the month, stop by the house and we can do a little work in the driveway with this guy. Whadayasay?

ShooterTutorII_6d80d5c7-f7c4-4997-a7d7-09ea988ee708_530x@2x.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad