Proposal: 3 Islander trades

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
Don't trade Barzal for Duchene, he's probably going to wind up being better, let alone giving up De Haan and a 1st rounder as well. Duchene is so damn overrated.

How many players were "probably going to wind up being better" than an established first line C/first pairing D, only to end up not reaching their full potential?

I know the Avs have had high hopes for a bunch of young guys who showed a lot of promise, only to have very few of them turn out as we hoped. Of course, that hasn't stopped us from having high hopes for Greer, Jost, Rantanen, etc., so I can definitely understand wanting to keep your guy and hope, rather than trading him and risk watching him become another McDonagh or Forsberg.

ichabod13

Oct 5, 2010
Baltimore Maryland
Personally I'm not trading Hamonic unless a damn good forward is coming back - Hall, Nylander, Pacioretty, Eberle, two meh prospects and a late 1st.

thats your asking price for hamonic........or am i reading it wrong?

if im reading it right and that is indeed your asking price, i have to ask you one more question..........have you watched hamonic play this season?
right now i doubt hamonic could return two mediocre prospects and a late first, let alone adding a big name forward.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Islanders give Hamonic and a 2nd 2017

Toronto gives Nylander.

Islanders give Barzal, deHann, and a 1st 2017

Colorado gives Duchene.

Islanders give Cizikas, Strome, Dal Colle

Arizona gives Duclair and Hanzal.

Islanders line-up.

Lee-Tavares-Nylander
Ladd-Duchene-Duclair
Nelson-Hazel-Bailey
Prince-Quine-Clutterbuck

Leddy-Pelech
Pulock-Siedenberg
Hickey-Boychuck

Honestly, horrible for the Leafs.
Nylander is a top-5 prospect in the game on pace for 60+ pts in his rookie year playing on a checking line.

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
thats your asking price for hamonic........or am i reading it wrong?

if im reading it right and that is indeed your asking price, i have to ask you one more question..........have you watched hamonic play this season?
right now i doubt hamonic could return two mediocre prospects and a late first, let alone adding a big name forward.

You selectively edited my post. No, I don't intend for Hamonic alone to return Hall, Nylander, Pacioretty, Eberle, two meh prospects and a late 1st. :laugh::laugh:

If you think he's terrible and you'd trade him for less than a "two mediocre prospects and a late 1st" return, well then I'm glad you're not the Islanders GM because that's a horribly short-sighted move which would do significant damage to the organization. It's much easier to find a top-pairing 26-year-old RHD on a great contract playing NHL 17 than it is to replace one in real life.

But hey, maybe I'm wrong. Maybe we can trade Hamonic for two mediocre prospects and then flip one of the mediocre prospects for Ekblad at 50% retention so his cap hit matches Hamonic's.

ichabod13

Oct 5, 2010
Baltimore Maryland
You selectively edited my post. No, I don't intend for Hamonic alone to return Hall, Nylander, Pacioretty, Eberle, two meh prospects and a late 1st. :laugh::laugh:

If you think he's terrible and you'd trade him for less than a "two mediocre prospects and a late 1st" return, well then I'm glad you're not the Islanders GM because that's a horribly short-sighted move which would do significant damage to the organization. It's much easier to find a top-pairing 26-year-old RHD on a great contract playing NHL 17 than it is to replace one in real life.

But hey, maybe I'm wrong. Maybe we can trade Hamonic for two mediocre prospects and then flip one of the mediocre prospects for Ekblad at 50% retention so his cap hit matches Hamonic's.

i "selectively edited" your post down to the part that i wanted to ask you about. lighten up nancy. you are the one that said "Personally I'm not trading Hamonic unless a damn good forward is coming back - Hall, Nylander, Pacioretty not JVR, Eberle, two meh prospects and a late 1st."

if thats not what you meant, please explain what you did mean.

or am i asking too much of you?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad