Prince-Quine-Clutterbuck

Leddy-Pelech
Pulock-Siedenberg
Hickey-Boychuck

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Don't think Toronto or Colorado do those deals, Arizona might pull the trigger but I would not as a NYI fan.

Dipietro39

Jul 15, 2005
To get Duchene, I think the Isles need to trade Hamonic + MDC/ Ho-Sang + Strome/First Round pick

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Hamonic doesn't get you Nylander. We'd need a D of similar age in return and a pretty good one at that. A Provorov type of young player.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
I know it's all for fun but I don't get the point of these proposals, it's too busy, too many pieces and people.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
The Duchene deal is pretty good value, but it needs to be around a blue chip D, not C. Leafs would need a much more significant + than a 2nd on top of Hamonic to entertain moving Nylander

SCMURRAY

Jul 6, 2016
Long Island
Isles take the Hamonic deal and run...The Duchene trade i think is fair but Avs fans wont...dont see the isles moving Cizikas

iggy

Aug 2, 2005
I know it's all for fun but I don't get the point of these proposals, it's too busy, too many pieces and people.

As an Islanders fan, I feel they need more than just one move to get to the next level. With Snow losing Okposo, Nielsen, and Martin, He needs to fix the mess he made. Duchene gives us that #2 center that will take some pressure off of JT. Duclair and Strome are two guys that could benefit from a change of scenery. Hanzal is the guy that replaces Nielsen`s defensive awareness at center plus is great at faceoffs. Nylander is a RW that could really help JT. This is very busy but all very necessary.

iggy

Aug 2, 2005
Isles take the Hamonic deal and run...The Duchene trade i think is fair but Avs fans wont...dont see the isles moving Cizikas

I like Cizikas very much but Snow way over paid him as a 4th liner. Hate to lose the player love to lose the contract.

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Islanders line-up.

Leddy-Pelech
Pulock-Siedenberg
Hickey-Boychuck

Yuck.

Nylander has crossed over to "untouchable" territory for Toronto and I'd hesitate to move Barzal for Duchene, Barzal's the one prospect in our system that could wind up being as good as Duchene in a few years.

Arizona trade just seems kinda pointless, if Hanzal decides to bounce it's Strome, Cizikas, MDC for just Duclair? I'd rather just keep our depth.

Duclair's 9 points in 41 games this season are worse than both Strome (14 points in 44 games) and Cikizas (17 points in 41 games), and we're also going to give them a top-5 pick to seal the deal?

So one deal I'd do but Toronto won't, and two Milbury-type deals that carelessly give away our youth.

Omac13

Sep 10, 2010
Newfoundland
Islanders give Hamonic and a 2nd 2017

Toronto gives Nylander.

Islanders give Barzal, deHann, and a 1st 2017

Colorado gives Duchene.

Islanders give Cizikas, Strome, Dal Colle

Arizona gives Duclair and Hanzal.

Islanders line-up.

Lee-Tavares-Nylander
Ladd-Duchene-Duclair
Nelson-Hazel-Bailey
Prince-Quine-Clutterbuck

Leddy-Pelech
Pulock-Siedenberg
Hickey-Boychuck

As I mentioned in the Sanheim for Nylander debate going on. Leafs wont be moving Nylander. Despite the fact I like Hamonic and think he is a quality D man who would look nice in our Top 4 I cant see us giving up Nylander to get him.

Other options however could include something around Pulock and Kapanen?

Or a top 6 winger 27 years old in JVR for a top 4 defender 26 years old in Hamonic?

Otto91

Aug 13, 2006

Toronto gives Nylander.

Colorado gives Duchene.

Islanders line-up.

Lee-Tavares-Nylander
Ladd-Duchene-Duclair
Nelson-Hazel-Bailey
Prince-Quine-Clutterbuck

Leddy-Pelech
Pulock-Siedenberg
Hickey-Boychuck

Why not trade the Whole team and all of the 2017 Draft class?

Beautvillier

beauvillier fan club
Nov 26, 2016
Florida
Barzal isn't going anywhere. And I'm not interested in giving anything for Duclair unless it's a straight swap of Strome for him. Dal Colle+Cizikas is too much for Hanzal imo.

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
OP: "Lets trade our best prospects and gut the defense so we have the opposite problem we do now and no pieces left to fill the gigantic holes in our blueline"

KingDeathMetal

Jun 7, 2015
Long Island, NY
Don't trade Barzal for Duchene, he's probably going to wind up being better, let alone giving up De Haan and a 1st rounder as well. Duchene is so damn overrated.

HasbeenHallzy

May 14, 2015
Sudbury
I'm confused... In another thread Taylor Hall doesn't get Hamonic, and in this Thread Hamonic and a 2nd doesn't get Nylander.....

So Nylander > Hall + 2nd?

rmyk

Jun 6, 2015
Colorado
I'm confused... In another thread Taylor Hall doesn't get Hamonic, and in this Thread Hamonic and a 2nd doesn't get Nylander.....

Trades aren't made in vacuum. Leafs aren't in the same position as Oilers when they were looking to trade Hall.

Leafs have finished 30th last season and is still rebuilding. As much as fans and media are excited about potentially making the playoffs, their management is looking at the bigger picture. So it is very understandable why they will not trade Nylander who is currently on ELC and exempt from expansion draft for Hamonic.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Imo. i cant believe people deny the second trade for Duchene and most of all, i cant believe a islanders would offer such a package! would understand if you guys would be closer to a cup, but losing de han to add Duchene would put an other hole and **** up your futur if the trade doesnt end up working. Barzal will be nuts, De han is a decent top 4 and the 1st is kinda random since you guys are a bubble team. i just feel like the deal doesnt make sense for the islanders at all!

xIsle

Oct 24, 2006
Montreal

Toronto gives Nylander.

Colorado gives Duchene.

Islanders line-up.

Lee-Tavares-Nylander
Ladd-Duchene-Duclair
Nelson-Hazel-Bailey
Prince-Quine-Clutterbuck

Leddy-Pelech
Pulock-Siedenberg
Hickey-Boychuck
You forgot to trade Beauvillier!

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA

In real life Hall didn't get Hamonic. Many Islander fans in retrospect wouldn't have been so quick to reject that trade, getting JT a legit winger and throwing Pulock into the top-4. Personally I'm not trading Hamonic unless a damn good forward is coming back - Hall, Nylander, Pacioretty not JVR, Eberle, two meh prospects and a late 1st.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad