GDT: #3 Part II Devils at Oilers

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Honestly I think almost all of the problems with this team can be attributed to one simple fact: The guys are really really slow. If you look at all the goals scored against them I'd bet you'd find a majority were scored due to this fact. Yes, some were boneheaded plays, no doubt (though I'd bet many of those plays are due to the guys being slow as well and trying to make up for it). However, many times guys are just simply getting beat. They are watching guys skate right by them and there is nothing they can do to stop it. You can be in perfect position but if your opponent is 2 or 3 times faster than you hes just going to go by you. I'm not really sure how to remedy this either because there are so many slow guys on the team that you can't just shuffle the lines or trade a couple to fix it. I guess they basically have to be perfect as far as turnovers go and the D basically has to just wait in the defensive zone so they don't get passed by the onrushing opponent.

I couldn't agree more.

The fact that we have two top notch cement skaters on the blueline really doesn't help our cause in that regard.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Our new GDT tradition (until we lose)

Steal the opposing teams GDT and use it as ours. Show others how it sucks to work soo hard on something and just have another team take it from you in a couple of minutes .....

Capt Nico Poo

Holik to HHOF
Nov 7, 2009
Finland
Devils blew 3-0 lead in 3rd and my home team in Finland just blew 2-0 lead in 3rd and lost.... In the shootout... Oh the irony...

Jossipov

Patty's Better
Oct 7, 2010
Bronx, NY
Ya know what....I want something positive to say, to promote the fung shui and align the chi and whatnot...

Patty saved our butts last night from not getting anything, and that was very clutch.
So Elias appreciation bump.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad