Post-Game Talk: 3 in a row! With Wings this side of the border. Who's Laffing now?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
People who want to trade Anderson - I really have to question your ability to judge talent and team makeup. The guy is literally the only player we have in the top 9 with size. He's the only forward we have that makes opposing team defensemen nervous, and the only forward we have that can drop the gloves and hold his own with anyone in the league - and he can score. You don't trade guys like that, you keep them, that's why everyone wants them.

I think it's a factor of frustration with some fans. I have seen a trend with some fans that when things are bad, they go on attack mode and think everyone sucks and they got to be moved. Wish this would go away cause us fans as a whole need to be better than that. Players avoid Montreal cause of how our fan base turns on players (quickly).

Anderson is a keeper. Great guy to have on that line with Caufield and Suzuki. Protects them to some degree and his size draws attention where it might free up space for the other two to do their thing. Anderson was paired with Caufield and Suzuki for the last few playoff games and I liked what I seen. I wanted this heading into this year but Ducharme didn't see it that way. Toffoli fit as well but Anderson fits better IMO.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Anderson - Suzuki - Caufield looking good!
Now get Shane Wright and start building the second line!

Trade for Kravtsov and pick Wright, Cooley or Savoie (although Savoie might be the best fit for what follows):

Caufield (Righty playing left) - Suzuki - Kravtsov (Lefty playing right)
Heineman - Wright\Cooley\Savoie - Anderson

Then, start building a third line around Poehling with a play maker and a shooter, maybe Kidney and Roy:

Kidney - Poehling - Roy (a Lefty playing right)

We all love Evans and Dvorak could be a 3rd line C or a 4th line C, but I honestly think that the future will come to pass via Mysak as the 4th line C:

Farrell - Mysak - Ylonen

Offense from the 4th line, but defensively responsible.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
What a day to be alive.

5-2. FIVE TO FREAKIN' TWO. Bwahahaha

Habs largest winning streak this season?

eaemhsb.jpg

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
QC
I saw a buddy with a shirt he made that was red and blue, and in white letters it read, 'Leafs were up 3-1".

I about choked on my coffee.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Yup. We wasted our window with Therrien as HC.

The window lacked the most important piece. A #1C. But yeah, Therrien's obsession with D and chipping pucks out of our zone limited our chances at producing offense when we needed it.

I would not blame it all on Therrien though (even if I didn't like him as our coach).

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I would so have liked to see what Saint-Louis would have done with KK.

At least we should get the chance to see what he'll do with Dvorak... but KK. I feel would have been a match made in heaven. KK always had great vision.

I don't think he would be as obsessive with his mistakes like both Julien and Ducharme were with young players. Imagine getting opportunity as a young person and then having your manager nit pick your every mistake? Terrible learning environment.

KK is in good hands with Brid'Amour

Takeru

Oct 6, 2014
The window lacked the most important piece. A #1C. But yeah, Therrien's obsession with D and chipping pucks out of our zone limited our chances at producing offense when we needed it.

I would not blame it all on Therrien though (even if I didn't like him as our coach).
For sure, Bergevin hanging on for dear life to our late 1st rounders during that period rather than packaging some for roster improvements didn't help either.

However, we certainly didn't get the most out of our roster potential at that time. We always got eliminated in a scoring drought.

Take a guy like Galchenyuk, for all his flaws, and imagine him under MSL. Or Subban with more trust put in his game rather than focus on making him a "better person". List can go on.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
For sure, Bergevin hanging on for dear life to our late 1st rounders during that period rather than packaging some for roster improvements didn't help either.

However, we certainly didn't get the most out of our roster potential at that time. We always got eliminated in a scoring drought.

Take a guy like Galchenyuk, for all his flaws, and imagine him under MSL. Or Subban with more trust put in his game rather than focus on making him a "better person". List can go on.
First guy I thought about when hearing the MSL quotes was chucky

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Takeru

Oct 6, 2014
I don't think he would be as obsessive with his mistakes like both Julien and Ducharme were with young players. Imagine getting opportunity as a young person and then having your manager nit pick your every mistake? Terrible learning environment.

KK is in good hands with Brid'Amour
Exactly, whole difference between constructive criticism VS criticism in itself.

It's damn puzzling how so many HC seemingly can't tell the difference.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
This is decent team if it got any goaltending. Netminding killed us first have of season. We be .500 if good goalies. Even with 21 million in caproom on LTIR.

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal

I agree that blaming Therrien for everything is excessive.

To have a cup run everything has to align. Coaching, player health, hot streaks, bounces... Therrien was not the only problem but it was unlikely that the habs would ever have won a cup with him, at least unless they ran the playoffs before the regular season instead of after.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
fig fans are sad this am.

beat them in the playoffs and now with a junior B goalie too

And they should be. I was getting all this grief yesterday from my friends and co-workers about how we're trash and the Leafs don't even need to put Mrazek in as we'd be generating nothing...

This morning, everyone isn't saying a word to me about the game, LOL!

I have no illusions that the Leafs are more talented than we are and probably if they put on some big boy pants and start the game with some urgency, it would had been a different story.

End of the day, we smoked them and made them look like posers. To me anyways, while I'm happy with our efforts and the boys, this still says more about the Leafs than it does us. Simply put, if we can beat them 5-2 and essentially control the game, they got ZERO chance against a real contender in the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad