GDT: #3 Part II Devils at Oilers

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'd like to see somebody say our defense is good because we only allow 20 shots per game. I need a laugh right now.

PWiz30

I love to hockey!
Jan 3, 2013
I still haven't actually seen Elias' goal. I was looking down to post when it happened and going to the fridge for a Brunnweiser during the replay

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
Anyways, I think this team (and Greene and Larsson and Fayne) are missing Robinson.

Volch rarely came close to 20 minutes of TOI in Deboer's first season and Fayne was a top-pairing defenseman on a team that went to game 6 of the finals. What's changed? Something better change after this game. We're not gonna win a lot of games with Brodeur in net when we're only icing 2 defensemen capable of playing defense.

Though to be honest I haven't been all that upset with Salvador.

sal's got the experience to understand the game without needing coaching in that regard. the guys you listed though SERIOUSLY need robinson, or someone of his caliber. larsson looked SO good with larry around, but i think hiring stevens was definitely jumping the gun. i understand that you've gotta learn some time, but this season is not the time for learning (though i understand that this whole offseason debacle couldn't have been foreseen). we're in the middle of restructuring, and having a green defensive coach is really hurting us

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
Remember when we got Sal for Cam Jansson straight up?...

well, tonight he's trying to give back all of the lopsidedness of that trade.

RNCDevil

Jun 21, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
Loki's been back checking well this game. He lost it for a play, but the whole team got lazy. Jeezus Salvo. He's had like 14 brain farts. He's been my goat for this game.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
That's it. Team seems to love playing for the shootout. Not sure if they realize that they aren't good at it anymore.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad