Post-Game Talk: 3 in a row! With Wings this side of the border. Who's Laffing now?

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Would it not be prudent to keep Petry if he is indeed back to his former self? When on his game,it is a much coveted player.

Prudent?

Petry will be done in three years when his contract is over. Montreal will not be relevant while his contract is still around. If you can move him, move him. He's a distraction while things aren't going so well for the team.

Reactions: Hoochi Papa

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Prudent?

Petry will be done in three years when his contract is over. Montreal will not be relevant while his contract is still around. If you can move him, move him. He's a distraction while things aren't going so well for the team.

Problem is, who do you play on the right side if you trade him? Who will play with Guhle when he comes over?

Reactions: Mandala

rik schau

It'll get ya where ya wanna go.........eventually.
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
Prudent?

It better be one heck of a package for him then if you feel he will contribute nothing positive for the remainder of his contact whilst in Montreal. I'm led to believe that last years version of Petry would be welcome on any team and appears to be more of that version of late.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Would it not be prudent to keep Petry if he is indeed back to his former self? When on his game,it is a much coveted player.

I don't think he gets traded at Deadline maybe at draft. It's probably best to move on from him, as he's an older player still looking to win.

But, he's definitely a high value trade.

It's good to see him playing like himself again.

rik schau

It'll get ya where ya wanna go.........eventually.
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
I don't think he gets traded at Deadline maybe at draft. It's probably best to move on from him, as he's an older player still looking to win.

But, he's definitely a high value trade.

It's good to see him playing like himself again.

Yes nice to see Petry playing like he can and suspect the new management will be contemplating what is best for whatever direction the choose to go.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Apeironic

Jan 10, 2019
Best direction? -- for the love of god guys, he is dead weight for this organization that could potentially produce giant value at the origin of a big rebuild. Keep him?!

Why can't people just let a good thing go. TRADE PETRY NOW.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Muzzin has fallen off and is injured a lot these days.

Their kids on D are ok, but soft. Dermott is nothing special.

Brodie was -3 tonight and Rielly -2, deservedly so.

Holl is hated, yet was +2 tonight and is probably ok as a bottom pairing D, but he's in their top 3.

They got that Ilyabushkin from Arizona who brings physicality but that's it.

Among teams in a playoff spot, they have the worst D and goaltending in Atlantic and probably in the East. M & M are carrying that team, although not tonight.

That’s the trick though, shut down those two idiots and you got yourself a win!!

The Shanaplan and Dumbass are reaping the fruits of their labour…..another 1st round exit incoming.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Lol, is that empire of the sun playing in the background?

Didn't expect to hear that in an nhl lockeroom

I used to have a Sea Ray boat with the upgraded sound system on it and I always played this song….it’s got that Ibiza feel to it!!!

Reactions: Runner77

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad