GDT: #3 | "McDavid's Winger Lullaby" | Oilers @ NYI | Oct. 8th, 5 pm | SNOL

How many goals does Matt Benning score this game?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Lovely and funny GDT y'all. Was actually just poppin in on check on y'all and whom plays with the davids and there it was :biglaugh: I was treally hoping for this too sires and sirettes. Have fun and wish y'all all the best to the gezame! :celebration:

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
That is what Klefbom will look like be seasons' end if we keep getting these injuries :laugh::laugh:

Great GDT yet again !

I actually kind of like this East Coast swing, lots of time in between games to get in some practice. Lets win another one of the Island!

Reactions: ConnorMcMullet

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
I sense if this team can gain some confidence they might, just might, surprise us and make the playoffs.

A 3-0 start would certainly help.

BTW: Beauty GDT, well done!

PaulZ

I'm confused....
Jan 21, 2015
Ontario
Oil gonna dominate again tonight, I'm guessing they score at least 7 tonight and keep the isles to 2 or less. This is the fast start they'll need to dominate the west and with the depth this team has down the middle, they won't slow down.

Reactions: Oilers Propagandist

Jesus Take the Wheel

Jul 9, 2015
Edmonton
Oil gonna dominate again tonight, I'm guessing they score at least 7 tonight and keep the isles to 2 or less. This is the fast start they'll need to dominate the west and with the depth this team has down the middle, they won't slow down.

Well you got the "I'm confused" part right on your profile, the game isnt till tomorrow :laugh:

Zenos

Oct 4, 2009
Traveling 5 hrs total on the bloody subway and bus from North Manhattan to see this. Oilers better show up. :D

Wow, is that normal?! I had no idea getting out to the coliseum was that much of a commitment. Kudos to you!

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
“A big slow turd” :laugh: Funny GDT!

Going to be an interesting game tomorrow. Oilers win if they play a game in between the two they won at home.

Koskinen with the start, McDavid with another big game, Leon with 2, RNH gets his first. Oilers win 5-2.

Jesus Take the Wheel

Jul 9, 2015
Edmonton
Great gdt (albeit a day early for the second game in a row )

This game will be a huge measuring point for our young dmen, nyi is a fast and heavy forechecking team, something they havent seen in the first two games.

On that note, i originally wanted Kosk to play this game, but based on my point above i think Smith is a much better matchup against nyi (as long as he avoids blunders like sat)

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
I made a GDT too but I’ll save it for the Jersey game now. Might have to get a GDT sign up going again so we know when someone else is making one.

Great work @ConnorMcMullet!! ****ing hilarious man lol. Let’s make it 3-0!
Thanks! Sorry, I must have missed that. A GDT sign-up thread is a good idea.

McJC

May 2, 2010
Edmonton
Draisaitl, Klef, and McDavid played 26, 26, and 24 minutes respectively... we're asking a ton from those guys. Too much too early

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
For all the defensive liabilities that may come up because of it, having Bear/Persson as your top 2 RD is such a boost for offense. They know how to move the puck, there is no doubt.

PinSeeker

Aug 22, 2005
YLW
Draisaitl, Klef, and McDavid played 26, 26, and 24 minutes respectively... we're asking a ton from those guys. Too much too early
Sheahan back will reduce Drai's PK time drastically.

Snowpants

In Depth Hockey Analyst
Apr 20, 2019
Would like them to win or course but I watched Isles Jets and Isles pushed the pace from the second period on going to be tough to match all four of their lines at that speed

Snowpants

In Depth Hockey Analyst
Apr 20, 2019
For all the defensive liabilities that may come up because of it, having Bear/Persson as your top 2 RD is such a boost for offense. They know how to move the puck, there is no doubt.

Isles took apart the Jets D last night after a slow start just dominated possession time

ours is better right now sure but by how much?

PinSeeker

Aug 22, 2005
YLW
Isles took apart the Jets D last night after a slow start just dominated possession time

ours is better right now sure but by how much?
Didn't see the game so of course this data needs to be taken with a grain of salt, but the numbers tell a different story:
Winnipeg Jets @ New York Islanders, 2019-10-06

Corsi has its limitations though, I like HDCF% as a great indicator of true scoring opportunities, which supports your observation.

So what was the reason? Jets D is decimated right now so yeah I would hope the Oil fare better.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
6 of those minutes were on the PP for Klefbom.

All of them, actually.

Would like to see Draisaitl and McDavid around that 23 minute mark though. However on nights with lots of PP time, that's not an outrageous number.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007

Don't cancel your dinner reservations for tonight as the game isn't until tomorrow. I think they're 2-0 with early GDTs posted...going for 3-0 :).

Lovely and funny GDT y'all. Was actually just poppin in on check on y'all and whom plays with the davids and there it was :biglaugh: I was treally hoping for this too sires and sirettes. Have fun and wish y'all all the best to the gezame! :celebration:

To (partially) quote Pumpkin Escobar from Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back:

I don't know what the f*** you just said, but it touched my heart.

VeneratedUnlinedGemsbuck-small.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad