Proposal: 3 MTL trades (EDM - BUF - CAR)

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
His contract is considered to be pretty bad though, among the worst, which is why other people are going to say things like Black Hole!
I understand why people say stuff like that and his contract is bad, it's buy-out proof and comes with an NMC on top of being overpaid, but my point being his play while underwhelming hasn't been Black Hole bad, not like David Clarkson or Matt Moulson, he helps the team win, but that cap space could be put to better use elsewhere.

Chia traded Hall for Larsson, that put him well out front in the race for worst, even before Hall had an MVP like season!
I'm not going to argue to the contrary, he's easily amongst the 3 worst GM's in the league, others might have different opinions as to who the worst is, but he's right up there.

Reactions: Oddbob

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
Do you realize that a center depth made of defensive centers isnt going to make the Habs much more competitive than last year? OReilly isnt a first line center anymore on a good team, you get OReilly if you have a skilled first line center to run the PP and before you tell me that he is a 60 pts center, dont forget that Buffalo was putting all their eggs in the same baskets trying to boost a first PP unit that was playing about the full 2 mins evertime, so to me, OReilly had inflated stats and should never be used that way on a normal team... he is a declining player since he isnt getting faster and his skills level are clearly not 1st line material.. I think Oreilly had inflated stats and is in reality decent 2-way second line center, it would be a nistake to get that guy if you dont have a more offensively gifted first line center... I would much rather trade Patch for kids and prospects instead to srtive bulding a team that is going nowhere anyway.. we will all cry as habs fans if we get Oreilly to play a first line center role...

ROR's stats are inflated on the Sabres, who were dead last by a fair margin in Goals scored, and had 20th ranked PP (it was dead last for a good chunk of the season, too)... lol.

If you look at average PP time for every team, ROR's power play time per game from last season is right in line with most good players around the NHL. So are all their stats inflated too, then?

Pacioretty had 3:06 PP toi to ROR's 3:36 last year.

Also, If that's the case (his #'s inflated from PP), how do you explain his production in Colorado?
For example, his most productive season ever, 2013-14, he was ranked #126 in power play time per game.

Or what about last year in Buffalo?
ROR was #67 in the NHL in PP time.

I get it if you don't want ROR and want to rebuild instead. That's fine. Just say that.
I feel the same way. I don't want Patches as the centerpiece for ROR. It doesn't fit Buffalo's rebuild either.

Last edited:

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
ROR's stats are inflated on the Sabres, who were dead last by a fair margin in Goals scored, and had 20th ranked PP (it was dead last for a good chunk of the season, too)... lol.

If you look at average PP time for every team, ROR's power play time per game from last season is right in line with most good players around the NHL. So are all their stats inflated too, then?

Pacioretty had 3:06 PP toi to ROR's 3:36 last year.

Also, If that's the case (his #'s inflated from PP), how do you explain his production in Colorado?
For example, his most productive season ever, 2013-14, he was ranked #126 in power play time per game.

Or what about last year in Buffalo?
ROR was #67 in the NHL in PP time.

I get it if you don't want ROR and want to rebuild instead. That's fine. Just say that.
I feel the same way. I don't want Patches as the centerpiece for ROR. It doesn't fit Buffalo's rebuild either.
To me OReilly is a 50 pts 2nd line center, of course, il you use him on the first PP wave with a guy like Eichel and that wave play almost the whole 2 minutes, he will get extra points, like any players used in that situation, Im only warning you that if you get OReilly for first line center duties, Habs wont be much better, certainly not still good enough for the playoffs...

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
To me OReilly is a 50 pts 2nd line center, of course, il you use him on the first PP wave with a guy like Eichel and that wave play almost the whole 2 minutes, he will get extra points, like any players used in that situation, Im only warning you that if you get OReilly for first line center duties, Habs wont be much better, certainly not still good enough for the playoffs...

You only seem to be looking at last season. His stats have been about the same every year since he entered the NHL.

So how did he put up those same numbers in the seasons where he wasn't getting nearly as much PP time?

Like 2013, his best seasons ever, points wise? When he was #126 in PP time (125 players got more PP time than him and yet all didn't put up his numbers...).

I am a Buffalo fan btw, so we already have O'Reilly and we are quite happy with him. No need for warnings... lol.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
50 point centre who has hit 60+ points in 3 of the past 5 years? I guess technically he is a 50 point centre, but he's also a 60 point centre, which is more accurate. To suggest its all Eichel is incorrect as well.

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016
Whats your point? This has been reported by a number of sources in the media. Also, I don't have any "sources".

There’s not rumours on him getting moved, just certain members of the media trying to click bait.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad