Proposal: 3 MTL trades (EDM - BUF - CAR)

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
MTL seem stubborn to want to rebuild. With Weber and Price in the team, Bergevin still thinks he can win a Cup, lol... This is a last hoorah for him.

:habs
10th OA pick
Lucic

:edmonton
Juulsen
2nd round pick (CHI)
4th round pick (EDM)

Why Habs do it? They have Weber and Petry set in RD. They don't need Juulsen if they're "competing" now. They get the 10th OA pick which means business!

Why Oilers do it? They get rid of a massive black hole contract in Lucic (they trade him to the 2nd worst GM in the league after their own) and get a very good RHD prospect in Juulsen + some picks to alleviate the 10th OA pick loss.

O'Reilly

:sabres
Pacioretty
10th OA pick

Why Habs do it? They finally get their center. 'nuff said.

Why Sabres do it? They get one of the best 2-way LWers in Pacioretty and the 10th OA pick in a deep draft year (FWIW, they could draft a center like Veleno/Hayton, etc).

Hanifin

:canes
3rd OA pick
Lindgren

Why Habs do it? They patch the massive hole in LD with Hanifin who's got great upside and has the "grit" and "character" that Bergevin likes.

Why Canes do it? They get 2nd and 3rd OA... They can either draft Zadina and get him to play with Necas, or Kotkaniemi, Tkachuk, etc. Lots of great options that could help their offense and/or bring the grit they need.

Finally, Habs buyout Alzner, and unfortunately resign Plekanec to a 2-year deal (low cap hit).

New Habs line-up:
Drouin - O'Reilly - Gallagher
Domi - Danault - Lehkonen
Lucic - Plekanec - Hudon
Deslauriers - A. Shaw - Byron

Hanifin - Weber
Reilly - Petry
Schlemko - Lernout

Price

Yeesh.. At least they patched up the most "important" things (top-line C, top-line LH-PMD).

Getting closer from Edmonton point of view . I would ask for another piece tho

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
So... Montreal is gonna add $7.5M in Ryan O'Reilly and $6M in Lucic. Locking up a grand total of $32M in cap space in four players for the next five years.

giphy.gif

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
MTL seem stubborn to want to rebuild. With Weber and Price in the team, Bergevin still thinks he can win a Cup, lol... This is a last hoorah for him.

10th OA pick
Lucic

Juulsen
2nd round pick (CHI)
4th round pick (EDM)

Why Habs do it? They have Weber and Petry set in RD. They don't need Juulsen if they're "competing" now. They get the 10th OA pick which means business!

Why Oilers do it? They get rid of a massive black hole contract in Lucic (they trade him to the 2nd worst GM in the league after their own) and get a very good RHD prospect in Juulsen + some picks to alleviate the 10th OA pick loss.

O'Reilly

Pacioretty
10th OA pick

Why Sabres do it? They get one of the best 2-way LWers in Pacioretty and the 10th OA pick in a deep draft year (FWIW, they could draft a center like Veleno/Hayton, etc).

Hanifin

3rd OA pick
Lindgren

Why Habs do it? They patch the massive hole in LD with Hanifin who's got great upside and has the "grit" and "character" that Bergevin likes.

Why Canes do it? They get 2nd and 3rd OA... They can either draft Zadina and get him to play with Necas, or Kotkaniemi, Tkachuk, etc. Lots of great options that could help their offense and/or bring the grit they need.

Finally, Habs buyout Alzner, and unfortunately resign Plekanec to a 2-year deal (low cap hit).

New Habs line-up:
Lucic - Plekanec - Hudon

Hanifin - Weber
Reilly - Petry
Schlemko - Lernout

Price

Yeesh.. At least they patched up the most "important" things (top-line C, top-line LH-PMD).
Do you realize that a center depth made of defensive centers isnt going to make the Habs much more competitive than last year? OReilly isnt a first line center anymore on a good team, you get OReilly if you have a skilled first line center to run the PP and before you tell me that he is a 60 pts center, dont forget that Buffalo was putting all their eggs in the same baskets trying to boost a first PP unit that was playing about the full 2 mins evertime, so to me, OReilly had inflated stats and should never be used that way on a normal team... he is a declining player since he isnt getting faster and his skills level are clearly not 1st line material.. I think Oreilly had inflated stats and is in reality decent 2-way second line center, it would be a nistake to get that guy if you dont have a more offensively gifted first line center... I would much rather trade Patch for kids and prospects instead to srtive bulding a team that is going nowhere anyway.. we will all cry as habs fans if we get Oreilly to play a first line center role...

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
Buffalo continues to hang up on Montreal for offering the same premise deal around Pacioretty. I've chimed the same response in every one of these pointless threads. We don't have the ability to move O'Reilly for a forward who can opt out after next year, is 29 and entering his decline stage. This is an emphatic no.

OCPenguin

Jan 22, 2013

10th OA pick
Lucic

Juulsen
2nd round pick (CHI)
4th round pick (EDM)

O'Reilly

Pacioretty
10th OA pick

Hanifin

3rd OA pick
Lindgren

New Habs line-up:
Lucic - Plekanec - Hudon

Hanifin - Weber
Reilly - Petry
Schlemko - Lernout

Price

Montreal says no. Lucic in Montreal makes me laugh. Montreal is in a rebuild, not in a compete now mode. They aren't competitive and Lucic doesn't make them better

HomeAndHome

All aboard the Lane train! WooWoo
Mar 10, 2017
London, ON
This isn't the direction I'd want Montreal to go, plus taking on all of that salary and gutting our prospect depth even more is a no go for me. The Habs better not trade the 3rd overall pick (unless it's to move down a couple spots), they're in such bad need of good younger prospects it's almost embarrassing. That's not to say Bergevin wouldn't do it though, I just hope he doesn't.

These are the proposals that make people hate habs fans.

Juulsen is great but Edmonton are better off with the 10oa than they are with him.

Why trade away a 1b centre for 1 year of Patches? Centres can play wing, o’reilly Is better for Buffalo. Keeping him mentors their young centres.

Your trade to Carolina doesn’t consider their needs. Value doesn’t seem that far off but it just doesn’t work for me. Hanifan should fetch a 1c or equal/younger player, your trade offer meets value but doesn’t help Carolina get better or meet their need. I would love Montreal to get Hanifan but this isn’t the right deal for that.
If reading bad trade proposals on the main boards make you hate a fan base I'd try and stay away from here. You have to take everything on this board with a grain of salt, plus it's mainly the same few posters for each team so no need to hate an entire fan base... unless you just enjoy doing it.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
This isn't the direction I'd want Montreal to go, plus taking on all of that salary and gutting our prospect depth even more is a no go for me. The Habs better not trade the 3rd overall pick (unless it's to move down a couple spots), they're in such bad need of good younger prospects it's almost embarrassing. That's not to say Bergevin wouldn't do it though, I just hope he doesn't.

If reading bad trade proposals on the main boards make you hate a fan base I'd try and stay away from here. You have to take everything on this board with a grain of salt, plus it's mainly the same few posters for each team so no need to hate an entire fan base... unless you just enjoy doing it.

Sorry, to clarify I am a habs fan.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Ryan O'Reilly is a good offensive two way center, but no way is he worth 10th OVA and Pacioretty. No MTL fan, but Patches is a pretty good player still.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Oilers desire to get rid of Lucic is nowhere near high enough to bundle in 10th overall with him just to make it happen. I know people on here love bundling Lucic with 10th overall, but I don't see that happening, it's fantasy land sort of stuff.

Lucic isn't viewed as a massive blackhole in Edmonton more like a powerforward that can help the team, but is $1.5M-$2M overpaid.

His contract is considered to be pretty bad though, among the worst, which is why other people are going to say things like Black Hole!

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
Add a young piece like Juulsen or Poehling, and buffalo says yes

Don't want anything to do with Pacioretty to be honest he's the opposite of what Buffalo needs to be doing. This would be a Murray move. Speeding up the process. Hence, has this worked before. Anything involving Patches makes NO SENSE in Buffalo's attempt to correct the issue.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
No never heard anyone say that, the concencus is Bergevin is the worst gm I the league

Chia traded Hall for Larsson, that put him well out front in the race for worst, even before Hall had an MVP like season!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad