Proposal: 3 Oilers Trades BOS/FLA/MTL

Reasonable?

• Yes

• No, what are you smoking?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bobbybruins

Feb 19, 2018
First trade: Value wise I think it's there, but I want to wait 1 more year to see if we can get a healthy year out of Klefbom. A healthy Klefbom is by far the best piece in this trade and everyone would be calling for PC's head again if we traded Klef and he stopped getting injured. Klefbom's shot is a huge asset to us. I don't know what to think of Cagguila + 2nd for Bjork/Donato. I was very impressed with Donato at the Olympics.

To think that Klefbom is the best piece of this trade is flat out wrong. If you thing that Krug would not improve your power play right off the bat with mcdavid and company, your just dreaming. That trade alone would weakens Boston and then you want to add Bjork/Donato to the mix. In one to two years Bjork/Donato each alone will be better then Klefbom. This is and easy no for the Bruins.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
A couple of trades I've thinking about:

First Trade:
Klefbom + 2nd + Caggiula
For
Krug + Bjork/Donato

I've been talking to B's fans and they seem open to a move like this. Makes sense for both sides. It's been discussed a lot so you get the gist of it. Krug is very good offensively and goes to Edmonton, Klefbom is excellent 2 way on a great contract that is valuable to Boston. Bjork or Donato can be switched depending on who you guys view as the better player.

Yeah, when he can stay on the ice. He's played in 72% of the possible games over the last three years. That is horrendous. He's still young, and on a great contract, but what use is he for Boston if he can't stay on the ice? He's had two major shoulder injuries already in his career. Bruins trading Krug for him is a risk alone. I'm sorry but Caggiula + 2nd doesn't feel like enough of an add on to move Krug, especially adding Bjork (because there isn't a chance in hell I'd add Donato to this). Yes, I'm saying that EDM should be the team adding if they want Krug, not Boston throwing in pieces. You want a prospect going the other way? Cehlarik is really the only piece I'd move, and I'd still want something else coming back.

Bobbybruins

Feb 19, 2018
First trade: Value wise I think it's there, but I want to wait 1 more year to see if we can get a healthy year out of Klefbom. A healthy Klefbom is by far the best piece in this trade and everyone would be calling for PC's head again if we traded Klef and he stopped getting injured. Klefbom's shot is a huge asset to us. I don't know what to think of Cagguila + 2nd for Bjork/Donato. I was very impressed with Donato at the Olympics.

To think that Klefbom is the best piece of this trade is flat out wrong. If you thing that Krug would not improve your power play right off the bat with mcdavid and company, your just dreaming. That trade alone would weakens Boston and then you want to add Bjork/Donato to the mix. In one to two years Bjork/Donato each alone will be better then Klefbom. This is and easy no for the Bruins

Bobbybruins

Feb 19, 2018
To think that Klefbom is the best piece of this trade is flat out wrong. If you thing that Krug would not improve your power play right off the bat with mcdavid and company, your just dreaming. That trade alone would weakens Boston and then you want to add Bjork/Donato to the mix. In one to two years Bjork/Donato each alone will be better then Klefbom. This is and easy no for the Bruins

First trade: Value wise I think it's there, but I want to wait 1 more year to see if we can get a healthy year out of Klefbom. A healthy Klefbom is by far the best piece in this trade and everyone would be calling for PC's head again if we traded Klef and he stopped getting injured. Klefbom's shot is a huge asset to us. I don't know what to think of Cagguila + 2nd for Bjork/Donato. I was very impressed with Donato at the Olympics

Conclusion: Edmonton should pass on the first 2 and Lucic and the Habs should pass on the 3rd. The first 2 trades make Edmonton a worse team and the 3rd makes Edmonton better but is unrealistic for many reasons.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
I would do the Montreal trade, but the 1st has to be unprotected.

Lucic would just get a compulsory buyout at the next lockout.

OnanTheBarbarian

May 20, 2018
So, Bruins fans; what would it take to get Bjork from you. Eliminating the krug for Klefbom part of the proposal, what would you guys want just for Bjork? Roster player/prospects/picks?

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
So, Bruins fans; what would it take to get Bjork from you. Eliminating the krug for Klefbom part of the proposal, what would you guys want just for Bjork? Roster player/prospects/picks?
Picks and or prospects won't be of any use for the Bruins since they already have a young NHL-ready prospect with potential in Bjork. I can only see the Bruins moving Bjork in a package for an upgrade, like a Panarin, which I do not think Edmonton has available right now.

OnanTheBarbarian

May 20, 2018
Picks and or prospects won't be of any use for the Bruins since they already have a young NHL-ready prospect with potential in Bjork. I can only see the Bruins moving Bjork in a package for an upgrade, like a Panarin, which I do not think Edmonton has available right now.
Fair enough, though I suspect the add to get a guy like Panarin would be substantial.

Reactions: bruins4thecup65

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Fair enough, though I suspect the add to get a guy like Panarin would be substantial.
I don't think the Bruins will get Panarin, but if a potential deal were to arise for a player like Panarin, Bjork would probably be the 2nd/3rd asset in the deal since he isn't as proven.

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
Chance of Lucic waiving his NMC to go to Montreal? No very high I'd guess.

Also that awful contract is too long for Montreal, maybe if Edmonton eats a million or so.

jellybeans

Nov 9, 2007
A couple of trades I've thinking about:

First Trade:
Klefbom + 2nd + Caggiula
For
Krug + Bjork/Donato

I've been talking to B's fans and they seem open to a move like this. Makes sense for both sides. It's been discussed a lot so you get the gist of it. Krug is very good offensively and goes to Edmonton, Klefbom is excellent 2 way on a great contract that is valuable to Boston. Bjork or Donato can be switched depending on who you guys view as the better player.

Second Trade:
Puljujarvi + Benning + 2nd
For
Tippett + Petrovic

Edmonton gets two wingers that I think would mesh well with our team and a d to play with newly acquired Krug on the 2nd pair. Florida gets back the higher ceiling prospect in Pulju that I think would be dynamite with one of their 2 Finnish centers, Barkov or Borgstrom. They would eliminate the language barrier and I think he'd develop great chemistry with them. Petrovic was on the market and is apparently available for a trade

Third Trade:
Lucic + 1st + Jones
For
Scherbak

(Or take out Jones and make the return Byron?)

The Montreal fans I've talked to over the last little bit have been wanting a rebuild and they accepted this deal.

New Lines:
Nuge-Mcdavid-Tippett
Bjork/Donato-Drai-Yamo
Scherbak/Byron-Strome-Rieder
Khaira-Brodziak-Kassian

Nurse-Larsson
Krug-Petrovic
Sekera-Russel/Bouch/Bear

Dadbot
Koskinen

This is my first proposal thread so don't flame me too hard. If you disagree with the way I have presented my outlook on things then reply with constructive criticism pls. Thanks![/QUOT

As a Habs fan please stop using drugs and posting thank you.

John Bruins

Jul 3, 2018
Bangor, Maine

Sorry, Bjork will be Boston's 3nd line R
Machard Bergeron Pasta
DeBrusk Krejci Backes
Donato Heinen Bjork
##### ##### ####
Defence

Chara McAvoy
Moore Carlo
Krug Mcquaid
Grizelcyk Miller

OnanTheBarbarian

May 20, 2018
Sorry, Bjork will be Boston's 3nd line R
Machard Bergeron Pasta
DeBrusk Krejci Backes
Donato Heinen Bjork
##### ##### ####
Defence

Chara McAvoy
Moore Carlo
Krug Mcquaid
Grizelcyk Miller
But wouldn’t you prefer drake Caggiula and Ostap Safin (who is also from the Czech Republic like pasta and Krejci)?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad