Post-Game Talk: 3 in a row! With Wings this side of the border. Who's Laffing now?

Habby Patty

May 7, 2018
Ontario
I love the Leafs fans on the main board using the fact that we went to the Finals as an insult, as if their own team hasn't won a playoff series in 2 decades :biglaugh:That's how you know they're truly out of material
And they chirp about how we’re in last place and have under 10 wins(not anymore ;)) and it’s like, ok? How did you get Matthews and the rest of your core? Oh yeah! By sucking and getting top 5 picks…

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
For sure, Bergevin hanging on for dear life to our late 1st rounders during that period rather than packaging some for roster improvements didn't help either.

However, we certainly didn't get the most out of our roster potential at that time. We always got eliminated in a scoring drought.

Take a guy like Galchenyuk, for all his flaws, and imagine him under MSL. Or Subban with more trust put in his game rather than focus on making him a "better person". List can go on.

Not even God could save Galchenyuk. Extremely flawed player with little going on between the ears. As great as MSL has been, there are head cases that just can’t be helped.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
And they should be. I was getting all this grief yesterday from my friends and co-workers about how we're trash and the Leafs don't even need to put Mrazek in as we'd be generating nothing...

This morning, everyone isn't saying a word to me about the game, LOL!

I have no illusions that the Leafs are more talented than we are and probably if they put on some big boy pants and start the game with some urgency, it would had been a different story.

End of the day, we smoked them and made them look like posers. To me anyways, while I'm happy with our efforts and the boys, this still says more about the Leafs than it does us. Simply put, if we can beat them 5-2 and essentially control the game, they got ZERO chance against a real contender in the playoffs.

We might just have forced Dubas’ hand into making another trade.

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
I love the Leafs fans on the main board using the fact that we went to the Finals as an insult, as if their own team hasn't won a playoff series in 2 decades :biglaugh:That's how you know they're truly out of material
I love how they're already gearing up to use the division/playoff format as an excuse when they lose to Florida or Tampa, as if they didn't get 2 chances to win against Columbus and Montreal lmao

Reactions: Stive Morgan

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Habs have looked slow as molasses all season long, yet last night I found Leafs having issues keeping pace…

Reactions: angusyoung

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
For sure, Bergevin hanging on for dear life to our late 1st rounders during that period rather than packaging some for roster improvements didn't help either.

However, we certainly didn't get the most out of our roster potential at that time. We always got eliminated in a scoring drought.

Take a guy like Galchenyuk, for all his flaws, and imagine him under MSL. Or Subban with more trust put in his game rather than focus on making him a "better person". List can go on.
Galchenyuk is slow and doesn’t have IQ to “read plays” - thoroughly flawed in so many aspects of the game ..

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Habs have looked slow as molasses all season long, yet last night I found Leafs having issues keeping pace…
I think it was more that they were wandering around the ice not knowing where to go or what to do. Once MSL gave them a mission, it's been all together.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Leafs are ALMOST as soft as the Habs. Not quite

I'd say they are. Especially with chiarot back. Edmundson would also help if available.

I mean, they have Jason spezza dropping the gloves and hugging Suzuki after he laid out holl

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004

I think it was more that they were wandering around the ice not knowing where to go or what to do. Once MSL gave them a mission, it's been all together.

Agreed 100% with the wandering without a plan.

There were also some small changes, like Toffoli out for Pitlick... not the same talent level, but much faster.

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
The fact that Suzuki clobbered and pestered their players and the best they could do was have Spezza answer the call says everything you need to know.

I still laugh recalling Cuthbert sounding like Spezza was Messier on that play or something. Cheap shot and recoiled like a coward when someone his size came in.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Their chirps are hilarious *how does it feel to go to the cup finals and finish last the year after*, little do they know its fantastic to s**** on them with an ass roster all while tanking :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Imagine laughs fans, they probably have nightmares about Joel Armia and Paul Byron :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: You could not possibly lose to a worst team than us in the playoffs and they know it:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Jul 6, 2016
Just a feeling: Habs gonna get 31 pints in their last 31 games and finish with 60 points.

Gonna draft between 5th and 9th.

Hopefully, they make other trades to get at least another 1st rounder, maybe 2, between 15th and 30th pick.

Reactions: Theodore450

Gally11

Sep 20, 2010
Toronto
He was their 13th forwards this season and it seems they didn't like him defensively (at center).

Which is amusing, because MSL is using him a lot defensively (at wing). That's actually why he was the most used forward last night. But then MSL concept of defense might be very different than how the other coaches see it. :laugh:

Thanks!! Interesting! Well hopefully he’s out next Byron

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Yup. We wasted our window with Therrien as HC.
The window lacked the most important piece. A #1C. But yeah, Therrien's obsession with D and chipping pucks out of our zone limited our chances at producing offense when we needed it.

I would not blame it all on Therrien though (even if I didn't like him as our coach).

The window lacked belief on high that we actually had one. This upset me the most. We all saw what adding a Vanek did for our roster and we all saw what DD was not able to accomplish as a 1B. There was absolutely no excuse for not moving assets to address these two areas,

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad